free hit
counters
Interior Esprit pics wanted - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chillidoggy

Interior Esprit pics wanted

That is a very nice place to be.  You've got to love the magnolia interior.  Credit to you Steve - 20 year old car !

• Like 1

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ian,

you are correct that the binnacle is a dark grey along with the dash pad in front of the windscreen.

My red S4s came from the factory with magnolia leather door cards and centre console, but the seats were the rare option of light weight racing seats with the bolsters in magnolia leather and the centre section in magnolia alcantara, with the binnacle in dark grey. It also came with red carpets.

In my opinion its the best colour combination and especially the seats.

Go to lotusespritworld.com and car models and under S4s there's a photo of the interior your looking for, the below picture from this website is the same as my interior except for d carpets

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Esprit_S4S_interior_02.jpg

Thanks Dave. From what photos I have managed to find, it looked like the dash behind the windscreen and the binnacle weren't black, rather the same colour as my own car's battleship-grey interior. That's a bonus, something else that wouldn't need replacing, maybe a bit of tarting up would suffice.

Interesting you mention Alcantara, the guy I spoke to about the retrim said it was good stuff, but more expensive than leather. It occurs to me that it would stop some of the annoying squeaks between leather seats and the console!

I wonder if there was a tick-box factory option list for interiors?

Margate Exotics.

I shall continue the quest in that case. I could of course re-colour the dash to black from grey if necessary, so all options are open. No doubt there will be some S4s/V8 banana-binnacle cars at Brands I can have a look at, too.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

12 hours ago, mike_sekinger said:

That is a very nice place to be.  You've got to love the magnolia interior.  Credit to you Steve - 20 year old car !

Thanks Mike, yes it's a lovely place to be, and is getting better now that it's being used regularly. The leather has softened up, most of the speaks and rattles seem to have disappeared, ride and handling have improved. Just goes to show that locking them away and not using them doesn't do them any good!

The only problem with the Alcantara is that it marks too easily, and can start to look very grubby. I'll be getting my seats re trimmed fully in leather and the centre section will be ribbed / quilted. Was thinking about getting the binnacle covered in magnolia leather or even getting it covered in real carbon fibre.

• Like 1

I did wonder about Alcantara getting grubby. Reminds me of the "How d'you get tomato ketchup outta suede" thing, so I'm sticking with leather, and I'll put up with the squeaks.

Dave, don't cover the binnacle in any light-coloured material, the reflections on the windscreen will be dreadful. That's the reason why the magnolia leather doesn't extend to the front of the dash. It really needs to be black or dark grey.

Margate Exotics.

Sorry for the up Ian, but I was wondering where you sourced the alcantara centre of the doors cards? Or maybe you made it all leather? (I suppose they weren't magnolia-ish before you retrimmed them?)

edit: apparently your doors cards were all raven indeed:

Edited by Giniw

Yes, the door cards were originally all raven leather on my car, no alacantara anywhere.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Interesting, I thought the centre of the door cards in leather was because of owners modification.

So I gather you replaced it with leather as well? (magnolia obviously)

Edited by Giniw

1 hour ago, Giniw said:

Interesting, I thought the centre of the door cards in leather was because of owners modification.

So I gather you replaced it with leather as well? (magnolia obviously)

Correct.

I don’t recall having seen any S4s with alacantara inserts in the door cards, only the leather.

Margate Exotics.

Starlight Black over magnolia. Seats retrimmed a few years ago in the 25th Anniversary style by Allon Whyte. Rest of interior original, 2001. Centre tunnel, doors etc still look really good and the seats are an almost perfect match.

IMAG0323_zps65618918.jpg

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I don’t recall having seen any S4s with alacantara inserts in the door cards, only the leather.

Really?!

I thought the trend was the other way round!

Here on the photo from the brochure it looks like mine (ie the centre in alcantara—or whatever fabric it really is. The picture is small but one can tell the colour difference between the centre and the periphery of the doorcard and it looks just like mine)

5798546f70c26_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Esprit_S4S_interior_02.jpg.991e1a83b17a29410a0627af13b92b44[1].jpg

@hedgerley > Did you find the matching colour of the new hide easily?
This is quite a nice interior anyway! (even if I probably prefer the old style dashboard! ^^)

Edited by Giniw

6 hours ago, Giniw said:

Really?!

I thought the trend was the other way round!

Here on the photo from the brochure it looks like mine (ie the centre in alcantara—or whatever fabric it really is. The picture is small but one can tell the colour difference between the centre and the periphery of the doorcard and it looks just like mine)

5798546f70c26_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Esprit_S4S_interior_02.jpg.991e1a83b17a29410a0627af13b92b44[1].jpg

@hedgerley > Did you find the matching colour of the new hide easily?
This is quite a nice interior anyway! (even if I probably prefer the old style dashboard! ^^)

Yes, really!

I’ve seen quite a few late model Esprits now and never seen one with alacantara inserts in the door cards. That is not to say that they don’t exist, just that I’ve never seen any.

You have an S4s, does your car have them?

Margate Exotics.

Are we sure this is an original factory brochure photo? 

Definitely alcantara (or similar) on the seat shells and center of the door cards, but I haven't seen another like this either.

@GiniwDo you have the same bucket sports seats?

I'm pretty sure that photo comes from the Lotus brochure advertising the S4s. It's here on LEW http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/S4s.html

I have a feeling the buyer had the choice of sports or luxury interior, hence the difference.

Margate Exotics.

7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

You have an S4s, does your car have them?

Yes mine has the centre of the door cards in alcantara.

4 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Are we sure this is an original factory brochure photo? 

Yes, I borrowed the photo from the Internet but I actually have the actual brochure.

4 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Do you have the same bucket sports seats?

Unfortunately (?) no, I have the comfort seats. But I can't be sure it left the factory like that.

4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I have a feeling the buyer had the choice of sports or luxury interior, hence the difference.

Actually you are most probably right, as on the photo of the luxury interior on the same brochure the centre looks the same colour as the leather http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EModels/S4s.html

Edited by Giniw