free hit
counters
S1 Esprit TAC 101R - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Chris Brigstock

S1 Esprit TAC 101R

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF. I imagine things like photos, reg and chassis numbers would help.

Hi Chris, maybe still around. If so someone may know.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

According to the DVLA it has been off the road since 1998. Probably sleeping in a barn somewhere...

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

There are private investigators out there that will trace a car for you to find out who the registered keeper currently is. I suspect they have 'friends' in the police with access to the computer database. When I enquired it was about £300 but I didn't go ahead with it.

You can ask the DVLA for information on registered keeper if you have a valid reason. Previous ownership of the car and trying to trace it may be considered vaild as the car has been off the road for some time. It can't hurt to ask.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

there is a cost involved.

:) 

EDIT - Just looked at their guidance notes and it seems you won't be able to get the info of owners subsequent to you. :( 

It's getting there......

No, they won't release info. on owners but I did hear you can ask them to pass on a written letter to the registered keeper for you. That way they haven't released the info and the registered keeper has the option of not responding. Not sure if that's true but I'm sure I didn't dream it!!

Although the DVLA shows it was last used in 1998,  prices sadly not that high back then as they are now it may of been stripped and sold on as parts as some people never used to bother filling the v5 in saying it had been dismantled.  I wish you luck on finding the car and hope it is sleeping in a barn somewhere or been restored by someone at the moment.. :)

Also just though what happens if this car was put on a private plate many years ago, does it still register the details if you put in the old reg number ? 

A

Welcome to TLF Chris. :welcome:

I would also suggest putting any info up on here as someone may know its whereabouts from the numbers etc. Can't hurt to ask the DVLA if they will forward a letter on to the current owner. They can only say no.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bumpersticker2.jpg

Sounds good David. Whereabouts are you in the UK?

We all look forward to the pictures and the story.

9 hours ago, David M. said:

Hi all, I've just joined the forum & picked up on this thread. I come bearing good news regarding TAC 101R. This Series1 Esprit has been part of my life on & off for several decades since March 1983 & after a long period of inactivity due to restoration work including a nine year spell in the republic of Ireland it is about to be put back on the road in the UK again. I'll follow this up with more details & photos soon.

Cool let's have some pictures :)

Amazing.

I love this forum.

It’s like a car dating app. 

Sudders and Dany

You did swipe right on an S2 via TLF, love at first (web)site! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Hi

Thats great news.I am so pleased my old Esprit is still in existence.

I would love to see her .Any chance you could give me a ring on 07952 887444?

chris b

On 18/01/2019 at 10:05, Bibs said:

You did swipe right on an S2 via TLF, love at first (web)site! 

As a matter of fact I did! (Is right, like?).

Sudders and Dany

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:26, Suddabym said:

Amazing.

I love this forum.

It’s like a car dating app. 

Tremendous Vehicles  Reunited .....hang on , that's not right

• Haha 1

On 17/01/2019 at 23:02, David M. said:

Hi all, I've just joined the forum & picked up on this thread. I come bearing good news regarding TAC 101R. This Series1 Esprit has been part of my life on & off for several decades since March 1983 & after a long period of inactivity due to restoration work including a nine year spell in the republic of Ireland it is about to be put back on the road in the UK again. I'll follow this up with more details & photos soon.

Welcome @David M.