free hit
counters
2. Plan Bigsi! - Page 2 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2. Plan Bigsi!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Bibs,

nice ideas by you guys. I have put a few bob in the coffers to help. If you want a pair of hands to clean, tote and fetch I am willing to help.

All the best to the guys who will do the hard work of building his drream machine.

Alex :D

So long as any new topics stay in this area, it's all hidden from Si.

The reason for this, I hear you ask, is that I think Simon is a proud man, and if he knew of this, he wouldn't allow it but as we all know, he needs it!

Good call Bibs, I don't know Simon but a modest donation is on its way.

I might have a couple of rare ish bits for his car tucked away and I'll see if I can find them too.

Regards

Fred

You know what Bibs?

I feel a non arranged little get together coming on. :D

I know too many cooks spoil the broth but I reckon with 2-3 to work on it and the rest of us taking turns to make coffee (beer) and sarnies (with Beer) that it will get finished quickly.

It also might cheer up the Big man. then come evening we could retire to a small hotel and swap tall stories like "Did you see Troy leap up and down when I dropped my coffee down his neck" and "When do you think Simon will be out of Hospital after that near fatal coming together with a blow torch?" :o

I may have a lot of time on my hands (depends if they give me garden leave before my redundancy kicks in), but I can lay my hands on lots of tools- fair amount of professional stuff as the old man was a mechanic for nearly 50 years, engine hoist is sitting behind the Europa (not S, TCS) so if Andy aka Punky can't get his there I can get mine from Norfolk.

Andy

Hi Guys

Money sent.... Hope it helps

If you need anymore hands (after Donnington when V8 should be finished) just ask.

What work needs doing?

Is it worth posting a list of spares needed so we can look in our garages?

I love this forum

Glyn

I must be computer illiterate today! How do I send $$ again? when I click on the link it seems to be only e-mail, w/ no connection to Paypal. Plus I havn't been registered w/ paypal in many moons. :o

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lee

I think the youtube video would be the nuts! Although, I'm sure an edit would be necessary! :D

Edited by Esprit Aviation

ok guys

As far as my place goes....

Got 3 spare rooms and 2 decent sized sofas....

As said to Bibs and Troy before, I'll dump my hunk of junk (awww the poor old girl gets little respect from me at the moment..!!) on the drive for a few weeks...

Garden for a bbq or just abuse the kithen....

3 pubs within 200 yars of the front door.... one of which is actually my next door neighbour!!!!!

Co-op next door but 1 open till 10 every night for stocking the fridge with beer and a take away aout 100 yards down the road!!!

Park opposite with slides n swings and a see saw for after hours entertainment!!!!! :D

Local motor factors and Halfords for emergencies within a mile....

Block n takle in place ready to whip the engine out as I've just done mine....

Loads of worktop space and sink in the garage for everyone to help clean.....

Jet wash in the post for cleaning bits, should be here this weekend.....

Wash tank on site but no fluid at present....

Loads of small tools, enough to get an engine out as I've just done mine..... More welcomed....

Access to aeroquip supplier and bundy pipe flaring tool if required.....

Another Esprit on site (i.e. mine) to rape for emergency spares if absolutely neccesary to keep the project going....

Preier Travel Inn 0.9 miles away.....

What I dont have at present....

Heavy tools i.e. compressor and air tools if needed.......

Trolley Jack and Stands........

Large socket set with breaker bars n stuff..... bitch to undo all those over tightened bots with a 3/4 drive ratchet and a set of allen keys!!!!

Fluids for the wash tank

Beer for the fridge........!!!!!!!!!

Enough bedding for half the forum!!!!!!! LOL Although that can be sorted.... just ask Mum...!!!

Whatever else anyone sees fit to bring....

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Simon350S

I,m down in Somerset and i have a bloody big van if anything needs transporting from any where up the M4 corridor or around the M25 down to Abergavenny consider it done. Just let me know what when and where.

I also have a engine hoist with telescopic legs and boom if you want that up there, thats the engine hoist not me.

i can spray ,polish and i am a professsional at eating pizza and drinking beer, just let me know if you need me. Donation on way as soon as my Pay Pal account verification comes through apparenly i have over spent my limit.

