free hit
counters
3. The Progress & Plans Thread! - Page 3 - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bibs

3. The Progress & Plans Thread!

OK Guys and Girls....!!!!

Bibs has asked me to "coordinate" ;):thumbup::sofa::pizza::rant:

Sorry where was I????

Oh yeah... coordinated people.........!!!! God that man is a comedian.....

Not spoken to Troy so dont know who has voulanteered directly to him as of yet... appart from those who have already posted on here....

As Bibs said in the e-mail he sent out ot you all, I have accomodation for several people.... It aint no palace or a swanky hotel, but it does have hot running water and a fridge for storing lots of beer......

Several bedrooms, not many beds, so mostly gonna be air beds, sofas, tents, n stuff like that, whatever takes your fancy I guess.

Troy obviously takes up one of the spaces as do I.... We'll be in the beds I'm guessing... Yes that is seperate beds....

I have another 2 x spare rooms, although no beds, so blow ups it is sorry peeps.... I also have 2 x large and comfy sofas, great for sleeping on.... and a garden that can fit a few tents in....

I guess space is gonna be on a first come first served basis so if your looking to stay, get in touch very soon... a cheap hotel is just around the corner if your looking for a more comfy nights sleep....

If you want to stay I need to know what nights your gonna be sleeping over so I can slot people in as and when a place comes available.... dont want to double book and have you all sleeping with each other now do i...!!!!

There is a pub directly next door to the house and a further 2 within a few hundreds yards of my door so if things get a little tough we can always retire for a pint and some discussions.... a good chipshop and chineese and a fab pizza delivery place not too far away...

I've got a line on somewhere to get shot blasting done, just got to speak to them to see if they will let us use the machine to do our own bits as they seem to be well busy..... several small garages very close by incase we need some extra oomph, presses etc..... I could also take some bits to work, about 30mins away if need be, where we can use a pillar drill and press..... think we've pretty much got everything we could possibly need on my door step so no real big worries I'm hoping....

My contact details as follows...

Mobile: Deleted (No heavy breathing please..!!!)

Address where the work is taking place : Deleted (Please feel free to send all naughty mag subscriptions to this address....)

I'll be e-mailable until monday, after that time its best to phone as I aint got t-internet at my house....

If we could sort out delivery of the car Sunday it'd be appreciated as I've gotta be in Birmingham for a meeting on Monday which I can't get out off...!!!!

When you make contact it'd be appreciated if you could let me know of any special skills you may have which may come in useful during the project....

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Mate, Far too short notice for me. Need at least a month to sort anytime off (and not lose business).

OK Guys and Girls....!!!!

Bibs has asked me to "coordinate" :sofa::thumbup:;):pizza::rant:

Sorry where was I????

Oh yeah... coordinated people.........!!!! Got that man is a comedian.....

Hi Simon,

sorry for being a bit dim but could you spell out from which date to which date you would like people to come and help?

cheers

Alex

Here's the email I sent out yesterday in case you haven't got it yet :thumbup:

As most of you know we're helping Bigsi get his car back in the shape a man like him requires it, ie working! We've got the parts, we've got the location (Cardiff) and we've got the worlds' smallest mechanic. All we need now is some help.

Our very own tiny mechanic Troy Halliday will be picking the car up this weekend with a view to starting to strip it down during the week. The following weekend (21st & 22nd April) if you are free, please get in touch with Simon350s as the car will be at his house, in his garage. Troy need cleaners, prep people, tea people, photo people, spare hands, spare legs, anything you can offer. All we need is a bit of time and many hands make light work and all that.

Depending on timings, we may also need people for the following weekend, please feel free to volunteer for that too and if you can spare any time during the weeks, all the better.

There is a limited amount of accommodation at Simon350s' pad with a very local pub and takeaways, please get in touch with him to confirm.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far towards the project. It's going to be an amazing car when it's done. Thanks to those special people for the parts and thanks to erm, my mum and dad and stuff!

There is a secret special section on the forum here with all the details.

Happy hooning :-)

Bibs

Is the plan still handover at Oxford meet or Castle Coombe?

Depending on if it's finished, hopefully so or we'll go with the original plan of a castle based handover :thumbup:

Guest Troy Halliday

Yeah guys sorry for the excelerated time scale. But I have just started a new job and believe me they were not to impressed that I was having two weeks of when they got me in to fill a new contract they have got. I am having to take these weeks unpaid so you can imagine this is costing me quite a lot in lost wages. I think that is why I am working nights at the moment with a 2 hour journey to Brighton Marina every night and morning, just there little way of punishing me. :thumbup:

During the week I will be stripping he car to bits so there will be plenty to do for those of you who turn up at the weekend. Ready for me to put it all back together over the following week. ;)

Slight hitch folks.

Everything Troy wanted from Frost's is ordered apart from the Metal Ready which is out of stock with a 7-10 day waiting time. :)

:)Has anyone got some Metal Ready lying around that they could donate or sell to the cause?

Troy reckons he'll be stripping most of the week (calm down girls!), so by the weekend there should be plenty of bits waiting to be treated before the POR-15 goes on.

