free hit
counters
Delivery Mileage 2-Eleven for sale... - 2-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Delivery Mileage 2-Eleven for sale...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aside from all the excellent mods suggested by Gav to improve air flow to the I/C, there are tuners out there that can modify the factory IAT compensation program to reduce the amount of timing retard

It is actually a sealed area Bibs, there's a moulded cup type affair bonded to the underside of the panels and the hoses connect to the back of them. The theory behind the intakes at the back of

Posted Images

There is definitely a back story about this car not being told in that advert.  

States they were built between 2007-2011 which is correct but no explanation to its new 16plate...

I have my own suspicions that this is originally a Japanese destined car, manufactured and shipped out there between 07-11 and until now has remained unsold. From what I recall from a conversation I was having with someone at Lotus that there were still a few of them sitting out in japland, brand new with delivery miles on and all N/A models. 

Last sentence of the advert states it may be the only one available with delivery mileage... I would bet my bottom dollar when that one sells another turns up just like it in their showroom....

Strange spec on that super low mileage one.... GT4 cage & cover, yet NA ? Maybe that was the Japanese spec ?

I think a 2-Eleven all dressed-up for the track without a SC would be missing the point. How many were built without SC? 

Didn't the Japanese standard roll-over bar have seatbelt anchors?

More than you'd think... 

I can see the appeal of a N/A on track having spent many thousands of miles on track in my own S/c version. 

Biggest problem with the S/C carwas always heat sink. The two openings for the airflow onto the intercooler are too small which results in heat build up and the ecu retarding ignition. Anyone who's driven a 2-11 will know as you pull out the pits with a cold car the acceleration is crisp and sharp. 2 laps in though the power spike is gone and it all becomes a little flat on delivery. Let the car cool down for half an hour and out the pits again like a scouled cat.

An N/A model won't suffer power loss from heat sink to the intercooler, bet it's a very stable and constant package to drive. 

Easy to bolt a s/c on though, you'd need the s/c kit, a new engine loom and a new ecu.

Have you ever tried a chargecooled 2-11 Gav? 

My car was suffering heat soak at Donington the other week. It was a warm humid day and noticeably down on grunt after a few laps.

chargecooler is a big investment and isn't exactly "OE" which puts me off.

I personally haven't, no.

The regs for the Cup racing all changed a few years ago from pretty much 'factory spec' cars to 'run what you've brung'.

They started to allow charge cooling, separate ECU's, etc, etc. I gave up at that point as it boiled down to how big your cheque book was no how good behind the wheel you were. Also, I wasn't prepared to take my car down that route and start hacking it about.

Its suppose to have a big effect on the power deterioration yes, but as already said, do you want to take your car down that route?

Couple of things you can do to improve stock with little detrimental effect to the cars original spec -

1. trim the excess 5mm of f/glass return that is in the bodywork openings to the intercooler airflow, and remove the grills all together,. basically open up the intake holes as wide as they will go.

2. place a baffle inside the intercooler duct to direct the 2 flows of incoming air directly onto the i/c. The 2 flows appose each other coming into the box as std.

3. place a 4mm solid ali plate heat shield underneath the i/c. It sits directly above the exhaust manifold which cooks it… I have a cad drawing here for one with all the holes correct for remounting. give me a nod if you want one making up.

I've been using the intercooler shroud air deflecting vanes for a while.

I've also got a cf plate heat shield covered in DEI gold heat reflecting stuff. It could probably be improved though. 

I don't like the big heavy metal intercooler mounting brackets that bolt to the hot gearbox. They'll send the heat straight up into the intercooker. 

Oh well, it's served me well all these years. I think the next project will be for Russ to overhaul my ohlins and set up with GT4 spec. I want it a bit more track focused. 

Aside from all the excellent mods suggested by Gav to improve air flow to the I/C, there are tuners out there that can modify the factory IAT compensation program to reduce the amount of timing retardation for a given temperature.  The factory ECU/stock tune goes with a very aggressive timing retardation program ranging from 1 to 6 degrees beginning at  a relatively low IAT of 86*F (30*C).  Of course, running a known good quality gas is a must.

Changing out the factory "dryer" air hoses for good quality aero items can also help…..every little bit will have a cumulative effect. ;)

new engine bay2.jpg

IC scoop.jpg

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

If you added a shroud from the hose to the NACA duct, I reckon you'd see a fairly large increase of air into the intercooler. A lot looks like it goes past the end of the hose there... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It is actually a sealed area Bibs, there's a moulded cup type affair bonded to the underside of the panels and the hoses connect to the back of them.

The theory behind the intakes at the back of the car for the I/C and the front for the air box feed is to scavenge air from the boundary layer that forms along the surfaces leading up to them. Great , but rear ones for the i/c feed were simply not big enough, they could do with being at least 50% bigger.

If I really wanted to address the problem I wouldn't go charge cooled, or play with the ecu. I'd buy a pair of the cheap pattern side panels off Junksy and modify the inlets by widening them and also form a raised scoop above them slightly, look to increase each side by 100% at least. That's ultimately what it needs, bigger holes!! I'd happily sacrifice the drag factor to increase the zoom factor.

I know it would work as I have converted an elise to use all the 2-11 s/c set up but have fed the i/c from the side ducts. difference is night and day, you just don't get the same drop off in power as you do with a 2-11 using exactly the same kit.

IMG_000000761_zps5d3a3404.jpg

IMG_00000439_zps244b4678.jpg

IMG_00000348_zpsddc6f378.jpg

Edited by TheKevlarKid
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

There is definitely a back story about this car not being told in that advert.  

States they were built between 2007-2011 which is correct but no explanation to its new 16plate...

I have my own suspicions that this is originally a Japanese destined car, manufactured and shipped out there between 07-11 and until now has remained unsold. From what I recall from a conversation I was having with someone at Lotus that there were still a few of them sitting out in japland, brand new with delivery miles on and all N/A models. 

Last sentence of the advert states it may be the only one available with delivery mileage... I would bet my bottom dollar when that one sells another turns up just like it in their showroom....

Using the reg number in a parts look up I have gives a chassis number.

This number broken down suggests its a 2009 RHD M/sport car last for digits of chassis are 0351 (As I said if the info I have is correct!!!!)

• 1 year later...