free hit
counters
Lotus "50 years at Hethel" magazine - Page 8 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus "50 years at Hethel" magazine

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I think that Simon's photo is attributed to the wrong person too! Doh! 

It was Simon's car featured, but the entry was a photographic friend Simon knew, so it may be him. I don't think he collected his prize, level 1 Driving Academy day, I did and it was awesome, pity it's finishing.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

Ordered x2 and paid, one for keeping mint and one for read and thumbing through. I look forward to my read and hopefully spotting my photograph in the book which was a winner in the Lotus photographic competition. I know Simon's car is featured, so would guess the others are that won.

14222834622_dd9c0f4e45_b.jpg

Fantastic photo but does the wing mirror look a little...big?

10 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

Ordered x2 and paid, one for keeping mint and one for read and thumbing through. I look forward to my read and hopefully spotting my photograph in the book which was a winner in the Lotus photographic competition. I know Simon's car is featured, so would guess the others are that won.

14222834622_dd9c0f4e45_b.jpg

Owen, if you ever thing about selling your Esprit please drop me a line. That looks gorgeous.

• Like 1

Ok for the purerist the wing mirror looks wrong and the wheels were fitted to the finial models oh and the front splitter is not right again fitted to the last ones. Nice looking car and great photo.

The magazine is a good read and a few stories I had not read before,great to have had your photo in the mag.

A

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew C said:

Ok for the purerist the wing mirror looks wrong and the wheels were fitted to the finial models oh and the front splitter is not right again fitted to the last ones. Nice looking car and great photo.

The magazine is a good read and a few stories I had not read before,great to have had your photo in the mag.

A

I'm not a purerist, I turn all my cars into how I like them, not always how they came out of the factory. In away when they come out of the factory most cars are not pure, people add optional extras and every car nowadays is different, no two are the same, a pure car would be nothing added, that's rare. The wheels were on the car when I bought it, so were the mirrors, which are from a Honda 2000, most people like them and say they suit the car, it also has V8 seats fitted from new.

The splitter I fitted, I prefer the late v8 version to the plastic one originally fitted, mines an SJ version, so I closed the middle join as they are fibreglass, which I think makes it look so much better being one piece. I've also done the whole rear conversion now, round lights and centre exhaust, but that's what I like. I'm not trying to be a pretend V8, I just like that look of the car, at the time I bought mine I could have had a V8 cheaper than my four pot.

29742490095_15385bed24_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Owen, if you ever thing about selling your Esprit please drop me a line. That looks gorgeous.

When the time comes I will add your name to the list, yes I do have a list of people who have said exactly what you have said. I'm not quite ready yet to part with it, it's getting a major overhaul next year, paint work, interior, engine and radiators, so by the time I do sell it it will be A1+

8 hours ago, theelanman said:

@OwenGT3 do you know what publication they were using your pic in?

and if so when's it out?

I assume it's in this 50th magazine, the photo competition was to do with the 50th celebrations. I entered on a whim, didn't do any Photoshop work to the image, straight out of the camera and it won along with the other two. They can use the photo how they see fit in publications, but the competition had to have some Norfolk connection, hence Blickling Hall, perhaps the most known of all the halls in Norfolk other than Holkham Hall.

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, OwenGT3 said:

I'm not a purerist, I turn all my cars into how I like them, not always how they came out of the factory. In away when they come out of the factory most cars are not pure, people add optional extras and every car nowadays is different, no two are the same, a pure car would be nothing added, that's rare. The wheels were on the car when I bought it, so were the mirrors, which are from a Honda 2000, most people like them and say they suit the car, it also has V8 seats fitted from new.

The splitter I fitted, I prefer the late v8 version to the plastic one originally fitted, mines an SJ version, so I closed the middle join as they are fibreglass, which I think makes it look so much better being one piece. I've also done the whole rear conversion now, round lights and centre exhaust, but that's what I like. I'm not trying to be a pretend V8, I just like that look of the car, at the time I bought mine I could have had a V8 cheaper than my four pot.

29742490095_15385bed24_b.jpg

When the time comes I will add your name to the list, yes I do have a list of people who have said exactly what you have said. I'm not quite ready yet to part with it, it's getting a major overhaul next year, paint work, interior, engine and radiators, so by the time I do sell it it will be A1+

@OwenGT3 love that rear mate. makes the car look very current, very now, and very desirable. Nice one. Love the mod.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

8 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just needs some arches now to perfect the look :wub:

No, stopping at arches, not having them is what says it's not a pretend V8. People look and go, 'is that a V8 and wonder, but it doesn't have arches???' I've gone as far as I want to go with exterior look, nice changes, but not too much. It's getting a full respray next year so will look even better being one shade of yellow again.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, march said:

Bibs - can you please check to see if I have actually paid as I can't find any reference to a payment. Thanks

Nope, last thing you bought from the shop was a window frame in 2013! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

9 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

Fantastic photo but does the wing mirror look a little...big?

They can't look any bigger than the Honda 2000 that they come from. I would say that's a smaller car than the Esprit. I like them, the originals are Citroen, so it's all borrowed stuff, mine are just borrowed from a Honda!

FML, again! Weighs a ton! 

20161019_162543.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Mines in there somewhere :lol:

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

It was close to 15kgs which is a lot for my Star Wars shopping bag! 

Evora NA

Bugger, I'm only seeing an 'out of stock' message. As sending all the way to NZ, I was just getting a bigger order for an Evora book and TLF sticker, etc ready to go at the same time.

@Bibs  Will you be getting more as I did have my name on the list?

Cheers,
Rich

Rich Miles - Social Media Coordinator - Club Lotus New Zealand

www.clublotus.org.nz 
CLNZ Facebook Page Here
CLNZ YouTube Channel Here

Thanks Bibs for putting one away for me, how do I pay?

Can I send you details via PM as I am having problems with the shop side of things.

Pop me a PM please Paul. 

Richard & Archie, I've asked for some more mags from Lotus. 

I'm sure I haven't been told this but I found out today the RRP for this is £6.90. You've all got a nice bargain :D

• Like 2

Evora NA