free hit
counters
Type 1 watch - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Type 1 watch

top-plumber

I bought a type 1 ages ago and it was the usual broken wrist band issue. I had the old strap and kind of repaired it but it went again. Since then I have seen a few efforts at making leather straps that do not have the shape or contour of the original. 

I thought about injection moulding a new strap adapter but suddenly thought about having a go myself. The out come is great. I have managed to make a mould of the end of the strap and then cast in a very tough resin. 

I have also been able to fuse a rubber strap to the end adapter. It's white at the moment but I will be buying dye and making black initially but maybe other colours later. Keep watching ( excuse the pun )

wayne

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wish i would of purchased one of those when they first came out, crazy money they exchange hands for now .:ermm:  Good job on the repair, did they not only come in orange or did they sell other colours when in production.?

A

So It worked, the black dye in the resin has coloured it perfectly and the new strap has totally bonded to it. Just need to drill out the fixing holes and fit to the watch. It's a perfect fix. 

If any one wants a new type 1 watch strap that is a perfect copy of the original but won't snap give me a PM and we can discuss..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg