free hit
counters
New member from East Lothian, Scotland - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New member from East Lothian, Scotland

D.J.

Hi all

Thought I would sign up here having just bought an Evora.  I have been on Scottish Elises for about 9 years, having previously owned an S2 111s and an Exige S 240 PP, and recognise one or two names from there.  Since Saturday however, I am the owner of a 2010 NA 2+2 Evora in ice white.  

Had a good look through the Evora section and already helped me answer one or two early questions. I expect it to be a good source of info as I continue to learn about the car.

Cheers!

image.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Lovely looking car and welcome to the NA fold. The best of the best by far ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Welcome to TLF Dickson. :welcome:

Very nice. The guys on here will definitely have most answers you are looking for.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Welcome to TLF. Looks great in SR trim :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Welcome Dickson. Great choice of car, and as Andrew say's. Hope to see her in the flesh at some of our meeting's. There is a great group of guy's down your neck of the wood's who have regular meet's.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF.

Intrigued in how you ended up with the Evora... I find it fascinating to read people's thought processes.

Looks great, hope you enjoy it as much as we all have our own :)

Thanks all for the warm welcomes.  I am sure you all spotted it isn't full SR trim; mirrors and front splitter still showing the paintwork, but I like it as key parts for me are roof and side pods.  Just noticed I left the front compartment that houses the washer top-up open when I took the pic.  Sometimes Lotus panel joins aren't the best but not as bad as that!

9 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Intrigued in how you ended up with the Evora... I find it fascinating to read people's thought processes.

Dave - I bought an Elise 10 years ago and started to get the track bug.  After going around Knockhill plenty of times I wanted something faster, better, more raw etc. so moved to the Exige S.  But during ownership I had continued back problems.  Not putting this down to the car, but I am quite sure it wasn't helping.  When you approach roundabouts on dual carriageways that have the painted lines across the road to make you aware, it felt like I was losing my fillings in the Exige, so I can only guess what it was doing to my back.  So, wanting to stick with the Lotus brand and having lost enthusiasm for track days, I have bought the Evora.  

• Gold FFM

I took my Evora on Knockhill for my first ever track day this year and loved it.

Wife has just given me the Ok to buy an Elise so I am planning on a lot more track days next year, in the Evora and the Elise!  Whoo hoo, getting old has never been so much fun.

Your Evora would love Knockhill....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yes, but after the Exige S, the Evora is going to feel slow in comparison!

I know of an extremely well looked after S2 Elise in central Scotland that isn't on the market at the moment but owner looking to sell.  Does this forum have PMs/U2U's?  If not, you can PM me on SE if you want more info.

Welcome to the forum! Anything you need please don't hesitate to ask a mod!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

15 hours ago, D.J. said:

oes this forum have PMs/U2U's?

Top right, little envelope or hover over a users name and you'll see a pop up box with an option to send a message.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.