free hit
counters
Black wheel bolts for V6 Exige - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@NANO just to chime in. Have been running the 'solid' black ones for over 4 years now with 3 different sets of wheels. Torque them with a torque wrench, slightly higher compared to the ones with the m

Me three......

I also run the solid black bolts from SeriouslyLotus. If you buy the VX220 ones, you get the right quantity: https://www.seriouslylotus.com/wheels-tyres/europa-and-vx220-wheel-bolt-kit-352 N

Posted Images

Dave at Seriously Lotus can supply I think.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Dave at Seriously Lotus can supply I think.

The V6 and Evora use bolts with a moving washer ( the tapered part of the bolt) These are only available in silver ( wanted black for my car)

They are dimensionally the same as S2 bolts, but these do not have the moving washer

Hope this helps....

Edited by Seriouslylotus

Thanks for the feedback.  [Ignorant mode on] What benefit does the moving washer give?  Is it necessary to use them or can you use the S2 wheel bolts?  I have a bunch of these in black!

Simon

3 hours ago, fnomis said:

Thanks for the feedback.  [Ignorant mode on] What benefit does the moving washer give?  Is it necessary to use them or can you use the S2 wheel bolts?  I have a bunch of these in black!

Simon

They are better for aligning the wheel, and also wont take the paint off! I have titanium bolts, so cant comment, as they are fine. 

1 minute ago, TheKevlarKid said:

They have nothing to do with bolt alignment or taking paint off wheels. They are used to give more consistent and even torque setting to the bolts.

Or the above :lol:

must admit, the Exige is the only car ive ever had them on. 

• 4 years later...
On 12/09/2016 at 00:27, Seriouslylotus said:

The V6 and Evora use bolts with a moving washer ( the tapered part of the bolt) These are only available in silver ( wanted black for my car)

They are dimensionally the same as S2 bolts, but these do not have the moving washer

Hope this helps....

Hallo Dave,

sorry ... I take this subject again (stopped for a while ...) to ask if, after a few years, there are any news regarding the commercial availability ( for sale ) of these black bolts (moving washers ...) for Exige V6 ?

cheers

@NANO just to chime in. Have been running the 'solid' black ones for over 4 years now with 3 different sets of wheels. Torque them with a torque wrench, slightly higher compared to the ones with the moving washer and you'll be fine. I do mine up a 115Nm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Mattmahope said:

Alternatively switch to wheel studs instead perhaps?

I thought about this, but no one seems to make nice looking ones, and from what I found they all have silver nuts which means you're back in the same situation as you started really.

16 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

I also run the solid black bolts from SeriouslyLotus. If you buy the VX220 ones, you get the right quantity:

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/wheels-tyres/europa-and-vx220-wheel-bolt-kit-352

Nice to have bolts which don’t go rusty!

7BF6EB41-1999-4654-9208-63AE35B6E531.thumb.jpeg.2bc8668140b90340d70a00e9a3db8a9f.jpeg

Me three......

spacer.png

• Like 2
On 25/02/2021 at 21:54, Mattmahope said:

I’m getting the ones from Elise Parts with the lightweight black wheel nuts

https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/wheels-and-tyres/nuts-bolts/wheel-stud-kit-all-s2-s3-models/

I'd like to see a photo of them fitted as the bolts look quite long.

Has anyone fitted a locking wheel nut to a 410 and what did you use?

I have only just realised that they don't come with locking wheel nuts!

I can't seem to find anything specific, are the wheel studs sold on Elise parts long enough? Was thinking to just put one on each wheel and get a standard locking nut.

On 25/02/2021 at 16:57, GFWilliams said:

I also run the solid black bolts from SeriouslyLotus. If you buy the VX220 ones, you get the right quantity:

https://www.seriouslylotus.com/wheels-tyres/europa-and-vx220-wheel-bolt-kit-352

Nice to have bolts which don’t go rusty!

7BF6EB41-1999-4654-9208-63AE35B6E531.thumb.jpeg.2bc8668140b90340d70a00e9a3db8a9f.jpeg

Do you know if these will fit a Sport 410?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Ramones1234 said:

Do you know if these will fit a Sport 410?

Thanks

NO they are too short for the rears on the cars with 285 tyres (Lotus fitted a 3mm spacer to the back of the wheel so these are too short by 3mm)

Edited by Seriouslylotus
  • Like 1
On 14/03/2021 at 08:49, Seriouslylotus said:

NO they are too short for the rears on the cars with 285 tyres (Lotus fitted a 3mm spacer to the back of the wheel so these are too short by 3mm)

Thanks for the info Dave, I don't suppose anyone does supply them for the 410 Sport?