free hit
counters
2. Plan Bigsi! - Page 7 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

2. Plan Bigsi!

Thanks very much for the information, very much appreciated.

I am quite a dab hand with a jet washer and cleaning.

Quite happy to collect parts around Reading and take down to where required on a Friday, just let us know.

Feel we may be a bit short of a few pounds to complete the list above, but time will tell.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Same here, just give me a bit of space and some dirty parts and I'll get cleaning.

Or any thing else you need me to do. :(

Troy, Make up a full list of the stuff we can't get for free and I will go visit Neil at Lotus and see what I can skank.....and get cheap.

Now this makes sense why Si never got back to me about the parts I had for sale! Hope the guy makes a speedy recovery! This is what the community is all about, helping one another, it's great to see everyone working together to sort this out! ;)

I'd love to offer my esprit parts for free, but to be honest I'm in serious financial problems at the mo to the extent where my esprit may have to go at some point, I'm hanging on to it with the skin of my teeth, just wish it would work for more than five mins!!!

I basically have the remains of a white esprit s3 turbo minus the engine and some interior parts, so even though I can't give away the parts, they will be cheap, need cleaning etc, and there is a lot. I haven't been able to get hold of si lately, but I still have the wastegate adapter he was after.

Cheers.

hi ppl sounds like this is going to plan, just been readin through, to add to this amazing car rebuild for si,

you may now HOPEFULLY see him on top gear this coming week, as a little wheeling and dealing has been

done and his is off to the filming on wednesday fingers crossed health permitting. thankyou from myself

to the person that made it possible. si came on msn yesterday and he is over the moon about it and he also

said "i swear ppl are keeping things from me, i dont know what to think, my heads in a mess"

hi ppl sounds like this is going to plan, just been readin through, to add to this amazing car rebuild for si,

you may now HOPEFULLY see him on top gear this coming week, as a little wheeling and dealing has been

done and his is off to the filming on wednesday fingers crossed health permitting. thankyou from myself

to the person that made it possible. si came on msn yesterday and he is over the moon about it and he also

said "i swear ppl are keeping things from me, i dont know what to think, my heads in a mess"

Just seen this and noticed I've been communicating with SImon ref a really trivial matter, which puts it into perspective. Excellent idea. I'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard with spanners so just a donation is all I can contribute!

Mark

Guest Troy Halliday

Whats a good price on a Turbo wastegate adapter I have found one but it seems way to expensive to me. Or if anyone has one laying around please let me know please.

Neil Had one at

Tony, I think Troy meens the wastegate adaptor num6 on drawing( the casting to which the wastegate assy ataches ) part num E910E1389f.

this wasn't in the sale , only the wastegate itself which was

The parts list should be with me today so progress is being made.

In other news, a big thank you needs to go to our friends at the Lotus Factory. As we know, Brian Angus has worked extensively on bringing us new springs and dampers for the Esprit. They need an Esprit Turbo to test these out on and have identified Simon's car as a good candidate. They are therefore donating a full and brand new set of Bilstein Dampers and Eibach Springs for his car. Thank you Brian and thank you Lotus Cars :rolleyes:

That's an incredibly generous offer from Brian/Lotus. Have to say that my respect for, and bond with, this community and Lotus just gets stronger every day :rolleyes:

James

In other news, a big thank you needs to go to our friends at the Lotus Factory. As we know, Brian Angus has worked extensively on bringing us new springs and dampers for the Esprit. They need an Esprit Turbo to test these out on and have identified Simon's car as a good candidate. They are therefore donating a full and brand new set of Bilstein Dampers and Eibach Springs for his car. Thank you Brian and thank you Lotus Cars :)

Wow - that's an impressive donation - brings a whole new meaning to "ride and handling by Lotus" :rolleyes:

The parts list should be with me today so progress is being made.

In other news, a big thank you needs to go to our friends at the Lotus Factory. As we know, Brian Angus has worked extensively on bringing us new springs and dampers for the Esprit. They need an Esprit Turbo to test these out on and have identified Simon's car as a good candidate. They are therefore donating a full and brand new set of Bilstein Dampers and Eibach Springs for his car. Thank you Brian and thank you Lotus Cars :)

Hear, hear.

