free hit
counters
AP racing front brake kits won't fit in Oz futura wheel?(S4S or early V8) - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

AP racing front brake kits won't fit in Oz futura wheel?(S4S or early V8)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh oh, are you saying, that if I install a set of Sport350 brakes, then they won't fit my widened OZ Futuras in 17*8,5 front and 18*10,5 rears?

If so, that's a cathastrophe! And could overthrow my little Sport300 Wheel arch project. Should be mentioned, that my car is a 1990 SE with original Wheel hubs all around. Discs made to fit those hubs.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

@Jacques

The issue appeared to be wheel spoke clearance, which someone "fixed" by adding a 2mm spacer to the front wheels.  So even with your widened wheels, the spokes will still be the same distance from the hub, and they will not fit without a spacer, or a custom Rotor hat offset + caliper offset bracket like my brakes.

If your hat were say 2mm thicker, and the offset were the same as the original AP rotor offset, then it might work...  Not sure what you did with your rotor hats.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

Ah, thanks. Since the rotorhats are custommade by pnm for this installation using original hubs, and I haven't got them as of yet, only time will show, if I need to have two other bells made to suit, I am not a fan of spacers and longer bolts.

Thanks for clearing it up. I'll get back to this regarding clearance, once I get them installed.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

19 hours ago, Vulcan Grey said:

@Jacques

The issue appeared to be wheel spoke clearance, which someone "fixed" by adding a 2mm spacer to the front wheels.  So even with your widened wheels, the spokes will still be the same distance from the hub, and they will not fit without a spacer, or a custom Rotor hat offset + caliper offset bracket like my brakes.

If your hat were say 2mm thicker, and the offset were the same as the original AP rotor offset, then it might work...  Not sure what you did with your rotor hats.

16 hours ago, Advantage said:

Not the most exciting gif you'll ever see, but the brakes fit with the smaller S4/GT3 rims.

MOV02226.gif

Thank you for your help.

I tried to measure the clearance by using a calliper(CP5200) and disc (330mmX28mm) profile paper(with some modifications) from AP racing website, I find out that the brake kit can't fit in Oz futura because of the split screws(or you have to make a really thick hat to fit in), not the wheel spoke, but i am not sure whether it would be ok with 320mmX28mm disc

I would rather add a very thin spacer than have a new bracket and thicker hat made up.

and do you know from where I can still buy the APR black CP5200 calliper with Lotus Logo?

I was told by Lotus that the AP set up would not fit within the OZ Futura wheel when i went to purchase a set in the original discount sale some years ago.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

On 28 August 2016 at 04:07, rocket63 said:

I was told by Lotus that the AP set up would not fit within the OZ Futura wheel when i went to purchase a set in the original discount sale some years ago.

thx.

I may try to contact PUK or ramspott-brandt to ask them whether they can make some offsets to their AP front brake upgrade kit for OZ futura or their upgrade kit are already fitted in OZ futura directly.

Edited by pan