free hit
counters
Hello, it's finally here after 6 months. - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello, it's finally here after 6 months.

Xisthos

I'm quite happy with the Sport exhaust, yes. A good amount of raspiness and aggression, along with some pops and cracks along with it. I will however, definitely be installing a manifold and be removing my cats. I still don't know if I'll change the exhaust later on.

Don't hate me now, but living here does have its share of perks. We have 0 speed cameras and maybe a total of 2-3 LIDARS to cover the whole country that hardly anyone gets caught speeding. We don't have noise regulations at all, and our emission law standards are quite laughable. Sounds fun eh?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 minutes ago, Xisthos said:

... and be removing my cats. I still don't know if I'll change the exhaust later on.

Ryan, but if you remove the cats (or someone may have already confirmed) you think will change the sound ?
If Yes, much or little ?

9 hours ago, Rancid said:

It's a real shame that Lotus continue using the standard exhaust in the current design - it just looks so bad.

Even more so now it's allegedly better sounding .

I wonder how easy it would be to just change the tips to the twin pipes

15 hours ago, Xisthos said:

I can imagine it to be a significant gain in volume, at the very least. I believe a few guys have done it here already. We should probably ask them ?

Some of you have already made the change to remove the cats from the Sport Exhaust Lotus ?

Can you tell us something ? Problems ? Noise improves a lot ?

22 hours ago, Xisthos said:

Don't hate me now, but living here does have its share of perks. We have 0 speed cameras and maybe a total of 2-3 LIDARS to cover the whole country that hardly anyone gets caught speeding. We don't have noise regulations at all, and our emission law standards are quite laughable. Sounds fun eh?

After reading that it should have been at least a 9month wait ??

Black n gold

Ryan: the car looks great!!! Where did you get the cannards from? They look very agressive...

On the mirror: I think they are just not designed for high speeds ... mine start to fold in at above 220 km/h ... nothing you can do about it ... at least I have not found a solution yet... 

Btw: Looks like you do not need a license plate in the Phillippines? 

Norbert, even before I received the car, I already ordered the Transforged ones which you can see in this thread: 

Re License plates, the situation is a bit complicated. The previous administration squandered the funds and made a bit of a dodgy deal with the issuance of plates in a new format we just adopted. So, literally millions of motorists are without one and since it's a very well known problem, the cops just let it go. However, you are required to have a conduction sticker until you get the actual plates, which I have not put in because it just looks bad on the car :lol: So it's just sitting in a folder in the trunk and I probably won't install until I am actually flagged down. Plus, the only chances of that happening are in the Central Business District anyway. But because the car is quite rare in the country (only 2 so far), it will continue to look "new" for probably at least 2-3 years which will allow me not to install the plates even when I receive them :stuart:

Oh, and the canards are from Lotus themselves. Here's a shot of the interior btw. 

IMG_20160918_102711938_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

I wouldn't have tried this color combo, but I have to admit I like it ! regarding the USB cable, you can run it through the dasboard, and make it coming out between the two central airvents, if you want to ... you just have to use some plastic levers to introduce the cable between dashboard's panels, it's quite easy and give a neater aspect .

• Gold FFM

Love the colour combo and the interior is fantastic with the red leather and the red touches like mirrors. Simply wonderful.

I see you have an original UK designed lightweight spider phone holder too. Superb!"

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, French Frie said:

I wouldn't have tried this color combo, but I have to admit I like it ! regarding the USB cable, you can run it through the dasboard, and make it coming out between the two central airvents, if you want to ... you just have to use some plastic levers to introduce the cable between dashboard's panels, it's quite easy and give a neater aspect .

Thanks for the tip! Gonna try that out. The original interior color I wanted was actually white with red stitching, but they told me that it was no longer available, hence the gamble on the red :)

17 hours ago, MartynB said:

Thanks for the information and tip Martyn. Will they fit on a 350 sport spoiler?

Should do. That's what I've bought my pair for. Just waiting for the car now.

They were for the V6 Cup originally, see here:

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=6311&MAK=1&MDL=42&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

The wing should be the same on the 350 Sport Coupé.

11 hours ago, MartynB said:

Should do. That's what I've bought my pair for. Just waiting for the car now.

They were for the V6 Cup originally, see here:

http://www.deroure.com/diagrams.asp?TBL=6311&MAK=1&MDL=42&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0

The wing should be the same on the 350 Sport Coupé.

Thanks for confirming.

Finally got my Garmin Virb XE installed with the OBD II dongle. Glad to know that it's getting the full range of info from the car! Previously tried it on my Audi and BMW SUVs and they were only communicating so much information. Here's a screenshot from when I was setting it up. 14407811_10154002103618214_983629020_o.png

Should be fun in the track after my first PMS. There's a host of other information streaming to it but these are the ones I've selected. 

• Gold FFM

@Xisthos - I'm a bit of a laggard so can you help me understand how you connect the Garmin to the dongle and then get the video overlays etc?  If I wasn't dumb about this stuff you could call me stupid! 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Make sure you have the Bluetooth activated on the camera itself. Go to Bluetooth > Settings. Select Add New and at that point you should have the dongle plugged in already. Select the dongle to pair. You can also try pressing the Bluetooth button on the OBD dongle to pair it. You're going to see a blue light flash on the dongle and a confirmation message on the camera that should say that it's connected. 

For the overlays, just download Garmin Virb Edit software. When you upload the videos, Select Create Video then choose what you just uploaded. There you will see options and templates on which gauged and overlays you'll want to put on the finished product. 

Oh and don't worry about it. Took a bit of time for me to understand it myself! 

Agreed looks great for car and track videos. I know the VIRB has built in GPS and accelerometers but how do you get the engine data on there?

You get the data through the OBD dongle it comes with as part of a "car racing bundle" but I'm pretty sure it's just a Garmin rebadged OBDLink product seen here:

http://www.obdlink.com/mxbt/ 

I don't really have any decent videos to show yet, so here's a sample of what it can do, and yes lap timing is one of the features.

The software it comes with really does all the work for you. It gets all the information from its sensors and OBD data. All you have to do is select from the drop down boxes when creating the video what you want to see. You'll see that it the video, he has two speedometers. Reason for that is that one is from GPS, while the other is from the car itself.