free hit
counters
Bibs vindicated........ The evidence - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Colin P

Bibs vindicated........ The evidence

So Lotus didn't believe you. :rtfm:

Epsom to Wales yesterday morning.......

image_6.jpeg

Obviously taken by passenger :busted cop:

• Like 1

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good effort :D

Lotus didn't didn't believe it, it was mainly our resident 400 expert... 

As I said at the time, when I'm testing a car for review, you look at extremes as well as everyday to get the 'big picture' about the car. On the motorway, at a reasonable and constant speed this is attainable and I saw it a few times. I've also have the average MPG in an Evora 400 in single figures, and that wasn't on track*! 

Evora 400, the supercar cruiser :D

*On track in a 3-Eleven, fuel consumption was an entire tank in 30 mins driving.:driving:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

In the last couple of weeks while on holiday the 400 has returned some superb mpg for what it is, it puts my 2.0l estate car to shame.

• Like 1

I am getting an average of 24mpg, which is still pretty good compared with most 'performance' cars out there. That is a (daily) mixture of motorway cruising, B road 'horsing it' and city rush hour stop-start in low gear; all in sport mode.

A pleasant surprise as the Scoob averages 12-15mpg when driven hard and the tank is only 50 litre capacity.

I haven't done any calculated MPG tests since I ran mine in, but I will do some again as it's not got 7,000 miles on the clock so everything will have loosened up a bit.

I'm still some way from having seen 40+ myself, but I've done a number of runs in the 30s - more than I can say for my M3, or the Excel!

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I don't read a great deal into "trip" averages, mine are always avg per tank.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/lotus/evora/2016/cocopops/447244

IMG_0225.PNG

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

When the fuel tank is only 60 litres, the difference between 20 and 25mpg can make a big difference.

One of the most annoying features of my 6 series was the tank - 70 litres was far too small for that particular car

James Martin (JayEmm)

9 hours ago, Neal H said:

Anyway, if mpg matters to you, you don't buy a 400hp sports car :)

In my defence, I have to be off the M25 by 7 or you just sit there all day (such is life when you have to do the Heathrow stretch wherever you go) and I didn't need to be in Wales until 9-10, as such I was in no hurry. It wasn't therefore pre-planned, it just happened. You should however be seeing 30+ on a motorway. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

While I'm sure it's cool to say who cares about MPG, I'm sure no owners would relish sitting on a motorway as you sometimes have to getting 12MPG when you could be getting 40+ instead. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

That's a superb figure. Has anyone confirmed this the old fashioned way with filling up, driving and filling up again to check against the mileage? My Evora's have always read low MPG on the dash compared with real world figures, in other words the dash says 24mpg whereas its has actually acheived 27mpg.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

That was my point really that while it reads 42mpg I wonder what it's actually acheiving. 400 owners, you have a mission.

Trevor.

My last fill-to-fill calculations indicated the dash was slightly pessimistic. I got around 25-31mpg.

I tried to get 40 on a run the other day but one roundabout and it all went to hell. Not an issue though, 30+ on a cruise is totally achievable without effort and that's absolutely plenty.

James Martin (JayEmm)

My GTE gets 24-27mpg on average. Seems I'm a bit of a girl then.

Trevor.

That does seem very good Trevor. My fuel tanks usually thinks it is empty when there is still a good 10L in it. Putting more than 50L in I have done maybe three times.

On track I did a tank in about 120 miles and that was nearly a full tank.

Still vastly better than many other cars I can think of!

James Martin (JayEmm)

Currently averaging 14.7mpg. Best tank so far was 17.6 :D

• Like 1

2016 Evora 400 | Signature Silver on Red Alcantara

On 16 September 2016 at 04:00, Colin P said:

So Lotus didn't believe you. :rtfm:

Epsom to Wales yesterday morning.......

image_6.jpeg

Obviously taken by passenger :bustedcop:

Are you sure you didn't use photoshop (or similar) to switch the 2 and the 4 around from 24?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Drove 130 miles to Isle of Wight on weekend, leaving car in Normal mode and Auto, averaging 80 leptons on motorways.  Managed 34mpg which seemed OK for speed.

Hit the island, friend wanted a passenger ride, within 20 miles I was down to 20mpg  lol,. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned : Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

I joined the 40+mpg club last weekend; an indicated 41mpg on the way back from Oxford.

I have to confess, it was somewhat less exciting than the altitude equivalent club!

• Like 1

But took longer? :huh::lol:

Evora NA