free hit
counters
Lightweight rear lid anyone...? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Rancid

Lightweight rear lid anyone...?

Quite like it

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I do believe it'll only cost you around a mere 1500 of your European Great British Poinds

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Nothing European about our great british pounds and once we leave we can go back to LBS an ounces to really confuse the young ipod generation. Can't wait.

Still looks like a really nice rear cover, shame they do not do one for the Evora too.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I am not sure I like it... it makes the car to look similar to the Exige S2 what is not bad but it looses its original design... I dont know...

I would need to see it "in person" before buy it

I can tell you that this light motor cover is really very nice and well done ... it's pretty much the same as what is used for the      CUP R.
You can have a carbon fiber or fiberglass ...

You can keep the original rear wing or put that type "wing"

You can contact Eltech Motorsport in Italy (Facebook) are always available ... will give you all the information you want.

@ C8RKH: You try asking why they do also pieces on request

@ Dani: when you see it, you like ... and then does not warm up the inside of the engine

Link Catalogue: 35 pages onwards Exige V6

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tu8sp1087des8lj/AABPnyU2mQes2RXJKdE_eqLsa/Catalogo 3° Exige-Elise S1-S2-S3.pdf?dl=0

Er, I'm guessing it's not very rain friendly even with the wire mesh in the other pictures...

Is that rear lid hinged, or do you have to remove it every time?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

it is just so Thomas (Ja, stimmt !!) ... see in the picture at the time of installation (just replace the other with the same attacks and hinges).

589058aaadf6e_-ELTECHMIO8.jpg.477714818e881de7945dbb5d0752b7af.jpg589058b8dc904_-ELTECHMIO13a.jpg.2dcbfae4c51d41746e57012feb417e58.jpg

• Like 1

I'm looking at getting the CF version too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but does the angle of the slats go downward? The one of the 350 is pretty flat which doesn't encourage water to go in. I'm concerned that this might. 

Eltech has confirmed to me that they have already been constructed and assembled several but no one has ever had problems with the water.

Ryan, I think we can assume that with any vented rear engine cover, Sport 350 style, original glass windowed style or this Eltech design, if it rains, the engine bay is getting wet. The original glass version has plastic mesh either side, but will let the least in. The Eltech one probably lets the most  in, but with any wind from the rear, the Sport 350 slats are going to let rain in. I don't think that's a real problem though, most car engine bays end up fairly wet, certainly when driving in heavy rain.

Now the question really is how well does it seal on the boot rubber? By the looks of it, they've copied the profile of the stock boot lid part, so it should seal OK.

All right ...Martyn ... what you wrote: it is clear that the water runs off with the speed ... while at standstill, even with the glass lid (as you say), on either side enters the water.

He is well sealed since it was built from the basis of the original: where there is the trunk, and we put our things covers them and supports exactly where there's seal

If necessary, write and ask  to Eltech for security.