free hit
counters
Project - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Got one! Thanks for all the helpful guidance. Needs work, but what doesn't. Overall pleased with this wet sump car with substancial history, supplied originally from Bell and Coville. Must say if an

Barry it's  not an article but a chart saying what's up and what is down. I will post for you tomorrow. Fabian, went and picked aforementioned son up from his new school today in it. I got mobbed

Whoops - replaced the triumph !! 1995 Bentley brooklands 

Posted Images

With prices rising and projects drying up, It is a rare sight these days to see good projects to get your teeth into, either the prices are too high or like what is happening at the moment the stocks are just drying up as people choose to restore given the recent price rise.  And as you have said  the dealers are getting in there pretty quick these days.  

The only old G car i have seen on ebay recently was an S2 racecar, with no engine/transmission and full of perspex, went for over 6k but obviously to nobody on here as im sure they would of posted. 

Then you have companys such as stocks coachworks that will purchase a few as they are in the buisness, same goes for lotusbits as we all need spare parts ! 

Supply and demand and at the moment the demand has far out weighed the supply :ermm:

A

• Gold FFM

Fabian

i can't do the link but a S2 world championship black and gold has just come up on eBay. It doesn't look anywhere near complete and is f&:King expensive 

cheers 

Danny 

That has got to be the joke of the year :o  That has got to be the most expensive rolling shell i have ever seen for an esprit.  I think maybe an Essex rolling shell could pull it off with paperwork, but as much as i love the s2 and the jps i just do not think they hold the love of some other special edtion models imo.

A

Also just noticed on the front wings just behind the bumper it looks to me as if it has had those american side lights things fitted that i presume are required by American law or something ?  but yet the listing says RHD and i cant see a steering wheel in the picture either due to no interior :ermm:  

• Like 1

A

Yep, think an Esprit price bubble is rapidly forming! It's all getting silly money - kinda reminds me of a certain tulip bubble!

The bulkhead looks a bit ropey? Anything with cruise lights must of had a drive conversion. I installed them on a TR7 once as the body was designed for the American market. The conversion would not be difficult,but one that must be done properly. Don't think this is the one for me. If it is an American car the pride is very optimistic. 

PS if it's a dry sump turbo resto f....the tulips, it's worth it while it lasts! ??????

Edited by Lotusfab
Tyoe

i do not think the esprit is in this kind of bubble price group yet,  I have heard of speculators and a lot of sellers are, but this one is an off world speculator.

As Barry says it needs to come with gold bars in the boxes or maybe the seller things the jps special edtion came with actual 24kt Gold wheels on all four corners.:P   If it was in a magazine/poster print with Collin Chapman sitting on the bonnet i can understand such prices for a jps car, but given the more you look at what little pictures they have provided it seems very hidden, i.e no mention of the LHD conversion, no photos of parts etc.  And the more you look at the bodywork it needs a full repaint, for that money you expect the body to be on fresh paint with all new trimming supplied ready to bolt together. 

A

Bubble or no bubble I want another....... Triumph sold and paid for - now have a space due to become available in the garage very shortly.

this one however won't be gracing the space. Even the catd orange one looks a better buy

Only here once

Yep I know what you mean! It's interesting to follow some cars, because the Esprit market is so small and we have the internet you can trace most of them back two or three months to when they were upto 50 percent cheaper! 

Preloved website has the older adverts for some cars that are now up for sale.

I actually do think there's a bubble starting to grow here. The gains on every esprit must be right up there at the top of the value growth pile. Let's face it - they are still superb value if you look at the same year stable mates of the esprit 

Only here once

Yep that's true, they still are not Stratospheric in comparison with some others. Think the whole classic car market has gone up very quickly in the last few years. Still lots a privilege to own one, but two would be better! 

????

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I did say f&:King expensive!! :lol:

Barry there was a chart in Classic Car mag this month about V8 Esprits going up I think it was 35%. I will dig it out tomorrow for you. Currently though my son has gone away for the night with his new school so my lovely wife and I have just been out for dinner and got back and we have just cracked open a bottle of red (on a Monday night yippee) so it will have to be tomorrow my friend. 

• Like 1

Sadly any value growth doesn't make the pile of receipts for getting her back running any bloody smaller :rofl:

Would love to see that article - cheers - enjoy the wine

• Like 1

Only here once

Reminds me of days past when my boys were still in school, and not yet in possession of their driver's licenses. 

"It's OK, honey, I'll be happy to jump in the Esprit pick up our son from school. No problem, sweetie. I'm off, dear."

(That's right, you sniveling minivan riff raff robots, it's an Esprit. Eat your hearts out.:))

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Wow that's a ridiculous price for a rolling shell.

For purely selfish reasons I hope it's not a sign of Rapidly rising prices. Those selfish reasons being: I've wanted an Esprit since I was a nipper and saw those Bond films (you all know the ones I'm sure...), and much to my great surprise I've recently realised I can actually afford one... Having come to that realisation I'd hate to be priced out before I get near one.