free hit
counters
S1 to 400 First impressions - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S1 to 400 First impressions

Colin P

8 hours ago, DJW said:

From memory my S1 S version  in Sports mode always used to tick over 200 rpm higher than touring.  Almost as though the mode was just always slightly on the throttle more.   On the 400 Auto I press the Sports button  as soon as I get in the car and use the paddles in manual mode, so have rarely used "normal" mode. 

From memory the Recaros felt better and lower, but it was 3 years ago.  I dare not sit back in a S1 just in case I do prefer the older seats 

Christ I manage to clean all 4 wheels in less than 5 mins :lol:

I'm worse than that - in 12 months I think I've cleaned the whole car only twice!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

@DanChantler the difference between the three modes seems mostly to be in the TC settings, throttle response doesn't feel much different to me at all. Obviously race and sport give you the extra 400 revs, which is nice. Race also idles a bit higher.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

@JayEmm - exactly what I thought. I guess in the S1 it was more about the throttle response than the TC. I noticed too the Race setting had the idling around 1k whereas Sport and Tour was well under the 1k mark.

Good stuff - that's put my mind to rest!

Cheers!

• Gold FFM

@anthonyyule worry yea not about the auto box, fantastic, but it seems that I'm not the only one that immediately puts it in manual.

@DanChantler in the auto it changes many of the setting, both in auto and manual mode, so does feel quite different. When not in sport it will also drop out of manual after 20 seconds. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

13 hours ago, Colin P said:

@anthonyyule worry yea not about the auto box, fantastic, but it seems that I'm not the only one that immediately puts it in manual.

@DanChantler in the auto it changes many of the setting, both in auto and manual mode, so does feel quite different. When not in sport it will also drop out of manual after 20 seconds. 

good to hear!