free hit
counters
Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival 3rd & 4th Sept featuring Classic Team Lotus - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival 3rd & 4th Sept featuring Classic Team Lotus

OwenGT3

Hi all, Great Yarmouth tourist board is holding a wheels festival this 3rd and 4th of September, all along the sea front. Lotus Cars and Classic Team Lotus are the star feature of this event this year, last year they had the new land speed record Blood Hound full size replica displayed. Classic Team Lotus is having five racing cars displayed, with most of the Lotus display featured around the Britannia Pier Plaza, with CTL next to Joyland and the American diner.

I will be attending the event with my local club EALC on both days, but knowing there is 75 spaces for Lotus cars and not enough in my local club to fill that number, EALC would like to invite other owners along to this event and support CTL and put on a great display of Lotus cars.

My Lotus themed dragon is also making an appearance. If you would like to come, then we can do the usual and make a list, also stating which days you can attend. As yet I don't know what numbers are attending from my local club, but I don't expect more than 20 cars, most will attend just the Sunday. I also need names and car model to provide cars attending information to the organisers.

Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival

Last years event: Wheels Festival 2015

1. Owen - Esprit GT3 - Sat and Sun

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a terrific event and would like to be there Sunday. It's a 3 hour drive (both ways) but should be ok!

2. Chipp - M100 S2 - Sun

3. Rob   - turbo Esprit - Sat

4.Nigelsd - Esprit S2 Gold  - Sun 

Owen

Had been planning to come and spoke to the organizer a few weeks ago but am adding myself to your list.  Can you tell us exactly where we should come to and by what time.  Thanks

2. Chipp - M100 S2 - Sun

3. Rob   - turbo Esprit - Sat

4.Nigelsd - Esprit S2 Gold  - Sun 

5. Phil Wilkinson - Dry sump Turbo esprit

Hi everyone, If you wish to join the convoy of cars attending the Yarmouth wheels festival as part of the EALC display, please meet at Dunston Hall car park (NR14 8PQ off A140 near Norwich in the top car park furthest away from the hall) by 8.15 am for prompt departure at 8.30 am. Members attending from other areas are welcome to travel direct to the venue but please ensure you arrive at the venue by 9.00 am. This time applies on both days. 

Apparently the EALC area is near to Classic Team Lotus if you arrive before I do.

Phil and Scott, what day are you attending?

Owen

I shall travel directly there as I am just west of Diss.  I expect to go Saturday but that will be weather dependent although long range forecast looks similar both days at the moment.

Anyone going over using A143  from Scole send me a PM if you fancy meeting up for the journey.

Hi, considering coming up for this event on Sunday only, but definitive 'Yea' still to be made. 

Is the planned meeting at Dunston Hall on Sunday also?

What is the latest day you need to know a definite?

Trevor

21 hours ago, OwenGT3 said:

Hi everyone, If you wish to join the convoy of cars attending the Yarmouth wheels festival as part of the EALC display, please meet at Dunston Hall car park (NR14 8PQ off A140 near Norwich in the top car park furthest away from the hall) by 8.15 am for prompt departure at 8.30 am. Members attending from other areas are welcome to travel direct to the venue but please ensure you arrive at the venue by 9.00 am. This time applies on both days. 

Apparently the EALC area is near to Classic Team Lotus if you arrive before I do.

As above Trevor, I will add you to the list. :D

Edited by OwenGT3

• Gold FFM

An interesting day today. If you are going tomorrow, my advice is lock your door and if you have a convertible put the roof up.

A few very bad apples amongst a mostly appreciative crowd

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Now boys, this is important. Wax on, left hand, wax off, right hand.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.