free hit
counters
sleeping beauty - Page 2 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
biggee

sleeping beauty

Hi Ant ,

What a small and interesting world this lotus lark is . I sold the 74 elite to the chap from Pool just a couple of weeks ago . I am glad it has provided some good parts for you , and him . It was beyond sensible repair . I sold the silver " sleeping beauty " the previous week , and I am already regretting it . I am just left with an 84 silver éclat excel , and a nice blue late model ( registered in 93 "k" ) both needing a small amount of work to get back on the road . I sold the excel convertible to a Dutch chap in Hastings . I delivered it to him and what a character he was . He met me in a field near his home , which was full of old cars he has been collecting . 110 I counted , from Jensen Interceptors to 944 porsches and everything in between .  

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Cheers Lee,

Happy to also add that I got the top windscreen trim in really straight nick - these are apparently like hens teeth.

I've also been thinking about the windscreen - I think it is there is a plastic film in between the 2 bits of glass? and it is this that is discolouring.

Initially I thought that I probably wouldn't be able to use it but to be honest, having cleaned it up, given that it has cost be nothing but time and a tank of fuel, I am going to put it on Tom's Éclat - you've only got to go out and get a stone chip and you are back to square 1 - so I just don't see the point of not using it just for the sake of a small amount of discolouration at the edges. I think I heard of someone putting a black tint strip on the outside top of the screen which effectively covered it up.

Really chuffed with my haul this week - added to the replacement chassis which arrived on Tuesday, Tom and I are good to go. Just saving up for a 3hp compressor so I can shot blast the chassis!! <_<

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?