free hit
counters
2. Plan Bigsi! - Page 3 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2. Plan Bigsi!

I heard that "Challenge Anneka" is coming back. This could be her first project or it could be "Challenge Bibs." :D

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Love this - I've also read Si's posts and marvelled at his resolve and spirit.

For those of us who don't use Paypal etc., is there an address we can send a cheque to?

Stu

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Bibs and Kimbers, I'll propose a toast to you guys. You guys should be proud of yourselves, and all forum members who are contributing should be proud of your humanity. Lotus owners rock, and some more Canadian money is coming your way.

It is great that there are so many selfless people in the world!!!.

Find my donation on the way!.

It is great to be able to help a fellow enhusiast!!!!!!

Adam

1999 Lotus Esprit GT3

1985 Reliant Scimitar SS1 1600 though will be an 1800Ti upon completion (Currently in bits all over the garage and has been since 2004)

been off-line for one day, and then this....

A small contrib on its way...whish I could help with crafts but it is a long way..

All the best for success... :D

P.S. THIS IDEA IS TOP NOTCH!

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Nicely Done Boys :D

Any chance of being PM'ed some banking details??? - Paypal ain't working for me for some reason.

Oh - and a postal address as well - got something small I want to send for Si's ride...

Nice work guys! I can't wait to see the pictures of Si driving his Esprit - maybe the storm troopers could show up at the grand unveiling!

Paul, You're a star.

I must be computer illiterate today! How do I send $$ again? when I click on the link it seems to be only e-mail, w/ no connection to Paypal. Plus I havn't been registered w/ paypal in many moons. :P

Thanks for your help in advance.

Lee

I think the youtube video would be the nuts! Although, I'm sure an edit would be necessary! :D

Lee,

Go to Paypal.com set up an account with your details if you already don't have one (it's real handy for any internet purchases/sales so it's well worth it....especially on e-bay). Go to make payment/send money. Insert the e-mail address at the beginning of the post (which is also the account name) make sure there's no <> or " in it and press send money. Done!

To go on BigSi's car when it is done, a plaque should be fitted with the names of the Guy's who made it all happen (Bibs, Kimbers, Troy etc + the LEF beer and sandwich brigade etc) . We can get one made with the LEF logo on it and date stamp it. A bit like a special vin plate.

Like the idea of a "Built in conjunction with LEF" plaque. Not sure about having our names on it as it's Simons car :o

Thanks to everyone who's donated so far and also those offering help. As and when we get a final repair date we will let everyone know whats going on, so if you want to pop down you can. I think it would be very cool, kinda like "Bigsi This is your LEF Life!"

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

We've had an offer of a trailer from Marc P which helps a lot :D

Also, a member has suggested that any additional funds perhaps go to sending his family away for a nice weekend together as of course they have been Si's rock throughout his illness and of course will continue to be. Any surplus after this can go to charity, thoughts?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

We've had an offer of a trailer from Marc P which helps a lot :D

Also, a member has suggested that any additional funds perhaps go to sending his family away for a nice weekend together as of course they have been Si's rock throughout his illness and of course will continue to be. Any surplus after this can go to charity, thoughts?

Dearly wish I was closer, as I would love to get my hands dirty for a good cause (have my own overalls and rigger boots...lol)

Love the idea of a treat for his family too

purza

ps will attempt paypal thingy after checking finances..lol

Is there any address we can send some money to ? 'cause I don't have paypal, neither Visa or what so ever (just never use it :D )

I'll send some Belgian Euro's :o ...

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

Hi - You can post donations directly to me...

Bibs

21 Albert Road

Alexandra Cottages

London

SE20 7JW

Thank you :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Haven't really been following this - my bad.

I knew the chap was under the weather but didn't realise how bad, will sort something out later (at home for a sneaky long lunch atm).

If I'm getting this right you're going to 'steal' his car, fix it and then return it to him working without his knowing ?

A bit like challenge Aneka ? :o

Superb !

I doubt there is, but if there's anything that needs doing lemme know - always happy to help.

I know he was after a crane or something ?

Sounds like a lot of fun, tbh I would be interested in seeing what's going on - isn't it the engine that's sick ?

Perhaps we could POR-15 some of the stuff in there, tart some of the bits up - I'm up for chipping in there, it'll be like Ground Force but on Esprits LOL :D

I got a few days holiday, cant think of a better way to spend it tbh.

Bibs, you can make the Egg + Bacon sandwiches (in which case we'll all be down to help ! haha)

facebook = [email protected]

Fantastic gesture, gang.

You should all be truly proud of yourselves.

Is this hidden area OK to link to from other forums? I can't imagine BigSi will spot it from there!

I'd like to make this plan known to your Elan counterparts on LEC.

PayPal donation to follow...

Lotus Elan Central Administrator

banner.jpg

Donation sent.

I know I don't say much on here but this is truly exceptional.

I'm too far away and too useless mechanically to help but I'll be following progress avidly.

Kudos to organisers and helpers - give yourselves a big pat on the back!

Good Luck.

Ed

I'll donate... gladly.

By the way, this room isn't quite secret, as guests can see it <_<

"It's called a fire hydrant. Firemen like to stick their hose in it, and eventually squirt water from it."

Owner of 86 TE HCI, and 55 Chevy. Stare at broken down TR7

Hi - You can post donations directly to me...

Bibs

21 Albert Road

Alexandra Cottages

London

SE20 7JW

Thank you <_<

What name do you need on cheques matey?

(dont know much about removing engines, but available to stand about and just look sexy...if that would be of any help?) B)

Bibs/Kimbers,

What a decent thing to do.

Bibs can i send you a cheque in the post? I'd like to contribute if i may - don't know the fella but Karma is what this forum is about dude. Who shall i make it out to? I am having issues with PAYPAL!

I'd love to hoon down to the house of Wales and stand around drinking coffee and passing spanners to them that know what to do with them! So keep me posted.

RP B)

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

What name do you need on cheques matey?

(dont know much about removing engines, but available to stand about and just look sexy...if that would be of any help?) B)

Chris,

Bib's secret identity is Mr A Betts <_<

Bibs,

I'll put a donation via a cheque in the post to you not to keen on paypal !!!.

I had a bit of a thought on cheering up Si, what about getting some cars together and driving down to Si's place and taking him and his family out for a leisurely hoon around Wales maybe and stop for lunch somewhere before taking them home again :) . What do you think, just an idea anyway.

Martyn B)

Great idea.

I will post you my small donation by cheque tomorrow

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

My cheque , (as they always say) ... "Is in the Post " !.........

Mike <_<

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Guest Troy Halliday

Well I must say I amy truely heartened by the response from everyone on this forum. We did have a discussion as what to do for the big lad and was thinking of buying him a new pair of shoes but then we realised it would be cheaper to rebuild his car for him instead. <_<

Trying to keep him away from the car is a bit of a mission and I must admit my innitial plan of fixing it up at his house, so that he could help and take his mind of things was for want of a better word a flawed. Simon has as you know now donated the use of his garage, so I will be going up to BigSi's and try and work out a parts list so we can get cracking on it ASAP without it hanging around in Simons garage for months.

Big man has caught wind of something going on but no one is letting on, he can't believe that even his own wife is being as he calls it "sneeky". Add to that his friends from the Nissan 350 club also doing what they can to help him out and he is feeling a bit paranoid. But as I said to him it is only paranoia when you think people are plotting, when they actualy are it's a whole different ball game. :)

So thanks all and I hope to catch up with you all soon.

Troy I wouldn't be totally against the idea of going down to have a look, do you know what's wrong with the car (again I can only appologise for not paying attention). Either which way I seldom pass up any opportunity to observe poeple who know what they're doing but I might be able to lend a skinny hand <_<

I know others have offered their help and 3's a crowd but the offer is there.

facebook = [email protected]