free hit
counters
Lots of weight gone! - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lots of weight gone!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I like the idea although I suspect ATS will still forget to do them up, if not pinch them! ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, toshers said:

Where did you buy those from?

A guy i use for the titanium stud kits also produces standard length bolts in titanium as well. Where im not worried about spacers, i thought bolts would be a good idea this time!

If you want his details, then let me know. £110 delivered.

14 hours ago, Chrisc said:

A guy i use for the titanium stud kits also produces standard length bolts in titanium as well. Where im not worried about spacers, i thought bolts would be a good idea this time!

If you want his details, then let me know. £110 delivered.

Perfect if you could please PM me his details.

Had a few people PM me, but his number is ‪07766 987364‬ and name is Daniel. For all those that were interested. Really nice guy, and will do any length etc. 

Hope it's OK to post his number :blush:

4 hours ago, Edison Ngu said:

So all together 10kg of weight saving by changing to these bolts???

:lol: i wish!

The key and locking adaptor weigh a bit! And each bolt is lighter compared to the stock one. The saving is in grams unfortunately. 

those grams add up, particularly towards the end of the night down the pub. I bet they're worth at least a kilo each by last orders ;)

2 minutes ago, MartynB said:

YMMV, but I'll just leave this here...

http://www.dtmpower.com/Porschewheelnutcorrosionproblem.htm

How much of a problem you'll get from galvanic corrosion, I guess we'll see

I've used titanium studs for years, and not once had an issue. They do need a decent lube on them though, but ultimately not had one bit of corrosion, ever. 

I think you could find issues with just about anything on the net these days. 

I guess having used them before you know how to treat them to avoid the corrosion and galling, cool beans:).

I dropped that article on because not everyone is aware of titanium's "special needs".

3 minutes ago, MartynB said:

I guess having used them before you know how to treat them to avoid the corrosion and galling, cool beans:).

I dropped that article on because not everyone is aware of titanium's "special needs".

The main thing is not to use an impact gun on them. No one ever says that, but its the worst thing you can do. And i bet the garages just dont care, and use an impact gun regardless. 

• Like 1