free hit
counters
Barge Boards & Front Splitters - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Barge Boards & Front Splitters

PaulCP

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 months later...

Hey Paul,

I'm new here but I absolutely love the look of the splitter and barge boars. I'd really love the exact same thing.

How would I go about sourcing a set like that and perhaps fitting also in the same way you have had so they are relatively easy to remove if needs be?

Cheers Joe

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

Hey Paul,

I'm new here but I absolutely love the look of the splitter and barge boars. I'd really love the exact same thing.

How would I go about sourcing a set like that and perhaps fitting also in the same way you have had so they are relatively easy to remove if needs be?

Cheers Joe

Joe, the barge boards are from here

http://www.sa-motorsport.co.uk/store/c6/Lotus_Barge_Boards.html

I had them fitted by Hangar111 & they use current holes in the bodywork front and rear but do need securing along the length.  @Stuno1 I believe had them fitted slightly differently (without the need for drilling 4 small holes). Because I wanted them to be easily reversible we used neoprene foam to seal against the body rather than silicone or bonding type sealants

The splitters look a little better in the flesh & can prevent damage to the lower front clam if you brush up against a high kerb when parking. They were made by a member on here but I'm not sure that he will make anymore since he needs a minimum order number.

TBH I'm still not 100% struck on either the Barge boards or the splitters but they have grown on me more since originally fitting them

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that. I'm looking to have the lower front bumper and sills wrapped anyway so I still think it'll look awesome with the barge boards and the diffuser I have just saw on that website.

the guy that fitted them for you, is he a garage? Where is he located, wonder if he still offers the service.

IMG_1179.JPGIMG_1182.JPGIMG_1180.JPGI love the splitter and barge boards look personally. Makes the car look more aggressive and now matches the aggression of the rear diffuser. As Paul has mentioned, I had the same barge baords as Paul fitted but by Essex autosport. They said the holes didn't line up well with the barge boards and car and where the holes in the barge boards are actually would go in to the chassi. As such to drill the boards need additional holes. Essex autosport also slightly re-shaped the boards on the inside for a more snug fit. They attached the boards with very expensive (£50/roll) 3m bonding tape. As such, completely reversible. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alex Carter said:

sides look amazing but those corner splitters no no no make it go all the way round the front . just the front edges do look very halfords .

I can understand that view. They look much better in the flesh. There was one that went all the way around the front but I believe it fell off under high speed. Also, ones pictures do not require a new number plate.

1 hour ago, Alex Carter said:

sides look amazing but those corner splitters no no no make it go all the way round the front . just the front edges do look very halfords .

Believe it or not, Halfords don't actually sell bodykits, splitters, barge boards, spoilers and other such addenda.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Hey Paul,

Thanks for that. I'm looking to have the lower front bumper and sills wrapped anyway so I still think it'll look awesome with the barge boards and the diffuser I have just saw on that website.

the guy that fitted them for you, is he a garage? Where is he located, wonder if he still offers the service.

I've got the prototype of that diffuser fitted to my car - mine's the blue one on his website. Steve used the OE undertray (can't really describe it as a diffuser) as a template so it's a straight-forward bolt-on replacement.

Quality is first-rate - I'm delighted with mine.

Evora Diffuser 02.jpg

Evora Diffuser 03.jpg

Evora Diffuser 07.jpg

Evora Diffuser 08.jpg

• Like 1

hey im not slating your car dont get me wrong . just my own preference . keep it how you like it . 

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Believe it or not, Halfords don't actually sell bodykits, splitters, barge boards, spoilers and other such addenda.

when halfords tried ripspeed they sold a corner splitter near the same look ill even find a picture if it matters so but i doubt it 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alex Carter said:

hey im not slating your car dont get me wrong . just my own preference . keep it how you like it . 

when halfords tried ripspeed they sold a corner splitter near the same look ill even find a picture if it matters so but i doubt it 

I didn't think you were chap. No offence taken my end. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alfa2Evora said:

I've got the prototype of that diffuser fitted to my car - mine's the blue one on his website. Steve used the OE undertray (can't really describe it as a diffuser) as a template so it's a straight-forward bolt-on replacement.

Quality is first-rate - I'm delighted with mine.

Evora Diffuser 02.jpg

Evora Diffuser 03.jpg

Evora Diffuser 07.jpg

Evora Diffuser 08.jpg

That looks pretty awesome. I'm going to be ordering both the diffuser and boards. I think I'll stick to matt black wrapping the sills and front bottom bumper instead. I saw the new Evoras in the show room and they are now matt black vinyls.

