free hit
counters
2bular "Road" system fitted! - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2bular "Road" system fitted!

So after a looong wait I received the elusive 2bular valved system (100mm Carbon) from Jim. Delivered straight to Bell & Colvill where my car was in for a new blower motor and new tyres (rear Trofeos barely lasted 4k miles!).

ek4080.jpg

rrrte9.jpg

33bebli.jpg

So to my surprise, the design of the carbon tips have changed from these (picture humbly stolen from quantum2000):

sm8ydc.jpg

Good job the news ones also look great!

25fkh6x.jpg

A massive thanks to everyone who contributed in the other ongoing thread ("Track" system), a lot of helpful info and pictures. Also thanks to Simon (aka Smuzzy) who went out of his way to send me a bunch of pictures of his exhaust) :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very short video of a road 2bular. Took forever to upload on Vimeo....I open the valve on the button.  

The carbon is just a cover on top of the stainless steel pipes, so I don't think it's got anything to do with decibels.. Valve open it really is loud. I think he's just altered the design of the tips

I've just had a 2bular exhaust fitted too-it really is Jekyll and Hyde! When the valve is closed, it emits a slightly louder/deeper sound than standard.  When the valve is open, stand back f

Posted Images

Nice they do make a lovely noise :)  Be interesting to see it fitted with that tip design, have to say they'll blacken up rather quickly.  I did a Gopro vid of mine at the weekend and will try and post up tonight.

Black n gold

Nice.

Interesting the design of the carbon tip has changed. maybe it was a cost / decibel cutting measure?

Jim doesn't seem to find time to comment lately but be interested to understand the rationale for the change as an owner of previous gen system.

• Gold FFM

Lovely aRRSSSe in that last picture. Really shows of the LF1 nice.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, Chrisc said:

Very nice! Bet it certainly sounds different now! 

And the tips look the same as my Komotec ones now! Just no writing. 

Thanks, yes it does sound very different! Just had a look at Komo-tec's site, I didn't realise the tips are almost exactly the same!

2ah5fcw.jpg

Haha I guess that answers the question about why the design change.....

14 minutes ago, Stubox said:

RRSSS you obviously live in the very posh bit of Surrey as even the road outside the house is block paved... :)  

haha private driveway :)

• Gold FFM

I believe Jim (2bular) and the owner of Komo-Tec are quite close friends and I think Jim has been involved with their header / exhaust designs etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

That does sound the nuts! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sweet!

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Yup, new exhaust arrived. Not the tips I ordered as apparently he had run out of stock of the ones I had actually bought and sourced replacements from komo-tec.

He has offered to replace them once he gets stock of the correct ones, which I am grateful for.  

Looking forward to getting it on the car on Friday. 

Edited by Steve Banks
more info
  • Like 1

2015 Orange Exige V6

4 hours ago, Steve Banks said:

Yup, new exhaust arrived. Not the tips I ordered as apparently he had run out of stock of the ones I had actually bought and sourced replacements from komo-tec.

He has offered to replace them once he gets stock of the correct ones, which I am grateful for.  

Looking forward to getting it on the car on Friday. 

Has he mentioned how long till he gets stock again? I'm not sure I'd change mine to be honest, it seems to be growing on me

He said it would be a few weeks.

I had the exhaust installed yesterday. :) Wow, sounds incredible. Turns out the unit that controls the valves etc is installed the wrong way round on my car, so it took a while to figure out how to get the valves working, but once we did, my lord what a sound!.

Quick question to others who have installed it: My car has been tuned by SSC. When driving in sport mode, the valve seems to open automatically (even when set to closed on the dash) at 2500rpm. This means the valve is opening and closing quite a bit between loud and quiet whenever I change gear etc... is this the same for others?

I always drive the car in sport mode (tour mode keeps the valve closed all the time) so I'm having to adjust my driving style so the valve isn't opening closing every time i change gear.... 

2015 Orange Exige V6

5 hours ago, swanny71 said:

Valve always open in Sport mode on the Exige isn't it? I don't have Race mode or the exhaust override button (yet) so mine could be different.

Word on the street is: 

Sport Mode: EPV opens from medium throttle applications/engine speeds, vs high throttle applications/engine speeds for Touring