free hit
counters
New Pirelli Corsas needed, Derby / Burton/ Midlands area - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New Pirelli Corsas needed, Derby / Burton/ Midlands area

Hi All,

I'll be in need of a couple of new rears (Pirelli Corsas) for my V6 within the next few weeks; only done ~ 7,500 road only miles but maybe that's typical ?  

Can you recommend any suppliers / fitters / dealers you've used for new Corsas within the Midlands or thereabouts? I live between Derby & Burton on Trent but happy to travel within reason..

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just spotted that the AA do these tyres with the LS stamp, £430 for a pair fitted by mobile fitter inc VAT, £420 if you're an AA member. Sounds OK to me, let you know how I get on.

Mytyres website currently have them as £211 each fitted. If you don't fancy one of their fitters then you can at least challenge one of the recommended places from this thread armed with this price info. 

Depends how desperate you are. If you keep an eye on camskill they occasionally drop their prices. I got two for £270 couple of months ago. Also try oponeo

currently £183 each on camskill

Edited by RedViper

Interesting and very large price variations quoted so far for Corsa rear tyres (LS); egs, Lotus Silverstone £225+fitting+VAT per tyre, Central & JCT both quoted as per the Lotus list price £643 per tyre inc VAT & fitting!  Camskill £187 per tyre delivered inc VAT, Blackcircles £216 per tyre inc VAT & fitting.

Not sure what is happening with the high Lotus list price quoted, thought it must be for Trofeos or something exotic but they said not.

You chaps had similar experience ?

True dat.

On the wheel weights though, stick some aluminium foil tape over them to make sure they stay put, and if they don't, you can see. So maybe the trick is to get some black foil tape, for stealth like.

20 minutes ago, JohnnySC said:

Thanks for the info, sounds very similar to the quote I got from Lotus Silverstone (£540 + fitting); looks like you've got free fitting.

So even assuming you get fitting for free your still paying Lotus £170 to fit tyres for you?... with two tyres delivered from Camskill costing you £370 currently.:sofa:

Yes Chris that's so; in the last hour I've just had 2 Corsa LS rear tyres fitted by AA Tyre services by mobile fitter in my garage, £420 all in, and they did an excellent job. I did keep a close eye on the whole process.