free hit
counters
September 8th Meet - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JayEmm

September 8th Meet

So it was suggested at the last meet by a few that I might come up with a venue for this next meeting. Of course I am happy to oblige.

There is a pub close to me called the Fox, at Bulmer (just outside Sudbury). It has great food, great drink, good roads nearby and lots of parking. Now, it's quite far from our usual meets but I wondered if people might be willing to travel? I ask only because they don't usually take bookings but I may be able to swing it if I know we could get a decent turnout.

Would people be up for trying the venue? If it's too far I am happy to sacrifice my time and try some other pubs more centrally located!

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It's in Essex, and about 1 to 1 & 1/2 hours from my house. You've travelled a fair way in the past, so only fair. Car park looks big enough.

Which car are you going in :)

I might take @Dave Eds strategy and just bring all of 'em :)

On a good run the place is well under and hour from Stansted - more like 45 minutes if you can enjoy the roads!

James Martin (JayEmm)

I'm a fair bit away from Stanstead :)

I know, but it's a good point of reference for those considering the journey. I am hoping we might be able to persuade a few more Suffolkites to join in by having a meet closer to them

James Martin (JayEmm)

@Gashead1105, @Gm77 and @Stuno1 - can we tempt you into joining us if we have the Fox as a venue? I still need to ask if its possible but I need to have a rough idea of whether people will attend

James Martin (JayEmm)

What sort of time would we be talking James? That's a school night.

Having said that, I'm always up for an excuse for a blat down the Bures road.

7:30pm is the usual arrival time. We tend to eat around 8/8:30 but eating is not mandatory

James Martin (JayEmm)

Hadn't seen this. It's about an hour from me. Assuming I can work from home i'm in. 

James, I will have to be a tentative for now.  Week nights aren't great for me as I tend not to get home until quite late.  Its also the day before I am due to move into my new house so there will undoubtedly be some last minute organisation.

I'll pop in if I can, but it would probably be after 9pm.

Greg

1 hour ago, JayEmm said:

7:30pm is the usual arrival time. We tend to eat around 8/8:30 but eating is not mandatory

Even on my current work load there's no chance I would be there for 7.30, and 8.30 would be a push - and the work load usually increases in September. I'll have to be a tentative as well for now.

Afraid I'm not able to make it that week as I'm in the Alps :driving:

Black n gold

Closer to home so would have been good but unfortunately will be on hols:(

Add me to the list James,, but I might go to Halstead and back so I don't miss out on doing the Catley Cross wiggly bits..

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

Haha yes very good Phil.

For those looking to come from afar, the road from Halstead to Bulmer is superb, or if coming from Cambridge way then the road from Hedingham is also fantastically good - perfect Lotus roads.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Sorry but on holiday, next time?  

Can't make this now I'm afraid. Busy at work so won't be home in time to get there ?

Lots of people on Holiday here, I will have a word with the pub and see if I can get them to make a table for 6-8 people, unless we suddenly get a really good turnout that should cover us

James Martin (JayEmm)

Hope to be there James

Dave.

Hi Guys

I just went down to the pub, as they don't officially take bookings, so wanted to speak with the landlord direct. He's very happy for us to come down there, Thursday won't be busy. As we don't know numbers what we will do is when we get there we can just make our own table to the size required.

@Hedgehogfromhell We meet around 7:30pm, sitting down to eat around 8 - the only downside of the pub is that they do close relatively early, around 9:30, but they have a nice garden outside we can sit in if the weather is good. Hopefully you'll agree the quality of the food and service is worth it!

@Dave Eds do you mind bringing those M100 photos we discussed?

I hope to see you guys there on Thursday

Best

James

• Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

Thankyou to everyone who came down, I hope those of you who had to drive more than a quarter of a mile home enjoyed it :) 

James Martin (JayEmm)