free hit
counters
2300 miles, 8 countries in 12 days - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PaulCP

2300 miles, 8 countries in 12 days

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In what @Foxy?

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Something from Norfolk!

I'll have a better idea in a few weeks...hopefully an IPS 400 but I'd be happy with a £6k NA! 

Oooh good news on horizon?

Must catch up soon then.

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Fingers crossed here Simon :thumbup:

An ex VX Evora tour sounds good. I suppose we could also consider allowing @Kalli & @JG220 to tag along as outsiders :lol::lol:

Seriously though, a TLF Alps tour would be great!

• Like 1

Looking at a VX on Friday. So as a current VX and Evora owner would I be allowed on tour too?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

2 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Seriously though, a TLF Alps tour would be great!

@Bibs This :)

Black n gold

Since I've never been, might be an idea for someone else to organise such a trip but I'm very happy for it to be organised and will most certainly join you all :)

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

WAHOOO!!!! I honestly can't wait :D I love being topless in other countries. 

@C8RKH - what VX are you looking at? JG220, CocoPops, Paul and I (the latter being the only real driver) have a wealth of experience to bestow :D

(buy a 400 or Exige S) :D 

Right - we need an action plan. Professionally, I work in project management - so i'll take control of next years event! 

To start with, @CocoPops - I'm delegating organisation of this to you. To help you get started:

Actions:

@PaulCP - Please can you provide Lee with suggested routes, hotels, and your lessons learned from this year. We need a name for this upcoming event, so we can get cheesy t shirts and stickers. I suggest something unique like "Switzerland Driving Holiday In 14 Different Lotus During 2016"

Or alternatively, "Aggressively Looking for Panoramic Scenery - TLF 2016" (or ALPS16 for when @Bibs puts up a 20% discount code to celebrate the inauguration of this trip.

- We need suggestions for dates - given I already know of one participants commitments, i'd suggest during Summer holidays.

- We need a rough route - once mapped out, we can start pinning hotels/stop offs/photo opportunities and adjusting accordingly. 

- We need a max participant list - i've no experience in this, but I could imagine too many would limit the hotels and routes, but too few and @CocoPops & I could be stuck with @JG220 for a 3 person romantic meal. Not ideal, as i've seen how I have to battle for JG's attention when Coco's involved. 

- @Bibs - I'll invoice you for my invaluable consultancy services. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

2 hours ago, Kalli said:

WAHOOO!!!! I honestly can't wait :D I love being topless in other countries. 

@C8RKH - what VX are you looking at? JG220, CocoPops, Paul and I (the latter being the only real driver) have a wealth of experience to bestow :D

(buy a 400 or Exige S) :D 

@Kalli I'm looking at a 2001 NA car with lowish miles. It's had a lot of work done on it including a full suspension refresh, adjustable shocks, larini exhaust and cat delete, new manifold, recent new chains, and m-teck discs, and is fitted with a rear spoiler (lip on clam) and diffuser and front splitters.

Wanted something to look after as a track car that wouldn't be a catastrophe if I binned it - not that that means I'd be driving like a [email protected] or dickhead on the track - just something to help improve my driving skills and ability.

I was looking at Elise S1, but their prices are going north and the VX seems like a good alternative, with some Lotus dna, at a very reasonable price.

Thought if I kept it for 18 months, looked after it and treated it well, I'd probably lose hardly anything on it as prices seem quite firm for non abused models and then go for an Elise 250Cup or equivalent on the 50:50 as an upgrade! :)

So the VX for the track, and the Evora for the Alps. Sorted!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Andy, if you let us know the car involved we may either know it or be able to find out its history. Lee is a super sleuth on these things :thumbup:

Oh, and BTW, an Alps trip wouldn't be the same without you :P. When are you due at H111?

Ok will ping you to take offline and am currently arranging my factory and heritage tour to Hethel for November :)

But James, VX and exige are exactly the same thing. :P 

14 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Oooh good news on horizon?

Must catch up soon then.

Well, there is certainly news on the Horizon...whether it's good remains to be seen... ?

2 hours ago, JG220 said:

Similar but not the same.

You're just being pedantic, they're the same colour and everything!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxy said:

You're just being pedantic, they're the same colour and everything!

5 hours ago, JG220 said:

Similar but not the same.

Turncoats always feel the need to justify their decision, especially when they realise they got it wrong :lol:

• Like 1