free hit
counters
Clunky Headlamp Pods - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Clunky Headlamp Pods

Having only ever been in my own Esprit I'm not sure if I have a problem with my headlamp pods or if it's just 'how they are'.

I replaced all the pivots and arms last year so everything in the pivoting department is OK and the pods go up and down every time no problem. However the movement is generally a bit 'agricultural' in that its not a nice smooth mechanical whirr, more of a quick shove up and back down which you can hear and feel when sat in the car.

Is that typical of how they are or is something amiss with mine?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 10 August 2016 at 19:57, s4simon said:

Don't worry about the internal thunking.  Just look at how cool you look with pop up lights.

Yup. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

I'm still flashing my lights at people, that are no longer there by the time the pods have decided to come out of their sleepy beds. And I'm sure they must be made of concrete by the way they thud back down again.

• Like 2

Mine go boomp, boomp going up. They have never gone up together.

They go down together.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Mine also make a bit of sound, but they do seem solid and go up and Down. Better than acting like a blinking eye during a drive. Thinking of having a lighter set. Maybe slightly more silent? And maybe one could install a bit of dampening foam somewhere to make them silent when going up or Down?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

:hrhr: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 07:59, Vanya said:

No foam Jacques! It adds weight! :P

Jacques is probably getting a microchip put in his eyes which converts them to night-vision. The additional weight of the chip and its power pack is outweighed by the removal of his headlamps by some margin.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Actually @ian29gte, you might be on to something. If I were lightening my car, the pods would be the first thing to go!

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM
On 14/08/2016 at 23:17, swindon_alan said:

I have never, ever, seen such fascination on a grown man's face.

Never been to Pat Pong then.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.