free hit
counters
Esprit carbon fibre air intake - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit carbon fibre air intake

• 4 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hello Dave, if this is the one you mean, then yes, I have one, and no, not made any more for ages. But I spoke to a woman whose father did them years ago, and she talked him over do do another one.

When I am back home, I'll drop you some info, so you can make contact and ask them if they will do another one. You wil have to drill a hole for the hose from the vent. yourself. I didn't. But I drilled holes for the coolant support as per original. Perfect fit and finish. And it's light too. You save 346 grams over the original one. I did add two small pieces of light foam to prevent bracketry harming the nice slick surface of the carbon.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Oh well, I just found the receipt in my stack, so here it is:

Thompson Composite Mouldings Ltd.

Hardley Industrial Estate,

Hardley,

Southhhampton,

SO45 3MG

UK.

tel: 02380-207778

email: [email protected]

Price was 342 gbp incl shipping to me in Denmark. That was in 2014.

Very kind people to deal with. I hope this helps to sort you out.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

airbox 3.JPG

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been checking the interweb for options here and I saw an old link to something about this:

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/EGuides/EModifications/Carbon_Airbox.html

In the absence of new and a shortage or, over pricing of second had air intake boxes, has anyone found a compromise that would work for my acquired X180 normally aspirated engine currently fitted with aftermarket K&N?

Thxs

• 9 months later...
On 08/09/2016 at 05:49, Jacques said:

Hello Dave, if this is the one you mean, then yes, I have one, and no, not made any more for ages. But I spoke to a woman whose father did them years ago, and she talked him over do do another one.

When I am back home, I'll drop you some info, so you can make contact and ask them if they will do another one. You wil have to drill a hole for the hose from the vent. yourself. I didn't. But I drilled holes for the coolant support as per original. Perfect fit and finish. And it's light too. You save 346 grams over the original one. I did add two small pieces of light foam to prevent bracketry harming the nice slick surface of the carbon.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Oh well, I just found the receipt in my stack, so here it is:

Thompson Composite Mouldings Ltd.

Hardley Industrial Estate,

Hardley,

Southhhampton,

SO45 3MG

UK.

tel: 02380-207778

email: [email protected]

Price was 342 gbp incl shipping to me in Denmark. That was in 2014.

Very kind people to deal with. I hope this helps to sort you out.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

airbox 3.JPG

Jacques. I'm late coming in on this CF air intake subject. Is there still any possibility of have one made?

Hello Mark,

It's been some years, and I was late in the Esprit game myself, and most interesting things were gone, such as for example carbon copies of the Sport300 seat Shells, I just tried my luck, as per my description in the above, and voila, a nice carbon airfilterbox arrived in my mail. Been enjoying it every single time I open the tailgate too.

So, just write them a nice email, and I'm sure you'll have one as well. If you do, please report back here, so we know if it's still a valid option. In fact, do call them first as I did, as you can have a nice conversation with them, and hopefully talk them over to redo one for you. Sometimes it's jsutmore helpfull than just writing an email.

PNM are having some carbon fiber parts made, but you need to call them for production and possibilities.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• 2 weeks later...