free hit
counters
Corsa alternatives - Page 4 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Corsa alternatives

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The temperatures will clearly show if your geo is somewhat effective... but don't worry too much - just go for the max camber you can achieve on the front axle with the standard dampers (which I think you have done already, right?!?)

On 10/03/2017 at 11:05, Gashead1105 said:

Thanks Arun, very helpful. There's about £200 in price difference between the Yokos and Corsas. Given the 380 is running 215/45s I think the small ride height change could be lived with. Just need to decide one way or other during course of today.

Did you look at PS4s? Are they available in correct sizes?

I did not Gary, no. If I'm not going for the Yokos I will stick with the Corsas, I think the PS4s are more aimed at hot hatches. 

Edited by Gashead1105

Put PS4's on mine a couple of weeks ago. Only got about 80 miles on them but first impressions are very, very good.

Grip seems better (even on brand new rubber), they are quieter and ride has improved. I'd describe steering feel/feedback as more detailed because some of the harshness of the Corsa's has gone. 

For me/my car (so far) they are better than the Cora's.

ETA - some of the improvements I've noticed could be due to the lighter wheels. Also I've not driven it particularly hard yet.

Edited by swanny71
  • Like 1

Plus points for the AD08R are they come new with a full 8mm of tread depth, unlike the usual semi-slick tyres which have less, and the tread pattern is fairly well developed for water clearing. When I had my S2, I regarding them as a more user-friendly and durable alternative to the A048 semi-slick, with 90% of the outright dry track capability. It would be good to hear  @Dani's feedback for our specific application.

What about Corsas? Noting Arun's comments about the AD08s being almost semi slicks, I'm leaning back towards the Corsas as I prefer something a bit more road biased. 

30 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

What about Corsas? Noting Arun's comments about the AD08s being almost semi slicks, I'm leaning back towards the Corsas as I prefer something a bit more road biased. 

PS4 fit the bill perfectly for my needs which seem pretty much the same as yours - heavy road use bias, only occasional track day use.

Tyre tech seems to have advanced rapidly over the past few years and the PS4 is bang up to date (fair bit cheaper as well). I've also got 12,000+ miles on the set on my 130i and they've been exemplary so far.

I'm sure either will do the job for you though.

The thing is though that I've run PE2s and PS3s on a number of different hot renaults that were tracked. They've all had too soft sidewalls for even occasional track use, the tyre basically folding in on itself under heavy cornering loads and running on the sidewall - and I'm always sharp on track tyre pressures as well. No doubt they are great as pure road tyres, but I'm just not convinced. Leaning towards the Yokos again actually.