8 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

IMG_1179.JPGIMG_1182.JPGIMG_1180.JPGI love the splitter and barge boards look personally. Makes the car look more aggressive and now matches the aggression of the rear diffuser. As Paul has mentioned, I had the same barge baords as Paul fitted but by Essex autosport. They said the holes didn't line up well with the barge boards and car and where the holes in the barge boards are actually would go in to the chassi. As such to drill the boards need additional holes. Essex autosport also slightly re-shaped the boards on the inside for a more snug fit. They attached the boards with very expensive (£50/roll) 3m bonding tape. As such, completely reversible. 

My Evora is also white and everything you have on your car their is exactly as I'd like. I think it looks absolutely awesome!

Does your have the black pack or did you have the roof and sills and front lip wrapped? If so did you go for gloss wrap or matt on the sills? I notice the new ones are mat black.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

My Evora is also white and everything you have on your car their is exactly as I'd like. I think it looks absolutely awesome!

Does your have the black pack or did you have the roof and sills and front lip wrapped? If so did you go for gloss wrap or matt on the sills? I notice the new ones are mat black.

Hi, cheers chap. I love it and have no further plans visually. It is the sports racer so comes with all the black elements which are gloss. He wheels are gloss so matte would look odd on my car.

On 06/08/2016 at 21:05, PaulCP said:

So, after having them fitted have I changed my mind. The answer is that I probably like the car better without them. I have no intention of adding any black bits since I think the car in Essex Blue looks spot on without them so I guess I will give it a few weeks but in all likelyhood I think they will be coming off :ermm:

That mirror shine from the Gteqnic treatment 12 months on still looks bloody good though :thumbsup:

I absolutely love your Evora colour combination Paul, I think if anything happened to mine I'd have to seek out one of these (shame they didn't do a N/A version). I had a good look around it at Brands Hatch and thought how well the Essex blue "popped" in the sunshine especially with the GTechiq coating - really impressed. Your son/grandson seemed very protective over it :lol:

As for the bargeboards/splitter,  I prefer it without personally (probably not the best thread to state that on though :sofa:) as you lose the "coke bottle" effect.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments @JAWS, all very true, particularly the one about my grandson. He's been a complete petrol head from 3years old and is definitely very protective of the Evora. Whenever he is with us he insists that its the only car he can travel in when we go anywhere. At the Lotus factory a few weeks ago he gave the guy taking us round a real ear bashing with all of his questions:lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Hi, cheers chap. I love it and have no further plans visually. It is the sports racer so comes with all the black elements which are gloss. He wheels are gloss so matte would look odd on my car.

Are the black bits on your car painted or wrapped? I noticed the new Evoras in the show room have matt black wrap on the sills.

35 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Are the black bits on your car painted or wrapped? I noticed the new Evoras in the show room have matt black wrap on the sills.

It's all painted. If it was not already painted and I wanted to do it I would have it wrapped. Much easier, cheaper and easily reversed. 

Awesome, I emailed Lotus Silverstone who can offer the wrapping service for £375 so I think I will go with that!

I am also contemplating ordering the Diffuser and Barge Boards from SA Motorsports. The guy also emailed me back from there and is willing to template up my front bumper for the splitters. Whats your experience with speed humps etc with them? Do they catch?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I emailed Lotus Silverstone who can offer the wrapping service for £375 so I think I will go with that!

They do a very good job, highly recommended and at a good price :) 

IMG_2428.JPG

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

28 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Awesome, I emailed Lotus Silverstone who can offer the wrapping service for £375 so I think I will go with that!

I am also contemplating ordering the Diffuser and Barge Boards from SA Motorsports. The guy also emailed me back from there and is willing to template up my front bumper for the splitters. Whats your experience with speed humps etc with them? Do they catch?

Blimey that is cheap! Well done them. No issues a all so far with speed bumps. The car looks really low but clearly it isn't! I have not hit one speed bump yet. 

Just now, Stuno1 said:

Blimey that is cheap! Well done them. No issues a all so far with speed bumps. The car looks really low but clearly it isn't! I have not hit one speed bump yet. 

Ahh ok great. Well I didn't know whether it was cheap or not. I saw some other threads mentioning a couple of hundred quid and some £300 so I thought it was in the right ball park.