Shane

Awesome idea guys - couple of quid on the way. Will we be seeing the outcome at Donny?

Impressed of Bromley!

Some of my funny looking Canadian money should have found its way to you by now Bibs :D

I wish there was more I could do to help,but me being on the other side of the Atlantic rules me out for any physical involvement ATM. Simon is a courageous fellow and it really impresses me that so many of you are willing to go out of your way to help him out.

Looking forwards to seeing the pics of the work being done and the first test drive! :o

To go on BigSi's car when it is done, a plaque should be fitted with the names of the Guy's who made it all happen (Bibs, Kimbers, Troy etc + the LEF beer and sandwich brigade etc) . We can get one made with the LEF logo on it and date stamp it. A bit like a special vin plate.

Been searching on the web and here are a few links

http://www.sign-maker.net/engraved/anodise...inium-signs.htm

http://www.jafengravings.co.uk/aboutus.php

http://www.identitag.co.uk/engneering/Aluminiumlabels.htm (this could be promising)

What do people think?

Alex

Bibs/Kimbers.

Fantastic idea. Really proud to be a member of this Forum. Ian

You know what Bibs?

I feel a non arranged little get together coming on. :D

I know too many cooks spoil the broth but I reckon with 2-3 to work on it and the rest of us taking turns to make coffee (beer) and sarnies (with Beer) that it will get finished quickly.

It also might cheer up the Big man. then come evening we could retire to a small hotel and swap tall stories like "Did you see Troy leap up and down when I dropped my coffee down his neck" and "When do you think Simon will be out of Hospital after that near fatal coming together with a blow torch?" :o

Hey Pinky....

Hope your not planning on killng me with a blow torch.........

Gotta get my pretty little lady sorted once everyone has cleared out of me garage and I can get her back in!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigSi's gotta have some local competition in the old valleys street racing series and I need to get mine finished before Mr Punky as I think he'll be a little hard to beat!!!!!!!!!

Simon

Nice work guys! I can't wait to see the pictures of Si driving his Esprit - maybe the storm troopers could show up at the grand unveiling!

I wish I was across tha pond with you mates. I would love to help out and maybe learn something useful for a change.

I second the notion of taking at least some pics. I was following Bigsi's restoration with great interest, as I will most likely be heading down a similar path. Words are good, but pics are so much better. It would be a shame to lose a pictorial of an Esprit restoration.

There is a show on the Tele in the States where they "steal" someone's car and have Chip Foose come in a restore an old car in a matter of days. They even have actors dressed as police show up and take a statement.

Maybe you guys can contact some shops or even Lotus and have them donate some parts. Humans sometimes surprise.

I say go all out. Give him the works. "New" everyrthing that can be done. Carpet, interior, etc.. Whatever feasible in a short amount of time.

All My Best,

B

Hey Pinky....

Hope your not planning on killng me with a blow torch.........

Gotta get my pretty little lady sorted once everyone has cleared out of me garage and I can get her back in!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigSi's gotta have some local competition in the old valleys street racing series and I need to get mine finished before Mr Punky as I think he'll be a little hard to beat!!!!!!!!!

Simon

Just saw this guys, Splendid Idea! Some US dollars sent but wish I could come down and lend a hand, I'm quite good with tools and love to turn the wrenches!!!! Keep us posted of how this all turns out!

Artie

Edited by Artie

I'm with Art! Not too bad with the wrenches, and can down a pint of ale with the best of them. Just fly us over the big lake for the party and we'd love to meet all of you and lend a helping hand.

Until then, a little cash will have to do. :D Keep us informed as to the progress . . .

Great work Bibs and Kimbers. And Simon, you're the man.

You guys are awesome!

Ed

Crikey!

I've been getting increasingly worried about bigsi and I go offline for a few hours to think about what we could do, then I check in and bibs is way ahead of me with a much bigger plan than I would have dared suggest, and so many have offered support in such a short time. The folks on this forum are really really special.

My donation's on it's way. I'd offer to come and help too, but you seem to have that covered and I'd only get in the way.

@bibs - this thread popped up in my personal assistant's new posts tab. Are you SURE Si can't see this?

Phil