free hit
counters
LED rear indicator issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

LED rear indicator issue

Hi All - hoping someone can help me here. I installed some LEDs for the rear indicators of my Evora (following JayEmm's really useful how to video), literally only took a couple of mins. They look awesome, much brighter. However, I have come across an issue - for example, when I indicate left, on the binnacle the green left arrow flashes but so does the right arrow. On the outside all is well as the correct side indicates and at a normal rate. 

When I put in the original bulb on one side and an LED on the other the binnacle is back to normal. So something to do with the LEDs for sure - but I find it weird all is okay on the outside, it's just on the binnacle where things look strange. Also surprised it works for a 400 but not the S1 Evora.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Az

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had exactly the same  problem. Fortunately, the fix is very easy!

Simply remove the LEDs, and replace with the original bulbs :)

Seriously, I suspect the LEDs I got are of poor quality. I just can't be bothered with buying any more as an experiment.

• Gold FFM

I made a point of buying relatively pricey LEDs (about a tenner), which gauranteed CANBUS compatibility.

There is a good chance it's the brand of bulb you bought, LEDs are notorious for playing havoc with certain cars that come with tungsten bulbs.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

On 13/09/2016 at 09:31, Brendonian said:

I had exactly the same  problem. Fortunately, the fix is very easy!

Simply remove the LEDs, and replace with the original bulbs :)

Seriously, I suspect the LEDs I got are of poor quality. I just can't be bothered with buying any more as an experiment.

But the LEDs look soooo good! :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, JayEmm said:

I made a point of buying relatively pricey LEDs (about a tenner), which gauranteed CANBUS compatibility.

There is a good chance it's the brand of bulb you bought, LEDs are notorious for playing havoc with certain cars that come with tungsten bulbs.

@JayEmm - thanks again for the youtube upload, didn't realise the switch to LEDs was so easy. I think I bought the ones you bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANSSI-Reverse-Back-up-Indicator-Improve/dp/B016HOT47C

I don't mind spending a bit more if I need to get ones with a higher resistance to trick the car into thinking I have the original bulbs in (I'm not the best when it comes to electrics so I could be talking complete crap!)

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, azim said:

But the LEDs look soooo good! :thumbsup:

@JayEmm - thanks again for the youtube upload, didn't realise the switch to LEDs was so easy. I think I bought the ones you bought: https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANSSI-Reverse-Back-up-Indicator-Improve/dp/B016HOT47C

I don't mind spending a bit more if I need to get ones with a higher resistance to trick the car into thinking I have the original bulbs in (I'm not the best when it comes to electrics so I could be talking complete crap!)

Thanks!

That's the exact set I ordered. When they arrived, there was no mention of VANSSI on the packaging.

• Gold FFM

Same as me. They're still working fine (after a quick fix with a soldering iron when one of them fell apart inside the light :() so they can be fitted to an S1 and although I didn't keep the box, this is the (previously) sealed pack that was inside.....

David Mobile - 150916 009.JPG

Thanks guys - I'll try again. The ones I previously bought from Amazon came from China and took a while to arrive (from a different seller I think). The ones I can see on there will come next day, fingers crossed.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, blueg33 said:

Any update on this?  Ie did the replacement work?

No, unfortunately the same issue as before :sleeping: 

18 hours ago, 697OK said:

Can someone please post current link for these bubs as all I can find is white ones?

Thanks

Same link as above - they are white, don't need to be coloured as the lens is coloured :) Let me know how you get on.

• 11 months later...