free hit
counters
2. Plan Bigsi! - Page 6 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2. Plan Bigsi!

Good effort, Troy. :beer:

Take a huge pad of paper with you and let us know what you need.

(Good luck with the predicted monsoon on Monday :beer:)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dont know what monies have been collected or how intense this little jolly is going to be....

But the BigGuy is very keen on getting a Zonda like interior, hence his little pedal project.....

Think there needs to be a comity of some sort to understand exactly what we are taking on and arranging things in advance.... especially trim n stuff like that.... basically all the stuff we cant do.....

Simon

Chunky Lover

the weather for Monmouth on monday aint bad so far.

I do think your going to have your work cut out in convincing Si to let it go. its a passion and a need. its a shame that some parts couldnt be left there - bench work only, so he still feels as if he is doin something constructive but not making him ill. :beer:

this has come at just the wrong time for you Troy, hooning season is starting again (unless your with NMEG, then it never stops)

hope you find some time to fix yours :beer:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

OK as you may have heard my cam belt is split on my S3 so I will not be able to drive it down to Bigsi's. So instead I have nicked my friends Lotus 7 kit car that I built for him and will be flying up there in that on Monday. So if you could all keep your fingers crossed for me for some good weather it would be appreciated. I will be decked out in my finest gortex jacket and trousers and will be wearing my somewhat scruffy crash helmet to keep me a bit warmer but a liitle good weather would be great.

I am basicaly gonna have a good look at it and have a little chat with him. Then I will come to the comclusion that it would be easier if I took it away and did it in my workshop. That covers us for stealing his car and emtying his concervatory of engine parts. He'll proberbly kick up a small fuss saying he wants to help, so I'll counter with something like it will keep his misses happy and make it easier for me to do the work.

That will cover the theft of the vehicle and all parts he may have, Fishy and Bibs can tease him a bit because he knows that we pop round to see each other now and again, and maintain the illusion that I have it in Hertfordshire.

I think if we are going to have a hoon then the delivery day is proberbly best for that way everyone will get to see his shocked face.

We have had some very good offers from PNM and South West Lotus Centre to do what they can on discounts for parts. The guys at Lotus have our backs on any technical questions that may arrise and all you guys have made this all posible with your kind contrabutions.

When we know what we are up against we can sort out the finer details and amass the troops. I read somewhere in the post of an Overhaulin stylie thing going on I suppose we just have to make sure we don't end up with more and American Chopper style screeming match :beer::beer:

Sounds like a better plan - if we can nick it with his blessing he's not going to have a heart attack when he sees it's gone. :beer: That would be ironic.

I don't know what parking's like where he lives, but I'm guessing the neighbours might not appreciate a dozen or more Esprits turning up on their doorstep. Instead, we could do the unveiling by sending just enough cars to pick up Si and the family "to take them out for a drive" and then take them to where the rest are waiting, along with the finished car. We could then all go for a hoon with Si at the wheel.

Phil

More speed, less haste

Sounds like a better plan - if we can nick it with his blessing he's not going to have a heart attack when he sees it's gone. :beer: That would be ironic.

I don't know what parking's like where he lives, but I'm guessing the neighbours might not appreciate a dozen or more Esprits turning up on their doorstep. Instead, we could do the unveiling by sending just enough cars to pick up Si and the family "to take them out for a drive" and then take them to where the rest are waiting, along with the finished car. We could then all go for a hoon with Si at the wheel.

Phil

:beer: Like that idea Phil

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

super idea Phil,

dont want to put a damper on it but has anyone thought/know about the insurance sitution. mot, sorn etc

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Trade plates could help.

Has any one got a set ?

I got tradies.

Dont know what monies have been collected or how intense this little jolly is going to be....

But the BigGuy is very keen on getting a Zonda like interior, hence his little pedal project.....

Think there needs to be a comity of some sort to understand exactly what we are taking on and arranging things in advance.... especially trim n stuff like that.... basically all the stuff we cant do.....

Simon

Depends on what needs doing as to whether we have enough. Any more donations will be gladly accepted. Thanks to all those that have already given freely.

In regards to the interior Jonathan is your man he's a whizz with stainless steel fabrication. I'm sure we can cover the cost of materials.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

As Billy Joel put it, don't go changing to try to please me (shortly before exchanging his wife for Christy Brinkley :popo:) Maybe it's my age but for me, "Howard" will always be associated with Lt. Hunter:

Phil

ahh yes - Hill Street.. wasn't there also a Howard the Duck with super powers... :animier:

It's alive.. alive!!!..

altimeter.gifsai.gif

ahh yes - Hill Street.. wasn't there also a Howard the Duck with super powers... :)

thats me! super powers oh yes, I was actually named after Howard Keel the actor

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

In regards to the interior Jonathan is your man he's a whizz with stainless steel fabrication.

Eh - got the wrong man - I can do stainless stuff but I'm no whizz at it :)

The sheet metal cones and stuff took me a fair while to get right as I had to go away and read up some greek maths thing to get the calculations/measurements right. As I've been saying if you want anything done I need a fair amount of notice as I use work's stuff to do 90% of my prefab - I'll have an attempt at making anything but I'm certainly not a whizz in the respect that I can take a bit of stainless sheet, man handle it like a balloon clown and come up with a giraffe ! I used to work with a few engineering demi-gods...they were the whizzniss.

