free hit
counters
2. Plan Bigsi! - Page 4 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2. Plan Bigsi!

I have just got back from France and found this thread, so sorry for chipping in late.

I really would like to join in and help with the spannering, but I am too far away and have got too much going on right now <_<

However, I have got a fair few bits removed from my car at the moment which won't be going back on, so if you need anything for the re-build, then give me a shout as I may be able to send it over.

Paypal donation on it's way........

Remember, if you think I may have something you need, PM me.

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Fantastic gesture, gang.

You should all be truly proud of yourselves.

Is this hidden area OK to link to from other forums? I can't imagine BigSi will spot it from there!

I'd like to make this plan known to your Elan counterparts on LEC.

PayPal donation to follow...

Hello Sy and thanks for your donation <_<

So long as you can keep it anonymous and as vague as possible so there's no chance Si will find out that would be a great idea :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

What a Brilliant idea! <_<

I'll chip in with a donation when I get home from work...

I don't know Si - but anything I can do to help just shout...

As to working on the car - is there a plan - and where is it located? I may be up for adding a bit of help if I can with spannering, tea making, beer drinking - just depends on where and when - as well as getting a late pass from higher authority...

Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

Car is currently located in Abbergavenny <- something like that!!!!

Soon to be winging its way to down town Bedwas once the parts are in stock..... By Caerphilly if that helps anyone!!! LOL <_<

Simon

Chunky Lover

I had a bit of a thought on cheering up Si, what about getting some cars together and driving down to Si's place and taking him and his family out for a leisurely hoon around Wales maybe and stop for lunch somewhere before taking them home again <_< . What do you think, just an idea anyway.

Martyn B)

I like this idea Martyn, I am up for hoon and I am only about 120+ miles away

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

I like this idea Martyn, I am up for hoon and I am only about 120+ miles away

second that :) always up for an excuse to go for a long drive - while we still can <_<

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Well done again Bibs & Team.

Small donation sent from OZ. Sorry can't be there in person, if only to watch you all make tea <_<

Good luck to all, especially Si himself.

Cheers

David

Car is currently located in Abbergavenny <- something like that!!!!

Soon to be winging its way to down town Bedwas once the parts are in stock..... By Caerphilly if that helps anyone!!! LOL :)

Simon

Hmmm...

Iain pulls up streetmap...

Well - Bedwas not a million miles from me - West Oxon - so let me know when and I'll consult higher authority and practice my tea making skills <_< B)

PayPal deed done.

Iain

Edited by Iain

"... the Lotus Turbo (Esprit) owner will not only be comfortable in fast company, but will find, more often than not, that he has no company at all!" Road and Track magazine

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' Featured in Classic and Sportscar Aug 2008 and Wheeler Dealers.

1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 221,000 miles and counting!

From Rob C

All my best wishes must go to Bigsi and his family....I know what Pain and Suffering is all about and the family side of it also....at times its worse for them than yourself......its times like right now that the Forum and its members must show Biggs and his family the same generosity they showered on me back in January 2004

...it was just over 3 years ago..that I was knocked over by a Lotus ....so after 3 Operations...my suffering I hope is drawing to an end..and hopefully I will be more active.

I passed many a tear over the 60 letters I received in Hospital...please show Bigsi the same affection..if you love the mark...you love its members. thanks Rob C

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Hi,

Picked this up via the LotusElanCentral forum, will be more than happy to spare a few hours to help out, I live in Pontypridd, just down the road.

Please PM me or email me if I can be of help.... I can run around, make tea, and follow simple instructions.

Small donation on it's way.

Thanks

Ailwyn

Hi,

Picked this up via the LotusElanCentral forum.........

Small donation on it's way.

Thanks

Ailwyn

Likewise, from the LEC site, I was lucky enough to meet a bunch of you guys up at the Aftersales sale at Bristol, and am happy to offer my support to this idea.

I'd like to get involved in the beer & spannerwork, but unfortunately I need to get my own engine re-build completed before Donny (and I've got a broken foot). However, if the project goes on after then, I'm good with a spanner, have access to most tools/equipment needed, and can drink beer!

And I'm only just 'over the bridge' in the homeland of Somerset.

Dave

I had a bit of a thought on cheering up Si, what about getting some cars together and driving down to Si's place and taking him and his family out for a leisurely hoon around Wales maybe and stop for lunch somewhere before taking them home again <_< . What do you think, just an idea anyway.

Martyn B)

Martyn see my post earlier on about making it a gathering.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Troy I wouldn't be totally against the idea of going down to have a look, do you know what's wrong with the car (again I can only appologise for not paying attention). Either which way I seldom pass up any opportunity to observe poeple who know what they're doing but I might be able to lend a skinny hand <_<

I know others have offered their help and 3's a crowd but the offer is there.

Jon I reckon it would be awesome for you to fabricate up some of your brilliant Stainless Steel parts. We could really set the car off nicely!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Martyn see my post earlier on about making it a gathering.

Howard / Dave, Thanks for responding to my earlier post :)

Kimbers,

Yes I did see your earlier post, but I was looking toward something to get his whole family out for the day and some welcome relief from their current problems etc. Both Howard (Esprit350) and Dave (Dodgy) seem to be up for taking Si and Family out for a bit of a drive and lunch. So we've potentialy got three cars, I reckon we really need one more car and preferably someone with local knowledge but obviously the more the merrier I guess :) . Obviously it'll have to fit in with the grand plan of things so let me know your thoughts / plans etc..

Martyn B)

That's a cracking idea as it goes and when they are out we can sneakily steal his car, place some bricks under the tarp and he'll not know it's even gone! :P:) :) :) :) :) Oh, I've just installed some new smilies! :P

Evora NA

just let us know when...

rest of NMEG where are you??

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Howard

Front & Centre!

Been away for a couple of days, just catching up on this thread, count me in, (car back from Matty). Incidentally it didn't come back without incident! Drove out of Matty's got onto the big roundabout and she died on me. 4 Hrs,

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Wotcha folks,

elan owner here from the LEC forum, spotted this and i'm gonna donate too, cant ffer to help with the work(i'm only just getting to grips with how my lil car works) but i know a few quid will come in handy

Good to see this thing go on in todays self centered world

MickMick from www.lotuselancentral.com :)

Do we have a game plan yet as to what parts and work is required to get Simon's slonker G-Car back on the road? Troy, I'm guessing that's down to you?

Is it worth starting a new thread to gather techy and logistics information all in one place and leave this one for more general messages?

just let us know when...

rest of NMEG where are you??

Watching and waiting Skipper :)

Chief Navigator

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007