Hope you can help,

Phil

Simon/Troy

I'm looking to come down eve of Sun 22nd April and stay through to Wed 25th April. Is this OK? Do you have bed/floor space (I'll have a sleeping bag)? Do you need me to pick up/bring anything from the NW area?

Hi Troy/Simon,

I will quite likely be turning up late Friday 20th or Early 21st and bring a sleeping bag if that is ok?

Anything needed in particular from this side of town? Hilly doesn't live far from me and iirc was donating some bits - i'm Surrey/Middlesex.

Regards,

Rog

Hey all

Thanks to all who have e-mailed, been mental and now off for a deserved beer.

All ready at mine.....

Garage emptied and cleaned & drive organised as best as poss to help make everything work....

SP_A1035.jpg

SP_A1037.jpg

SP_A1036.jpg

BBQs cleaned and ready..... bottles full...!!!!

Bring it on....!!!!!

Will get back in touch with all who have e-mailed me so far.

Those who have requested accomodation, your all booked up...!!!!!

Speak tomorrow.....

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

Rob 350, said you might need a hand moving the Car! I would be glad to offer my services. I have a transporter if needed and live in Mid Glamorgan.

Regards

Andy S, Quantum Mechanics Ltd.

Cheers Andy

Speak more tomorrow......

Right Guys and Dolls

Here is the accomodation rosta so far.....

Made an assumption with you Jon as Bibs said you guys may be sharing the journey..... Dont feel obliged just let me know either way.....

Accom-1.jpg

Keep the requests flowing in everyone, the more the merrier........

Simon

Edited by Simon350S

I don't think I'm gonna be able to make the whole weekend...probably only Sunday BUT I would be around Monday too, if you need any 'party clearer uppers' or last minute jobs finishing.

Should I bring a hoover + chamois etc? :)

I'll continue loitering on this thread until I know for sure when I'll be around.

dont know about anyone else Simon, but the accom pic hasnt come out, so this should be it :)

Accom.jpg

oo oo, just noticed, mine should be fri and sat, not sure about sunday though.

Edited by Dodgy

Cheers Andy

Speak more tomorrow......

Right Guys and Dolls

Here is the accomodation rosta so far.....

Made an assumption with you Jon as Bibs said you guys may be sharing the journey..... Dont feel obliged just let me know either way.....

Accom-1.jpg

Keep the requests flowing in everyone, the more the merrier........

Simon

Hi Simon,

I can come down this weekend if you are still in need of an extra pair of hands. My parents have agreed to take my two kids for the weekend leaving me free. However I will have to leave early on Sunday, as I need to get back to Middlewich in cheshire and then drive my two back to their mum's in leicestershire. A bit of a balls ache of driving lots of miles on sunday.

Would it be ok to travel down friday evening after work or would you prefer me to set off early doors saturday? The esprit is parked up until I get my leaking transmission seal fixed on the 2nd may so I will likely be in my volvo (maybe my bike if going to be sunny all weekend). Would I need to bring a sleeping bag down? If you are full up next week end I could always do the weekend after if so I need to know so that I can rearrange my volvo service.

Either pop us a PM or call on 0784355186

cheers

Alex

Rob 350, said you might need a hand moving the Car! I would be glad to offer my services. I have a transporter if needed and live in Mid Glamorgan.

Regards

Andy S, Quantum Mechanics Ltd.

Legend, many thanks Andy :rant:

Hopefully will still be able to get there on fri morning, have hit a slight problem.

cooling systems in cars and Me just don't get on, the omega kept blowing its cap off, the Loti cut through its own water pipe, and now ......

the radiator in the Honda blew out - there was a jet of water reaching 4ft from the front of the car when i got home tonight :geek:

i have ordered a new rad from advanced radiators which should be here by wednesday (hopefully) if it is , it should be fitted on the same day and with any luck, there was no other damage done. :D

will let you know as soon as its done.

bl##dy cars :rant:

[edit] after a industrial size bottle of rad weld, it got me to work ok, the trip home wasn't bad - but at one point it looked like it was spitting with rain , only on me though :)

when i got home, as soon as i switched the engine off, it came out like a water cannon and emptied the rad over the drive. so it looks like a few days off now as i have no transport, i still havn't had a conformation from the rad place

Edited by Dodgy

I'm just on the 'phone to Troy in Wales.

So far today, the engine is out, fuel tanks are out, bumper is off and everything is going really well. The engine and gearbox are split and the engine clean is started plus the pods are out.

If anyone can please get hold of some:

3 x Red Crinkle paint

1 x POR15 - Black

From Frosts it would be most appreciated :P

Also, we need a good supply of stainless nuts and bolts if anyone has an assortment spare, plus stainless jubilee clips.

Please PM or post below if you can help.

Erm, 10.30pm update!

Rear suspension is off, just working on the front!

:P

Hardcore...! :D

Might have a work around for the metal ready - I've got a large tank and some huge iron anodes and I'm trying to get rust off using electrolysis atm. Metal ready cost

:P no sign of the radiator yet, so as yet - its still looking dodgy for me for friday :D

:P no sign of the radiator yet, so as yet - its still looking dodgy for me for friday :D

Want me to pick you up Dave on Friday evening? I am returning Sunday AM?

Alex