Materials are next to nothing, I get all my stuff off ebay as there are many shops there who sell off cuts at next to nothing - again it's delivery time though. Idea to product can take 2-3 weeks for me :)

facebook = [email protected]

Yes Thanks......... :) Will give you all an update soon. :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yes Thanks......... :( Will give you all an update soon. :(

How about getting one of those things that they use on Blue Peter that flashes a big light when target is reached! :cry:

The fundraising has been amazing to be honest, we're not far off

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Guest Troy Halliday

Ok guys small update I'll post in depth later but as you can imagine I am having to read threw the parts manuals and look for all the numbers and try and look through the pics that I took plus all the pics that Bigsi has taken and try to build a list of to do's.

Well I took my life in my hands and drove up to the land of the giants (no realy Si is about 6'7" and his brother in law makes him look small, I spent a worry half hour fearing that I may get squashed under there big feet :cry: ) I drove down there in my friends 7 and the weather was great until I crossed the bridge and then the heavens open in a traditional WELCOME TO WALES kind of way. By the time I arrived the inside of the 7 had about an inch of rain water sloshing about and I was well and truely soaked. I was welcomed by the big guy and his lovely wife Kelly and their smilling bundle of joy Cameron and plyed with a massive cup of hot coffee. A few mins after arrivin Simon 350 called and said he was passing and would pop round so when he arrived we had a look over the car and got as much info out of the big guy as we could. We now know exactly what he would like to do to the interior and I have a several ideas on exactly how all of that could be done. Simon 350 got home and went straigh to work finding prices and suppliers on carbon sheeting and a few other bits.

Here is the long and short of it. Basicaly our primery goal will be to get the engine running and installed which means all new inlet gaskets, Head Gaskets (which we already have), a new/second hand waistgate adapter (as Si's has a crack in it), a Thermostat C910E6433F, Coolent connector pipe A082k4112F, header tank A082K4121F (see note below on this though*), Braided Clutch Hose (red pipe replacement), Engine mounts, Fan Thermo Swith (otter), New coolent pipes where needed, Various nuts bolts and hose clamps in stainless, Complete bush set front and back, Ball joint track rod ends, Brake pads front and back, cam belt, cam belt tentioner kit (early type) plus more to follow.

Ok so this is a partial list here is some of the work that needs to be carried out. :(

Remove engine block and gearbox

Strip rear suspension, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit with new bushes, nuts and bolts

Strip front suspension, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted), paint and refit with new bushes, nuts and bolts **

Strip engine bay, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted), and paint

Engine and Box, clean (jet washed, degreased), prime paint

Clean engine surround and recover aluminium foil to engine bay and repaint black

Refit Pulserts to engine bay side walls, boot floor, valence ect. (Si has these already)

Strip gear linkage, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit with new bushes, nuts and bolts

Strip rear brake calipers, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit with new pads, and replace fluids

Strip drive shafts, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit

Clean wires to engine bay, heat shrink and fit new terminals

Replace gas rods to tailgate

Manifold and exhuast, clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit with new gaskets , nuts and bolts

Replace Waistgate adapter,clean (jet washed, degreased, spot blasted) , paint and refit with new gaskets

Replace Vbelts

Fix one Dellorto as the float tower leg is snapped of, Si has got details of someone offering this as a service

Inspect lower end of engine (main bearings, big ends, rings ect) refit where needed and fit new gaskets.

Assemble engine, set timming

Refit all component (suspension, brakes, engine, gearbox, exhuast, ect)

Ok now I am sure I have missed quite a few things here but I did say this was the quick list. I am not talking short days here This is going to be a lot of hard work a lot of swearing and a fair bit of last minute ordering of parts.

If at the end of this al we have Money remaining then we have a few plans for the interior. Which involve strippinh it all out, replaceing the carpets, Spraying the leather, possibly retrimming the centre consel in Carbon embodsed leather. Fitting a new roof lining, and Cant rails in a a diamond quilted red cloth, covering the inner sills in Carbon fibre, retrimming his Elise seats in Carbon embossed leather and cream/caramel diamond quilted leather through the centre. There is more details on all that but just think Zonda interior for now. There is also a few body parts that could do with a touch up for now.

I hope that gives you all a rough idea of the sort of work that is invloved here and when I said there will not be much time for drinknig and partying I wasn't joking. But at the end I intend to get so drunk I won't remmeber my own name for at least a week :(

Times that list by 2 and you've got my to-do list!!!!

Not had chance to measure that carbon stuff, but your home now so have got them yourself now...

Thought about the cardonised leather.... couldnt find a supplier on the web, got the manufacturer though....

Lotus use this stuff alot these days.... Maybe worth a call to Mel Broome (Or get Kimbers to ask his dad.... :( ) to see if they can spare a few of metres, shouldn't need much.........!!! :(

They may even be willing to do a deal on doing them themselves.... I'm sending mine to them so may be able to get the price cheaper job lot???

Steering wheel sounds like a LOT of work!!!! :cry: Maybe leave that one to him!!! LOL

As far as clutch hoses, brake lines, fuel hoses I've got all that covered locally.... A mate of mine does it for a living and said he'll supply it all.... not sure on prices though...

Simon

Chunky Lover

Once the full list is togeather of bits needed and tools required we could do with starting a new thread and then as parts are collected, donated, bought, we can tick them off the list so we know where we stand....

Could do a shout out and leave it open for volantary donations, 2nd hand stuff for a few days, and then order all the bits....

With all the shot blasting required were gonna need a shot blast cabinet & compressor or I'll find a local firm who can do it.... and I'll need to find a powder coating place if were gonna go down that route.....

Got a thermostat.... the one off mine looks in good nick and I've got a new one (different type) with the cooling kit I bought.....

Simon

p.s. how was the journey home???

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover