free hit
counters
Lightweight exhaust & for track? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lightweight exhaust & for track?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the approach of the quicksilver but when I see the tips without the "noise deflector" ends I can't help but think of this:

received_10155151404594832.mp4

I can confirm 2bular track with stainless add on silencers in my experience were 99db. Not sure if Jim still makes them like but worth a shout. Plus without the add ons it sounds absolutely fantastic.

Posted Images

I am now looking to buy a set of exhaust too.

Do you guys think Komo-Tec is best for track use? I assumed it was developed on track, should be good for track use then?

I haven't heard any aftermarket Exige V6 exhaust ever, not sure which sounds best.

I really like 2Bular, but worry 'Road' will be too loud for track use, and track will be too quiet (compare to Komo-Tec with valve open)...

Anyone heard both 2Bular and Komo-Tec in real life?

20 hours ago, Edison Ngu said:

I am now looking to buy a set of exhaust too.

Do you guys think Komo-Tec is best for track use? I assumed it was developed on track, should be good for track use then?

I haven't heard any aftermarket Exige V6 exhaust ever, not sure which sounds best.

I really like 2Bular, but worry 'Road' will be too loud for track use, and track will be too quiet (compare to Komo-Tec with valve open)...

Anyone heard both 2Bular and Komo-Tec in real life?

The 2bular track is not quiet!  Without the add on silencers there are very few track in the country you will get on. There are videos on YouTube which indicate lower readings but my track system on my car was 107db at 4800 revs without add-ons (carbon tips) and 98/99 db with stainless add-ons. Others have had lower readings but that's what mine was. I absolutely love it. I have had so many positive comments. 

I will also point out I used two different sound meters and I calibrated both myself. 

Edited by RedViper
55 minutes ago, RedViper said:

The 2bular track is not quiet!  Without the add on silencers there are very few track in the country you will get on. There are videos on YouTube which indicate lower readings but my track system on my car was 107db at 4800 revs without add-ons (carbon tips) and 98/99 db with stainless add-ons. Others have had lower readings but that's what mine was. I absolutely love it. I have had so many positive comments. 

I will also point out I used two different sound meters and I calibrated both myself. 

Hi, thanks for clarifying that.

How is it compare to 'Road'?

Did you hear Komo-Tec in real life?

I like my exhaust to be loud, but also prefer to be able to switch to quiet when I cruise through the town...

I have never heard the road one but I think with valve shut it would be quieter than track and valve open decent bit louder (in region of 112 db I think). 

I heard the komotec one at the ring but only a slow speed drive by in car park and it didn't sound as loud as mine but the benefit of that one is you can have best of both worlds as you can override flap to stay either open or shut all the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chrisc said:

Well the Komotec rear box with carbon tips should be arriving tomorrow! 

See how i get on at Brands and snetterton!

Great news! Please take note and remember the db measurements! Really keen to hear how you get on.

www.alias23.com

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Great news! Please take note and remember the db measurements! Really keen to hear how you get on.

I will, as i will do Bedford again this year, so guaranteed if its fine there, then its fine anywhere! :lol:

Edited by Chrisc
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Chrisc said:

I will, as i will do Bedford again this year, so guaranteed if its fine there, then its fine anywhere! :lol:

If it passes Bedford at full throttle ill be adding it to my santa list!

www.alias23.com

On 8/30/2016 at 18:33, Chrisc said:

If it passes Bedford's drive by at full throttle I will be amazed. Let me know when you are going there and I will see if I can book too!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gashead1105 said:

If it passes Bedford's drive by at full throttle I will be amazed. Let me know when you are going there and I will see if I can book too!

Yeah i will do! Be nice to see a few more on track B-)

Hi guys!

A few days ago I asked you about Quicksilver exhaust and you explained me that the welding was not good. Now I dismiss that exhaust.

But. What about Larini exhaust? They look good, sound very well and the price is very low comparing with 2bular

Do you think that Larini manifolds and exhaust are well designed/welded? I appreciate all your opinions and experiences.

22 hours ago, Dani said:

Hi guys!

A few days ago I asked you about Quicksilver exhaust and you explained me that the welding was not good. Now I dismiss that exhaust.

But. What about Larini exhaust? They look good, sound very well and the price is very low comparing with 2bular

Do you think that Larini manifolds and exhaust are well designed/welded? I appreciate all your opinions and experiences.

Just to add some more pics of the Quicksilver:

np2mte.jpg

1058bbc.jpg

2zscw8h.jpg

And then for track use you just add these:

11qlu08.jpg

Or angle each one away from the noise detectors!

qx3te8.jpg

• Gold FFM

I like the approach of the quicksilver but when I see the tips without the "noise deflector" ends I can't help but think of this:

Quicksilver.png

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!