free hit
counters
Film 'Remakes' - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Film 'Remakes'

mayevora

What is it with the recent string of Classic Film remakes being released at the moment? How can you possibly improve on perfection with the likes of Ben Hur and the Magnificent Seven.

I can already take a guess the chariot race in Ben Hur will be all CGI which is never as good as live action. Every Actor (bar possibly 1) was/is an acting legend from the Magnificent Seven - that original Film and cast was and still is Genius. Another just made a remake of the Classic 70's -  Westworld, has also just been released. Very futuristic when made in the early 70s

Running out of original ideas I would say.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When they remake Back to the Future I'm boycotting cinema forever! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They say that it is down to not enough script writers at the moment, hence remakes and prequels, blade runner 2, back to the future is on the cards also, along with many others, even talk of a reboot of Logans run.  I just wish they would remake cannon ball run....... :blush:

A

Ben Hur was a proper man's driver. None of your namby-pamby crash barriers, and run-off areas for old Ben. Only 4 horsepower instead of 700, and I bet he never had a fire-extinguisher, either. If a wheel bearing overheated on his chariot, he just pissed on it and carried on.

Today's F1 drivers don't know they're born.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

And there was a VW camper van in the background during the race! Bet they don't reproduce that! Basteds!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

When they remake Back to the Future I'm boycotting cinema forever! 

Ive seen it already and it was not as good as the original...

• Like 1

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

• Gold FFM

I recently saw the new Ghostbusters. It wasn't bad, but nowhere as good as the original. A good thing they kept lots of references and had cameo's of the original cast.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 minute ago, Escape said:

It wasn't bad

The press weren't so kind! It got slated! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I might have been a bit biased due to the excellent company I got to enjoy. B-)

But to be fair, there were some good jokes that got a lot of honest laughter from the audience.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

It's when they show up on the telly that I get annoyed...."High Noon"..."Stagecoach"...how they had the gall to remake those I don't know. One looks forward to the original...and the let down is chronic. That shot where the camera zooms in on the Ringo Kid in Stagecoach...no zoom lenses then, they ran the camera down an inclined track with the cameraman focussing like crazy. Never been done before...first time audiences must have freaked!! Or whatever they did, back then....bloody remakes.......

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Not a remake but I'd like to see a movie version of this old series. Lot of humorous  material in this parody of allied prisoners in Germany back then. Hasn't been done due to legal challenges over who owns the copyright.

DanR

How can you possibly remake Porridge? 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

The Italian Job (2003) is a good example of why remakes don't work.  Terrible script and wooden acting, why did they bother.

And Alfie (2004) was a shocker.  Sienna Miller's pretty faces was the only thing that got me through it.

• Like 1