free hit
counters
Esprit on Channel 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Esprit on Channel 5

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Friday, 2nd September at 8pm - "Cars That Made Britain Great" - 1st episode features the Austin Healey 3000 and the Esprit,  .

Was good but a bit short - great to see the footage of the silver Turbo Esprit driven by Margaret Thatcher........where did they find that?! Pretty sure that was Colin Chapman's car before he made the

Forget the esprit - did he get to dip into Jodie’s pants ??

Posted Images

Nice find David - now set to record. Let's hope the programme does the car justice. Is someone staying quiet knowing their precious car will be on TV?:secret:

I seem to recall that's a car we sourced on here for the show...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Was good but a bit short - great to see the footage of the silver Turbo Esprit driven by Margaret Thatcher........where did they find that?! Pretty sure that was Colin Chapman's car before he made the modifications. 

• Like 2
On 31 August 2016 at 19:50, Alfa2Evora said:

Friday, 2nd September at 8pm - "Cars That Made Britain Great" - 1st episode features the Austin Healey 3000 and the Esprit, :thumbsup: .

Phew!....just caught it on +1 ?

The programme was OK, but I had no idea who most of the talking heads were.

Would have been nice to see the Esprit being driven today - as most of the other examples were.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Tim Shaw off Car SOS, his wife sold his Esprit on eBay for I think something like £2 after he asked Jodie Marsh to marry him on his radio show. 

But I don't get Channel 5.....

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

13 hours ago, Dan E said:

Tim Shaw off Car SOS, his wife sold his Esprit on eBay for I think something like £2 after he asked Jodie Marsh to marry him on his radio show. 

I didn't realise that was the same bloke - I always thought he was a bit of a cock.

I liked it when they asked some bloke about a car he knew nothing about to tell us that the windows only went down an inch. Why do they do that?

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

8 hours ago, Andyww said:

No mention of Marina door handles which was a bonus as every single press article ever mentions them.

...............and if its an Essex - every single article uses the word 'garish'.......................... They obviously needed B-)

Edited by nello
  • Gold FFM

My v8 was at my mates garage in Bromyard - he pointed out the door handles were the same as on the Isuzu pick up,parked across the way!!

• Like 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

My v8 was at my mates garage in Bromyard - he pointed out the door handles were the same as on the Isuzu pick up,parked across the way!!

Hope no journalists are reading this :)

Why would Isuzu choose to use a Lotus door handle? <_<

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Watched this last night.  Disappointingly short especially the footage of Maggie in the driving seat.  What I did notice however is the car which I understand was Colin Chapmans personal car, had a  registration only 5 numbers away from mine but also noticed the car had a black nose badge.  I was always led to believe this was used after Colin Chapman died but unless Im very much mistaken he was very much positioned next to Maggie in the passenger seat.  Im not aware of any Lotus racing drivers leaving us around this time so wondering if anyone can enlighten us further on this subject?

On 9/4/2016 at 05:33, Iconic Ride said:

Why would Isuzu choose to use a Lotus door handle? <_<

The M100 Elan uses an Isuzu engine and I think Isuzu is one of the many companies Lotus developed suspension for. They're not a bad car, I don't think there are any bad cars these days, just ones that inspire less than others.