free hit
counters
Evora 400 - Creaking drivers seat - how many waiting for fix ?? - Page 10 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DJW

Evora 400 - Creaking drivers seat - how many waiting for fix ??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm planning to get the seat frames replaced at the 9k dealer service in a couple of months time. Funnily the seats don't seem to be creaking so much recently. (That could just be a case of becoming conditioned to the noise and blocking it out).

Mine was fixed. Leather continue to coming out from their location and I have car stopped from 3 month so I don't know  if rattle was solved. I will let you know. 

My understanding was Silverstone had completed all their customer fixes a few months back, so would be surprised if anyone else was still waiting 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

New hedgehog and seat(s?) fixed. Driver's seat 99% quiet, tiny squeak over bumps. Have done about 200 miles since new frame. 

@blindside you may find the seat quieter when all the leather has fallen out of the back. Very untidy, but does seem to quieten the noise a little. There's four or five different noises the damn things can make.

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

30 minutes ago, mcx said:

New hedgehog and seat(s?) fixed. Driver's seat 99% quiet, tiny squeak over bumps. Have done about 200 miles since new frame. 

As you change hedgehog, do you have some noise (whistle) coming from air conditioning system? I have a whistle coming from the air conditioning when is set more than 60% fan speed on hot. The inspector told me that all car suffer it in some way. Do you have that?

I just want to collect issues on that to try push lotus on make something (like a service bulletin on seats) to solve problem. 

Please help each other for a good reason ?

Thanks a lot Mcx! 

Why they told me that everyone have this problem if anyone in forum complain about that? WTF. 

Really day by day I'm more disappointed and shocked about them and their f#cking approach.  Probably they thought that there isn't no communication between different 400 owners. 

I'm planning to get the seat frames replaced at the 9k dealer service in a months  time. Funnily the seats don't seem to be creaking so much recently. To be fare if there had not been all the talk on the forum don't think I would have bothered.

I'm finding it easier to halve my body weight rather than get any assistance or genuine advice from Lotus main dealer!

Change dealers and feedback to Lotus HQ your reasons why. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

3 hours ago, Big Ed said:

I'm finding it easier to halve my body weight rather than get any assistance or genuine advice from Lotus main dealer!

You are going to the wrong dealer, I've had nothing but clear & honest feedback from my dealer and excellent support.

Tris...

• Like 1

Took the drivers seat out today to see if there was anyway of lowering the seat further. Started a different thread for that , but thought I would share photo of underside of seat with revised seat frame, where you can see the 2 lateral bars vs the single one on original seats. This has provided the extra rigidity to seat base that stops the creaking 

IMG_6057.JPG

Must chase @[email protected] to make sure my seat frames are ordered in.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Heavy old beast these seats. No wonder the 410 went with lightweight buckets to make some decent savings

Yeh @mcx did weigh his I think?

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats

The Recaros were even heavier! Sparcos is save something like 3kg each from memory.

This weekend I joined the creaky seat club.  Had a feel around under the seat to find that I already have the rear brace bar, so not sure what is causing this.

As I was investigating the creak, I pulled the drivers side back release to find it come away in my hand.  Guess I'll be making use of that warranty :rolleyes:

Had my two done at first service too. No issues.

😞  Squeaky seat has returned after a fix 11,000 miles ago.  Warranty will sort it (I hope)

Edited by Peegee355