free hit
counters
Not Dead Yet (return of the Austin flash) - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Not Dead Yet (return of the Austin flash)

Iconic Ride

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Lordy, thought you'd moved to North Korea. Or maybe you were doing a bit of wet-work?

Anyhow, here's a catchup for ya:  we're all a bit older. That's about it. Oh, apart from Barry K. You need to keep your eye on him; he's a bit weird.

Welcome back!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I was thinking about you only last week dear Mr Heath. I did scan the obits just in case, well, you know, just in case! 

Lovely to have you back. Did you bring raccoons?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Normality has resumed......hooray!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Sparky, you would be so proud of this once terrified owner of the [likely] "longest time spent as a garage queen" V8 Esprit record in TLF history. 15 miles per annum...the RT distance to accomplish the annual state inspection [MOT equivalent] to maintain current registration for the last two years. My fear of the cam shaft "rubber bands" (a term stolen from none other than our esteemed Molemot above) snapping due to long deferred replacement has finally been put to rest by the serendipitous discovery of an ex race car mechanic in a relatively nearby burg who actually had worked on a 918 lump before, and actually "walked the walk" in things reciprocating. I forthwith entrusted my prized possession to him to perform said replacement, along with changing out the water pump, coolant flush and change, oil and filter change, and new battery installation. He even through in a "detail" job from the gents across the highway, who seem to have done more than a few "exotics," the car now rendered "as new" as when it first saw daylight. I would attach a cellphone camera pic, but due to Microsoft taking the liberty of installing Windows 10 on my laptop without my prior approval (a common complaint these days), I have (for the time being) lost the ability to send such pics to my computer via the bluetooth dongle. I hope to rectify this glitch soon. 

Bibs, rest assured that immediately following my [eventual] demise, I will take it upon myself to send you the obit via PM. This will, of course, require a bit of paranormal activity, so you must be very careful in the timing of any TLF notification so as to not unduly alarm the other members. 

The raccoon issue has not resurfaced for some time. My current "battle in the bushes" is with a very wily armadillo, who takes great delight in furrowing through all my wife's and my recent landscape additions. I have actually seen the little bastard (they are nocturnal in their ventures) but once, and lacked (at the time) the appropriate devices to dispatch the crafty critter.

John (molemot), it is evidently the case that your definition of "normality" is as skewed as mine. Such kindred spirits are few and far between, and always appreciated. How's the boat doing?

I see that there have been two more replies sent while I have been typing, but I must now attend to a previous appointment this afternoon. I promise not to take two more years to read and reply to them. No, really!

Cheers to all,

John

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Thank you, Andy. 

Thank you, Jim.

It's good to be back. It will take some time for me to get "spun up to speed" in matters TLF, but I'm certain there are topics ripe for the picking. So off I go.

Ah yes....the boat. The gallant MV "Trillum".... nothing has happened so far this year, except buying a good condition Ford Anglia 105e so that I can assemble a "Frankenmotor" to go with the "Frankencarb".... Last year was quite fun, and can be read about here:

http://freeman-cruisers.forumotion.co.uk/t524-trillium-s-trundlings

Not sure if you have to register to read it...does tend to drone on a bit....nothing new there, then!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

The link is good, John. No registration requirement needed to read. I look forward to perusing your musings when time permits.:)

5 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

Makes the forum so much more, err, interesting.

I get that. I get that, Trevor. It's a cross I gladly bear.:lol:

Not exactly sure how I [finally] beat Windows 10 into submission sufficiently to transfer my cellphone mobile pics to the laptop, but the job is done. So..........

You're gonna' have to wait a little bit longer. I can't make the picture file "send to" function operated correctly. Keep getting some obscure "error" message. Rats. I'm going to need a bigger club.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMT

Ta Da! You would not believe what it took to produce that post. 

Anyway, I'm back in the saddle again. Yippeeee!:)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Beautiful looking car in my favourite red. Very nice Sir.

Only complaint is your exahust tips are way way too shiny so go and drive the backside off that thing and get some soot and general road detritus on them. It's like looking at a naked 78 year old granny - just not right!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Thanks for the compliment, 539764185. [Is that like a doppelganger for #6?]   Image result for the prisoner

Regarding the exhaust tips, the original "soot and general road detritus" covered tips are, in fact, still there...now tightly enclosed by the concentric ring aligned stainless steel tips that were one of the first things I had done to the car when I acquired it. They are arc welded on, and not likely to depart the vehicle at this point. Much like the Brexit vote, exhaust tip surface appearance is a personal preference issue. When I posted a closeup picture of the handy work on this forum many years ago, no less than His Lordship and Emperor for Life, Bibs, seemed to like it, though his cryptic comment "Shiny!" might possibly be interpreted by some as a bit of mischief. Perhaps I'll start a "poll" on the matter. 

Cheers,

John

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Iconic Ride said:

Perhaps I'll start a "poll" on the matter. 

I like shiny chrome polls. Or is it the things that are usually hanging off them.  Hmm......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, USAndretti42 said:

Unless, of course, you are a 80 year old grandad!

From the original "Cheech and Chong" sketch..."I'm just crazy about that young stuff!"

On 7/17/2016 at 09:32, Iconic Ride said:

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATIwMT

Ta Da! You would not believe what it took to produce that post. 

Anyway, I'm back in the saddle again. Yippeeee!:)

We used to have http://www.armynavystores.co.uk/ I'm wondering if that's where you sourced that wing?

• Like 1

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Last I checked, Roger, the wing was sourced in Hethel. 

I am a bit curious as to how you "disposed" of your Esprit's wing (the one proudly mounted on the wall of your garage, like an exotic trophy bagged on safari). Did the new owner take it with him, or was he of a similar mind as you? 

Cheers,

John

p.s., any chance of a "selfie" video of you entering and exiting the Elise being posted? Bit of an exercise in kinesthetic  machinations I suspect.:)

He took it with him. I cautioned him not to send me a photo if he ever put it back on.:2guns:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)