free hit
counters
Visual Improvement - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Visual Improvement

On 9/15/2016 at 13:23, Rancid said:

Rather enjoyed my morning cortado in the car...

Just when you think you've lived long enough to know everything, you run across a gem like this one. I love this place. Learn something new every day.B-)

Soon you'll be graduating to a double Ristretto. And the cup holder that goes with it.<_<

6 hours ago, Dani said:

Very funny Rancid. Cup holder plus 2 airbags and a visual improvement as well! Good product! :lol: 

Group buy?:)

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 14/09/2016 at 17:54, Ex Londoner said:

The factory units are about 3.5lbs for the set, the TransForged set weighs in at less than 1lb.

How do the old mirrors come off? Had a look today, but the window seal covers most of the holes, well looks like it :lol:

12_09medium.gif

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There are two of No.6 per side, four in total. They just didn't show them all to keep the diagram simple. I had the same odd thought, then checked the parts list under the diagram on Deroure's page, then it made sense.

Front bottom? :blink: 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I just saw my mirrors get disassembled as I complained to the dealer that they fold in towards the car at around 180kph and I'm unable to see anything. Upon closer inspection though, we saw that there was really nothing you can do to tighten it, so we just returned it back. Looks like I'll just wait for my order from Mick!

1 hour ago, Xisthos said:

at around 180kph 

Bummer!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 15/09/2016 at 18:42, alias23 said:

@Ex Londoner I feel you could really help contribute to the community with a good cup holder solution. The Lotus one seemed a good solution but now appears to be as rare as rocking horse sh*t.

Added weight :(

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

1 hour ago, French Frie said:

Ryan, I experimented 230kph in the roadster (on the Hunaudières straight :blush:), and the mirrors stayed corrected settled ...  Strange that yours are folding ! But as said, it is a good excuse to move to the Transforged ones :lol: !

Argh, I wish I had yours! I find myself letting go of the gas at 180 because I can't bother to move both again. Anyway definitely makes me look forward to the TF pair!

:thumbsup:

Evora NA

On 19-9-2016 at 04:20, Xisthos said:

I just saw my mirrors get disassembled as I complained to the dealer that they fold in towards the car at around 180kph and I'm unable to see anything. Upon closer inspection though, we saw that there was really nothing you can do to tighten it, so we just returned it back. Looks like I'll just wait for my order from Mick!

Degrease the springs with brake cleaner, that should do the trick.

On the other hand... I do have these V1's from Mick in my garage waiting for me to install them ;-)

Edited by Kristof Thys
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 04:34, MartynB said:

So, Mick @Ex Londoner, what is the length of the V2 setup from plinth to tip of mirror shroud?

Marty the total length of the Version 2s is 12".  Remember the mirror is convex glass and provides a very good visual.  Here's a few pics from several months ago during my prototyping.

Image-2.jpg

Image.jpg

• Like 1

With each order we're planning to send smaller plastic flat caps to insert in those holes.  You'll notice that the holes prior to wing mirror removal/install include black stickers, that when removed are difficult to replace.

Edited by Ex Londoner

8 hours ago, Ex Londoner said:

With each order we're planning to send smaller plastic flat caps to insert in those holes.  You'll notice that the holes prior to wing mirror removal/install include black stickers, that when removed are difficult to replace.

And maybe something for the top hole on the outside?