free hit
counters
Evora 400 - Creaking drivers seat - how many waiting for fix ?? - Page 6 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 - Creaking drivers seat - how many waiting for fix ??

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, DJW said:

Happy to say my drivers seat no longer creaks :)

Replacement runners and I assume associated sub frame were fitted today by Silverstone and not a creak the whole 55 mile journey home.   Cant tell you how nice it was !!

Give it time -  I had mine "fixed" several times and each time it worked for a few days until a spirited drive and it came back.

I'm hoping it's fixed of course

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I was told the runner sub frame is a new design, to fix this problem, but time will tell. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Apparently the TSB has "landed" today. Awaiting call from dealer once hey have digested it. :)

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Probably but my wife's seat is beginning to creak as well and she's pretty small (but I've still been banned from stating her weight on here!) :ouch:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

14 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Does it depend how rotund you are :sofa:

What are you saying 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

We'll both seats are faulty, so hard to argue only doing one.  That said I believe there are limited kits at the moment so driver seats are being prioritised.  Doing charity rides at NEC Classic in November so hope to get my passenger seat sorted before then, to stop the embarrassment of the creaks.

• Gold FFM

FWIW my understanding is the seat fix predominantly covers creaks coming from the base of the seat - some people are reporting great success, others not so much. YMMV.

It appears driver weight has sod all to do with it, other than perhaps making symptoms manifest sooner rather than later.

James Martin (JayEmm)

@JayEmm I thought the fix had only just been released, so who has had the fix and then still had problems ?

• Gold FFM

I don't have much official to go on, the dealers I have chatted to have said it seems to be working for most customers. That would imply not all. The Base is getting a big change in the service so if that's your creak, it should be sorted. I believe that's the source of most people's woe.

My creak is from the rear panels moving, those are only partly changed. My car had the TSB applied and stills makes noises - not a creak though, it's a squeak now :D

I'd definitely advise anyone who has the upgrade to find their favourite roads and enjoy themselves -  mine seemed silent after one fix but after a spirited drive or two it reappeared. I'm glad it is being sorted for people at last in any case

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

It'll get worse until it gets fixed! Bizarrely the cars I drove with noises always preferred one direction or another. Mine was always right handers.

James Martin (JayEmm)

One random thought as I'm passing through, have you checked the area where the seat material folds back in under a hard lip and goes into place?  Along the edge of the shell?  Recaro CS are notorious (coming from Focus RS with the issue) for the material to pop out and the creaking you hear is it rubbing on the shell hard lip as the weight is transeferred.  This is amplified if you're heavyset as it pulls on it harder - reseating it is the solution. 

As for the "first fix" isn't that the norm? Three fixes and my window still impacts and chews on the seal.

• Gold FFM

@Hedgehogfromhell part of the new design involves a lot of fabric to sort the plastic on leather contact, it was certainly a part of my problem.

Unfortunately the rear "kidneys" on my seat have very poor fitment (newer cars I have seen appear to be better) and they are flexing / moving and making a noise even under moderate load. 

James Martin (JayEmm)

To be honest as previously mentioned this has always been the same with Recaro CS.. my RS had to go to ford to get the kidneys reseated (pun not intended). On track the noise reappeared - until the exhaust droned it out... maybe that's why the 400 is so loud?? :lol:

i too am not a great fan of the leather interior. A mix of suedetex and leather would have been nice, but if/when I buy again I'll be going full suedetex. 

• Gold FFM

^^^As per Neal's experience, I had initially been told it was a "leather" issue, so I guessed alcantara cars might be immune, or at least less prone. Wrong. In fact, the creakiest/noisiest 400 I went out in was equipped with alcantara seats.

James Martin (JayEmm)

I've been in contact with my dealer that told me that the driver and passenger fix appeared 2 weeks ago as a service bulletin for my vin. He tried to order it, but there is a waiting list of 38 pieces before my order and there is no delivery date planned in the order form.

So how it'spossible that someone already tried the fix seats if no delivery date as planned from lotus? Maybe some special relationship lotus dealer that test some unofficial fix? Any thought on that? 

Best

Alfonso 

• Gold FFM

@Alfo86 Apparently there is a "slight wait" for the service bulletin parts, although hopefully for you not a long one.

@Big Ed There is a service bulletin out which *should* fix the seats, it has fixed most of them. Really they should have applied it before handing over your vehicle, but there appears to be limited availability on these parts.

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)