Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elan M100 rescue - Page 2 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elan M100 rescue

johnpwalsh

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

John hats off to you sir. That looks lovely. I drove one of them years ago, as my neighbour had one I am pretty sure I had a 205 GTi at the time and i couldn't believe how well it handled. they have got to start being worth decent money soon. 

Well done John, great post, great job = GREAT Car! 

Another M100 saved to see many more years on the road, now is the time to buy as some bargains still around.

Keep an eye on the hidden chassis corrosion and protect early.

I am still an Esprit man at heart but always come back to the Elan as such a super little fun car for the summer with excellent reliability and handling. The only Lotus my wife has felt comfortable driving in.

Yours looks great and very original now painted, the shower caps are also excellent for winter use if parked and very quick to put on, we never leave without it in the boot!

keep up the good work

Dave ?

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Cheer's Dave. I can agree with every comment you have made. Mrs W also has an M100 in a mildly tuned state and she just wont part with it. One of the reason's I took this one on as I also love driving her one. She also has a shower cap but I find it marks the paint. As for Esprit's, you just cant beat them, I have had three to date and hate the fact I sold my last one. As for under body corrosion. I got the chance of a ramp last week so everything was wire brushed, cleaned and coated in under body compound with all the other parts given the same cleaning process and a good coat of chassis Black so will be good for a good while now.

I will have to sell her soon as I just have to many on the go  but at least her next owner will have the knowledge that everything has been done that needs done,  and I have learned a bit about white man's magic as in electronic systems and injectors.

Anyone interested in a two owner, low mileage (41240) Elan M100 with full service history, and a good clean roof, nice paint, new oil, filter, tires, brakes, injector's, plug's, leads etc, etc, at a fair price.

When I spoke to SW Lotus center the other week about some part's, James offered me 5k without seeing her so that gives a fair indication as I would rather she go to another Lotus fan than a dealer to make big buck's as happened with my stunning S3 recently. 24 hrs after being sold she appeared on a website at 25k, pretty near double what I got for her, fair doo's for a dealer to make money but he told me she was going into a collection so I let her go at a lower price thinking she was going to be preserved.

• Like 1

James has an eye for a good car so sounds like a great buy for someone, the green really suits the M100 as well.

I have been doing the preservation of mine for weeks now before pumping Dynax S-50 into every cavity to preserve it for life, not cheap but coming together nicely now.

Shame about the Esprit as it was a fantastic car and not easy to replace, I want another Turbo but the market is just going mad at the moment, I want to keep my Elan though as it really is a superb example with a great story/life behind it. I must let my Red S2 M100 go sometime soon though as have a 1960 mini to finish so space will be required.

What else are you working on at the moment John?

Good luck with the sale, I have a feeling you won't own it long as certain they will rise in value soon. The biggest difference I notice these days is you just don't see them on the road that often anymore compared to 10 years ago when I had my first Elan.

Dave ?

• Gold FFM

Currently restoring an Excel which was another barn find. 9 years in a shed. Brakes all but done. Electrical gremlins sorted and all working. Clutch master and slave cylinders replaced. I also have a further two Excels tucked away so really need to move something on and Mrs W will not part with her Blue baby M100. Hard enough me getting to drive it now and again.. All my resto's have come out of a standard sized garage at home, so most work get's done on the drive to the joy of our neighbor's. The usual comments are, Ah well another to the collection then, or when u getting rid of that pile of sh+te. Bearing in mind I have also been building my motor home, have my daily hack and sometimes a visiting Lotus. Four car's taxed and legally on the road so I take a bit of parking space.

• Like 2

?! 

I will show this to my neighbours as you are worse than me...

The most I have owned was 3 Esprit's together all in White being Ken's S1, a S3 which I put a front end on and a Stevens Turbo. I thought they looked like heaven parked together where my neighbour said they looked like three ugly boats and to grow up! My wife said they looked like wedges of cheese and me.....well I just did'nt give a s#%t! ?

Still great to know you are still busy saving more Lotus cars and no doubt will take on more poorly cases because it is in the blood!

Keep up the great work.

Dave ( I owned a 89 SE Excel when I met the wife and she liked that or at least she said she did! ?)

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I will show this to my neighbours as you are worse than me...

The most I have owned was 3 Esprit's together all in White being Ken's S1, a S3 which I put a front end on and a Stevens Turbo. I thought they looked like heaven parked together where my neighbour said they looked like three ugly boats and to grow up! My wife said they looked like wedges of cheese and me.....well I just did'nt give a s#%t! ?

No point you being unhappy as well chap :lol:

Im sure you get to a certain age and the give a f@ck fairy just gets sent away

• Haha 1

Only here once