free hit
counters
P0606 fault code - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

P0606 fault code

At Donington last Monday my 2-Eleven engine light came on along with a momentary misfire so I came back into the pits to let everything cool down. After lunch break the car had cooled and the engine light had gone out. I went out on track again and after about 10 laps it happened again. My engine stalled at the end of the straight. Again I nursed it back into the pits but It seemed to be running fine all of a sudden. I let it cool down again for a while and tried again. This time the car ran fine for the rest of the day although I was limiting my runs to no more than 20 minutes at a time. 

I've plugged in my code reader today and my ECU has logged a code P0606 which apparently is to do with the integrity of the ECU calibration. My car is running a 270 ECU calibration. And has been faultless up to now.

I've been looking online and a Toyota thread mentions a P0606 code is sometimes caused by a faulty O2 sensor.......this could explain my apparent heat related engine light as if the O2 sensor was getting too hot. It's the original sensor from 2008 so has seen a fair bit of track work in its time. 

Anyone had a similar code and diagnosed a faulty O2 sensor?

cheers

Adam

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic