free hit
counters
Whose S1 is this? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Whose S1 is this?

Paul Coleman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen the S2 on pistonheads? i wish i knew how to add a link, but anyway its the same one the Scott walker sold twice about 5 years ago, I think the first time it sold for about 10 grand and the it was up for 16k and now its up for £27,995! it also appeared on youtube. Maybe someone can add the link? 

So where do we think the prices for the S1, S2, S2.2 and S3 are now?? 

Yes I remember that car S2 being for sale for £10k and it took forever to sell it (literally years) and it looked like a nice car. As mentioned prices are through the roof on S1s now which is why I'm thinking of selling mine but right now there are a couple for sale. there could be a very loud BANG coming in the classic car market. Over the last 10 years prices have gone up by 450% according to a programme I saw on t.v. the other week and what goes up... 

• Like 1

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

That S2 is the same dealer I got mine from, although mine was considerably cheaper I must add.

Condition seems similar although that one looks slightly better. Not a fan of the leather re-trim and the speakers are nasty. Mine's more original.

This was the ad' for mine:
http://www.uksportscars.com/view/lotus-esprit-s2-1979-superb-example-in-very-original-form-inside-and-out/

He was asking £14,999 for mine back in January 2014 so that gives a reasonable indication as to the price increase in 2.5 years.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It'll continue while borrowing remains cheap and savings generate fook all.

That's exactly it - the whole set of circumstances behind the bubble in the late 1980s is completely different.

it might slow a bit - but I can't see it changing anytime soon frankly. If your sat on some money you might as well spend it on something rather than keep it in the bank.

It's however noticeable that auction sales are having more not sold - so it's cooling gently

• Like 1

Only here once

There is no sign of any bang, I sold my Elan +2 and Europa TC two weeks ago, I could have sold them 10 times over, there is plenty of interested in Lotus cars. I also have a full restoration order book for the next 5 years and I'm not cheap.

Cars do sometimes take a while to sell, that's just a fact and nothing to get panicked about. They will sell. In a few years we will look back and comment on how inexpensive they were..............

Matt

• Like 1

Let me know If you have a S1 esprit for sale 🙂