free hit
counters
2bular ENGINE PROTECTION KIT - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2bular ENGINE PROTECTION KIT

Hi everyone 

I have been thinking about what could be the best first performance mod for the V6 engine. I finally think that this manifold + sport cat could be the best one because it is an improvement in many ways at the sane time: less weight, more power, more sound and more safety/protection for the engine!!, as 2bular says in its website: 

The 2GR-FE V6 motor has Ultra Thin Wall Ceramic catalysers fitted in the exhaust manifolds. Lotus have to use the engine as it comes from Toyota so they're stuck with these fragile ceramic parts inches from the cylinder head exhaust ports. Any Ferrari 430 owner will tell you of the dangers inherent in that scenario. Supercharged motors, with their increased exhaust-gas pressures can wreck ceramic catalysers and I wonder how long these "pre-cats" will tolerate the stresses placed on them - particularly during track-use. I'm pretty certain Lotus are well aware of these issues as the power output of a 3.5Ltr supercharged V6 should be a lot more than 345bhp

What do you think guys?

Do you think that the ECU should be adjusted after installing this kit?

:pizza:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't worry , the wooden blocks are very large 

• Gold FFM

Not on an S, but an Evora NA I have the headers and single sport cat. No need to do anything to the ECU it auto tuned and the engine runs 1 notch cooler on the sliding guage.

Oh, and it sounds freakin'awesome and pulls much better in the mid range too! ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They are certainly a very good idea. Although I wish the stock manifolds were a better design, as you could then remove the cats from the headers and install a second 200 cell cat further down. But not much room! 

13 hours ago, dixie v6 said:

I changed the oem manifolds with the catless Larini manifolds , takes about 3 a 4 hours , not very difficult but it takes some time....

Do you have access to lift or did you do it on ramps? I suppose it is just nuts and bolts but normally with anything lotus it's getting at them which is your biggest problem. 

Even fitting the back box which is pretty easy can become a little frustrating with just ramps

I made wooden blocks around 30 cm height , I jack op the rear end in the middle of the car and put the wooden blocks under my wheels , you can reach all bolts (not always easy) but if you pull down the carpet in the trunk (engine side)  you can remove a piece with some bolts and you can acces one manifold a bit better through your trunk...

23 minutes ago, dixie v6 said:

I made wooden blocks around 30 cm height , I jack op the rear end in the middle of the car and put the wooden blocks under my wheels , you can reach all bolts (not always easy) but if you pull down the carpet in the trunk (engine side)  you can remove a piece with some bolts and you can acces one manifold a bit better through your trunk...

Cool. Thanks for that. There are a few DIY garages popping up near where I live where you can just pay per hour to use a ramp. The wooden block idea makes me worry just reading it ha ha