free hit
counters
Hi from Milton Keynes - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
AnnieS2

Hi from Milton Keynes

Hi all

I've recently taken the 15 year coming plunge and bought myself an Elise S2 (the baby is below).

Would be nice to get to know some locals if there are any. I'm always up for a hoon.

Cheers

Annie

IMG_20160814_163107.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lovely car, is it an 'R' or an 'S'?. Either way, enjoy and welcome to TLF!

:thumbup:

Welcome to TLF Annie, car looks like a peach :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Congratulations hope the insurance wasn't to much not many 23year olds driving in style  

Thanks Bibs, I'm totally in love with it at the moment! 

Insurance wasn't too bad actually. Elephant quoted £1700 so I called ClassicLine and they've done it for £1k with the exhaust declared, including breakdown cover and legal, as well as European insurance and breakdown cover. Great service too, can't recommend them enough. (Not sure if I'm allowed to put that on here as I guess it could be perceived as advertising?) 

Thats a damn good price Annie! And a stunning motor. Welcome to the forums :) 

I used to work in MK and commuted from Horwood House to Willen Lake in my Evora each day. Nothing better for those roundabouts than a Lotus! 

Welcome to TLF Annie. :welcome:

There is a discounts information area here that might help you with your insurance. I think you may even be able get a better deal with your insurance if you become a full TLF member.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

11 hours ago, Kalli said:

Thats a damn good price Annie! And a stunning motor. Welcome to the forums :) 

I used to work in MK and commuted from Horwood House to Willen Lake in my Evora each day. Nothing better for those roundabouts than a Lotus! 

Thank you :) I love it so much; I already have two weekends planned for 'driving my car' related things!

Did you use the Evora as a daily? Luckily I only live 2 miles from my house so if the weather gets really bad I can just cycle :) 

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

Welcome to TLF Annie. :welcome:

There is a discounts information area here that might help you with your insurance. I think you may even be able get a better deal with your insurance if you become a full TLF member.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

Done! It looks like there's some good bits in there. Will let you know how I get on with insurance!

Hi welcome to the forum. That does look lovely.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Welcome and congratz on your car.  Looks the part - more pics though please.  We like pictures here.

There doesn't appear to be a Bucks regional meet, but you should find something relatively close by checking here :)

Nice one Annie, Welcome to the forum. Enjoy :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Welcome Annie,

The car looks awesome and for a 23 year old I bet your mates are very jealous! We have lots of get togethers from Brooklands Lotus weekend (many of us stay down and have the odd tipple) to the Brands day coming up in a week or so! We also have a Christmas party......we tend to leave the cars at home for that one. There are also local meets and many people like to get together for a hoon, so feel free to get involved!

if you need anything please ask a Mod!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Thanks guys :)

Dave, I'll get more this weekend as we're going on a road trip to Poole! Will be interesting if the weather stays as per the forecasts!

4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Welcome Annie,

The car looks awesome and for a 23 year old I bet your mates are very jealous! We have lots of get togethers from Brooklands Lotus weekend (many of us stay down and have the odd tipple) to the Brands day coming up in a week or so! We also have a Christmas party......we tend to leave the cars at home for that one. There are also local meets and many people like to get together for a hoon, so feel free to get involved!

if you need anything please ask a Mod!

Aha they are a bit. I haven't told a huge amount of people yet so I'm just going to turn up at places and see what the reactions are. I am going to the Brands weekend on Sunday and have got myself into the track parking so I'll be able to say help to everyone there. Good timing for buying the car really! Definitely interested in the Christmas part as well. I'll keep an eye out for that one. :)

its down T'road in Kent. We always book out the Premier Inn (and some of us get chucked out for partying late into the night!) and then meet up for Brekkie the next day to moan about how ill we feel, how the room is now full of Vom and who decided to walk down the corridor naked with his boxers on his head.

It wasn't me obviously!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

13 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

its down T'road in Kent. We always book out the Premier Inn (and some of us get chucked out for partying late into the night!) and then meet up for Brekkie the next day to moan about how ill we feel, how the room is now full of Vom and who decided to walk down the corridor naked with his boxers on his head.

It wasn't me obviously!

Hahahahahaha!! Ok, yup, definitely coming to that. I'm staying away from the naked boxer men though... :sofa:

I do too, it's for the best!! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Would yo have been out today, roughly 6pm headed north from CMK? 

Wasn't in my Exige, the people mover this time ferrying kids... 

Milton Keynes ain't the most delightful looking place, but the roundabout... Oh man! You just gotta blast!