free hit
counters
Window lift Motor - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ho does anyone know how easy it is to change the window lift motor? My 86 S3 seems to have a failed one on the passenger side. It went all the way down but not back up. I can hear it clicking both ways but the motor is not moving it at all....

Any help or instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Only a few nuts and bolts inside the door - you need a double jointed midget orangutan to assist !!

Are you sure it's not a wiring issue, loose or corroded connections causing voltage drop or possibly wires almost broken through where they get flexed when the door opens/closes.

The motor has push on connectors which are tricky but not impossible to get to, so you could try making some wires and connect 12v directly to the motor and see if it then lifts.

if you end up taking it out for refurb (they don't usually need replacement) you will need to try this anyway as its going to be very tricky to remove it with the window in the down position.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 21:43, Barrykearley said:

Only a few nuts and bolts inside the door - you need a double jointed midget orangutan to assist !!

Offering your services then, Barry?

My grazes and cuts from doing the job on my last car have just healed - can't help sorry !!

I have had the window lifters out multiple times now and it helps when fitting to start with the motor to the rear of the car, the arm pointing forwards. Thread the roller onto the bottom of the glass then rotate the motor assembly to the correct way around, i.e. motor forwards and bolt in place. I did this last night and it was much easier than the battles I have had in the past.

cheers

C43

Can I ask from where a new window lift motor can be purchased from. They seem to be obsolete as far as Lotus is concerned.

I have seen them on ebay.