free hit
counters
Rather looking forward to tomorrow morning!!!! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Rather looking forward to tomorrow morning!!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I get (after a lot of fun discussion with BP81) to pick this up.    See you all Sunday at Brands   Dan  

Its been a long time coming........ so yes all very exciting!! And for the first time in 22 years I have told my wife before picking up a car so less nervous than usual about bringing it home   

Cheers Steve, it's a keeper.!!  I am intending to spend most of sat night in the garage looking at it.  probably with a glass of wine. 

Posted Images

:thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice one Dan - she's a beauty and I think Brooke is mental for selling but his loss is your gain I dare say. Well done!!:thumbup: 

Brooke - I hope you've got something worthwhile planned mate :secret:

Many congratulations!

We've all been there Dan (sat in the garage drooling!).

That car is a beautiful thing and they are getting better looking every year and with every new euro directive making it impossible to make cars like this again.

Very rare in black and gold too, heaven knows why!

I hope to see it at Brands and would love to take a photo call of the G-turbos at some point.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Jonny, picked up from a slightly gutted looking Brooke today, we came back on the totally traffic free m25 ( when does that happen) with me and my 11 year old boy. Every biker and I mean every single one gave a thumbs up.  Loads of smiles from people, it goes like stink. I am totally in love with it tomorrow is give it a wash and start to make the to do list. 

Oh and I have literally just come out the garage with a glass of wine. 

Totally up for the picture shoot can pm you my number if you wish. 

Dave it is gorgeous, it is going no where. Steady improvement and to be honest it doesn't need much you could argue a respray, but it has a lovely patina and I don't know if I want to get rid of that. 

nice decision to have though isn't it 

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

You lucky boy.

id be sleeping in the garage - clutching the wine glass with one arm on that car :animier:

Only here once

I have only heard good things about how well that car drives, Barrie reckons it's even better than his Essex - no mean feat! There can't be many left in such fine fettle. I'm glad it's gone to such an appreciative owner plus TLF member too.

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

jonny I have driven a few and it was a country mile above all of them . I just need to work out how to check the oil. Spoke to Gerald about this so going to give it a go tomorrow.

It is very very cool and can you imagine having one in 1981 I would have been 11 and the old man had a brown with gold pin stripe Triiumph 2000 mk2 and 8 track and a neighbour had one it blew my mind. 

You are more than welcome to have a go at the weekend, I adore your car. If we can meet up that would be great. 

Have to say Dan like you I was totally blown away when I first saw one back in the early eighties, and although I've owned 3 Esprits now all Stevens ones your one is always the one I've come close to buying quite a few times but never actually managing to do it and now to be honest I think I've now missed my chance. She is just stunning......I am right in saying Gerald had her in storage a few months ago if she was I had a sit and drool over her then...:thumbsup:

Shocking parking aside, the car looked great at the weekend mate, congrats at last :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Yes mate cocked that up on a grand scale didn't I :lol:. Good to finally meet albeit briefly I don't think I have ever played second fiddle to a tool kit before:lol:

shame some f:&ker backed into whilst I was parked up on the way home.  

:thumbsup:

+3 BHP too, you'll be pleased to know! 

Evora NA