free hit
counters
2bular "Road" system fitted! - Page 2 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2bular "Road" system fitted!

If 2 posts above is an option, I'd go with the CF tip. That can tip looks horrendous. I wouldn't opt for something like that if it made the car make a cup of coffee when I wanted one.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very short video of a road 2bular. Took forever to upload on Vimeo....I open the valve on the button.  

The carbon is just a cover on top of the stainless steel pipes, so I don't think it's got anything to do with decibels.. Valve open it really is loud. I think he's just altered the design of the tips

I've just had a 2bular exhaust fitted too-it really is Jekyll and Hyde! When the valve is closed, it emits a slightly louder/deeper sound than standard.  When the valve is open, stand back f

Posted Images

On 30 August 2016 at 13:02, Stubox said:

Nice they do make a lovely noise :)  Be interesting to see it fitted with that tip design, have to say they'll blacken up rather quickly.  I did a Gopro vid of mine at the weekend and will try and post up tonight.

The inside of the pipes do blacken up.. Here's a pic of it yesterday back in its "home" in Hethel :)

6yicg1.jpg

Ok, that makes sense. Just wondering if anyone has been picked up for this being too loud out on the street? I had the valve open yesterday and a very angry woman was yelling at me. I didn't wait around long enough to continue the discussion 

2015 Orange Exige V6

How did you know if she was yelling? Thought the exhaust noise would have drowned her out? :devil:

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Some critics are really good at miming.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

On 2 September 2016 at 09:28, Steve Banks said:

He said it would be a few weeks.

I had the exhaust installed yesterday. :) Wow, sounds incredible. Turns out the unit that controls the valves etc is installed the wrong way round on my car, so it took a while to figure out how to get the valves working, but once we did, my lord what a sound!.

Quick question to others who have installed it: My car has been tuned by SSC. When driving in sport mode, the valve seems to open automatically (even when set to closed on the dash) at 2500rpm. This means the valve is opening and closing quite a bit between loud and quiet whenever I change gear etc... is this the same for others?

I always drive the car in sport mode (tour mode keeps the valve closed all the time) so I'm having to adjust my driving style so the valve isn't opening closing every time i change gear.... 

Steve, I'm in Adelaide and put my system on about 2 weeks before yours.  Mine is operating exactly the same.  Absolutely love mine and as my car is not a daily driver, I use it with the Valve open most of the time because I like the noise.  Here's some pics (Stainless Tips) and a sound clip:

2Bular V6 Exige Valved (reduced size).jpeg

Angled View 1 (S).JPG

2Bular V6 Exige (Valved).mp3

Awesome! Yeah, I've not been able to drive mine as she is in for a aircon/heater box transplant, can't wait to get her back tomorrow!.

Interesting that you drive with the valve always open.. Are you concerned at all that its too loud and will be picked up by the cops? 

2015 Orange Exige V6

Then I'm "at the ready" to flick it back to "Tour" mode !   I like the sound so much that I got sick and tired of pressing the bypass switch every time I start the car, so I made an electronic automatic bypass switch trigger that fires 30 seconds after I start the car regardless of which mode I'm in.  Ofcourse I can turn that off if I need to.

Also Steve, if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend buying some heat resistant tubing to sleeve over the blue vacuum line.  The new vacuum line is a bit longer than the old one and as a precaution it would be best to sleeve it.  I just bought a length of it on Ebay for about $10.  You could probably get away without it but for only a few bucks I thought it a good idea.

Edited by Aussie
  • 1 month later...

Well, after listening to the clip I had to have one. Fitted at Oakmere during a service. Quality and service EXCELLENT.... but what a noise... FanFekingTastic...

And a pleasure to deal with a proper gent too. When the warranty is up I'll be back for the headers... :)

cheers

Mark

fullsizeoutput_680.jpeg

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:08, Mark030358 said:

Well, after listening to the clip I had to have one. Fitted at Oakmere during a service. Quality and service EXCELLENT.... but what a noise... FanFekingTastic...

And a pleasure to deal with a proper gent too. When the warranty is up I'll be back for the headers... :)

cheers

Mark

fullsizeoutput_680.jpeg

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

I think it looks like you have the end tips pushed too far on in this pic as you can see inner pipes through end. I don't think it will make any difference like apart from to the OCD police :ermm:

Edited by RedViper

Trying to upload a video... says I can only load a & Meg file ??? help..

And yes, tip now adjuted out :)

We're not a video hosting site mate, it takes up too much room. Try youtube and add the link back here. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Cheers bibs, thanks for that....

OK so here goes a link to my Photobucket account, two videos at the top with Jim's spectacular exhaust....

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/mark030358/library/Exige?sort=3&page=1

cheers

Mark

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just had a 2bular exhaust fitted too-it really is Jekyll and Hyde!

When the valve is closed, it emits a slightly louder/deeper sound than standard. 

When the valve is open, stand back for some antics! The sound is borderline antisocial, with massive cracks on the overrun. Get on the throttle hard, and you will be heard in the next suburb!

One issue I have though is that the valve seems to open much earlier than standard in Sport mode...is it because of different vacuum readings due to the new exhaust?

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I apologize if by chance you have already talked about this ... maybe I did not read the script ...

Can anyone confirm that the exhaust 2bular the ( from ) Evora S (closed / open) is good also for the Exige V6 ?

If so, can someone tell me his experience ... (which model, photos, video noise or link where I can read ...)

Thanks so much :welcome:

nope, not that hard ! if you don't have a lift, you can do it on ramps (I did) ... few bolts to unscrew (don't forget the two allen ones that are just above the exhaust pipe !), some clamps to loosen (apply some WD40 before, it helps) ... and a lot of force to apply to take out the inserted pipe !

when refitting, open a bit the pipe that comes outside the other, some grease may help the anal process. As the backbox is quite heavy, I advice you to fit one of the bushes on the right (from rear view), it will hang the box a bit when you're trying to insert the pipe ! if it's not a valved exhaust, you can pinch the vaccum hose there, with a tie strap ...

B&C fitted mine for around £150, as mentioned there was an issue with the solenoid for the valve soon after (valve was not responding when button was pushed), but a quick trip back to B&C sorted it!