Lotus continue to amaze me with the depth of support they give to the Esprit owners' community. The amount of effort they've spent on the springs & dampers program, their research into getting the polybushes just right and their ongoing research in the replacement tyre programme to name but three. All go beyond what we could reasonably expect from a manufacturer of a discontinued model and are greatly appreciated, but this latest and very generous offering is personal and all the more to be applauded. :):rolleyes:

It underlines the fact that when I bought my Esprit, I didn't just buy a car, I joined a family.

Phil

Here we go! Anyone who can help with any of these parts, please let me know. I've sent it off to Lotus and then will work with other suppliers to get everything we need :thumbsup:

Bigsi_Parts_list.xls

Cool Dude.....

Well done Troy hard works over now, all we gotta do is fit the stuff..... easy peasy, with a little help from our friends....

Stella, heineken, fosters etc.....

Simon

p.s. any chance of doubling the number of items required.... then we can do my car at the same time!!!! :thumbsup:

Is there any way of having this list pinned up somewhere and the items ticked off as they are aquired??

Stick it on a notice notice board and hang a highlighter off a piece of electronic string so we know where we are...!!!

Just to start things off.....

Header Tank A082K4121F 1

Got this one covered...!!!!!

Purchased in the sale, not needed now so was going to sell on..... Happily donated to the cause....!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Simon

p.s. Got the last week of March and first week of April book as annual leave from work... Not going anywhere so would be a great time to get it done!!!!! Parts dependant obviously......!!!!!!

Edited by Simon350S

Got some new ones of these in stock

Rubber Mounting, Rack Assembly A007H4103Z

Rubber Mounting, Rack Assembly A007H4106Z

...so will add these to the box of pistons and drop them off with you Bibs on Saurday (along with wheels for Johnathon and a couple of bottles of wine which the doctor told me today that I shouldn't be drinking so much of...)

See you Saturday!

Malc

Just checking... are the gaskets you've listed HC gaskets? I assume they'd need to be if you're fitting Malc's pistons. SJ's price list shows different sets for HC and standard compression, but none are the same part numbers.

Guest Troy Halliday

We do have a balancing act to do with what we can do with the money we have. So this is just a basic list so that we can jugle funds about. Starting this way we can get a price list from the fine people at Lotus and cut our cloth to suit. Anyone who has done som major work on their car knows money doesn't go that far when you start to dig deep into the engine bay. On the plus side with the suspension we should be able toknock of a few of the bushes as they will hopefuly be comming with the kit. We can already knock of a header tank (thanks Simon 350). We will also need your basic degreasers and chasis paints. Not listed are things like Oil, spark plugs, leads, ect.

If we go the HC piston route we are talking all new bottem end gaskets, main bearings, big ends, little ends, thrust washers, rings ect. As I said it is a balancing act and we will do our best to give the big man as much as we can from the wonderful donations from all of you and the Studs and Godesses from Lotus.

Oh and ona side note I know owe my friend Mick a set of seats as the terential rain of Wales has completed saturated the seats in his 7. Don't worry though as I have collected all the water in several gallon bottles and will bring it back with me next time I visit Wales :thumbsup:

I've got a thermostat (new unused) number 39 on the list. I'll bring it with me at the weekend.

Thanks very much for that Graham :shock:

The list is now with Lotus Cars who have also offered a pair of personalised, embroidered mats with Si and Kelly's names on, what a lovely touch :shock:

sorry cant help with the parts, but I am only a half hour (in the Esprit) drive from demon tweeks so would be happy to fund

Thanks very much for that Graham :wallbash:

The list is now with Lotus Cars who have also offered a pair of personalised, embroidered mats with Si and Kelly's names on, what a lovely touch :whistle:

Bibs,

Are the front brakes on BigSi's car TMC? I've got a set of almost new(about 500 miles) EBC red pads for my 89 Turbo that I installed but ended up replacing the brakes with a Lotus Prepared by Claudius Wilwood kit. I would be willing to send these to you guys for your usage as I have no need for them now, if they will work.

Artie