free hit
counters
Did Chapman ever meet Senna? - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Did Chapman ever meet Senna?

One of the great 'what-if's' IMO is if Colin had lived a few years more he would have seen Ayrton in F1..................... I have always considered that it could have led to another Colin/Jimmy-type partnership - who knows what could have happened. However I then realised that Ayrton first came to the UK in 1981 so there was a possibility the two were aware / could have met? Anyone know?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Senna arrived in the UK, he raced Formula Ford for Ralph Firman's Van Diemen outfit, here in Norfolk. He raced for Van Diemen for a couple of seasons so it is more than probable that he would hav

Intresting Neil, had never though about this myself as always presumed they would of met each other, but looking at the dates you may be correct, very sad indeed if they did not and agree they would of probably bonded pretty well. That said i do not personally senna was the same as Jimmy  as senna had a very good relationship with mclaren and still left when the cars stopped winning to move to another team. :yes:

A

When Senna arrived in the UK, he raced Formula Ford for Ralph Firman's Van Diemen outfit, here in Norfolk. He raced for Van Diemen for a couple of seasons so it is more than probable that he would have crossed paths with Colin Chapman at some point. He lived in Norfolk for most of this time and I know he hung out with some of the Team Lotus mechanics during that time before, of course, signing to drive in 1985.

• Like 1

I've always believed that having Senna driving for him would have got Chapman's creative juices flowing agian and who knows what new things nhe would have come up with.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE