free hit
counters
Shockingly bad service from Murray Lotus - Edinburgh - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Shockingly bad service from Murray Lotus - Edinburgh

What's your end game here mate, what outcome are you hoping to achieve?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've resisted contributing to this debate as its been quite emotive but as I've just had my Esprit V8 serviced and MOT'd at MMC (for the 11th year running) I feel I have to comment. Once again, I

Posted Images

13 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Will that be before or after further adjustments? Looking at the chronological reporting of your issues, and particularly the most recent one together with all the timing between each, if I were Lotus I would be telling you to FRO.

Sounds like you are exactly the type of employee Murray Lotus is hires these day - maybe you should send in your CV :P

If Murray's had acknolwledged the issues from day one and responded to resolve the at that point then they wouldn't be getting a bad wrap about it now. Instead they would have got a glowing report of how well they handled the situation in light of issues.

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

What's your end game here mate, what outcome are you hoping to achieve?

No game plan, no planned end game. I'm just annoyed and frustrated at the treatment given my past loyalty to MMC. I've sent so many people their way and given them plenty of business myself so to be treated the way I have been feels like a kick to the googlies followed by a slap in the face.

Search Results

ca·thar·sis
kəˈTHärsəs/
noun

1. 1.
    the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions.
    synonyms: emotional release, relief, release, venting

ca·thar·sis

kəˈTHärsəs/

noun

Often a valuable tool for maintaining one's sanity.:)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Like 2

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, saj said:

so to be treated the way I have been feels like a kick to the googlies followed by a slap in the face.

Ah. So you have met my wife then? Welcome to my world.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 12.10.2016 at 15:14, The Lotus Position said:

That crack in the trim would do my head in, especially as you'd see it every time you get in the car. How come this cracked trim has only come to light now if you think Murray damaged it weeks ago?

For what it's worth I've had nothing but great service from them. Slight niggles that most used car warranties would try to wriggle out of have been dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Unfortunately cracks in that trim panel are very common (had it twice on my former Evora S), there being at least two known issues for it:

1. Thermal - the panel expands and contracts with every engine cycle, causing strain that can lead to the fracture you showed
  2. Trunk lid adjustment - there is an incredible freedom in adjusting the trunk lid to properly fit and alihn with the body, including the sail panel.

In your case, I'll go certain that it was the adjustment, which is also what the pictures show. The lid was obviously off, so there is no question on that. If the clam was removed an then adjusted poorly, that would be further aggravate things. First the clam removal has to be aligned to the body. Then the Sail Panel to the clam and roof. The trunk lid is the last item to adjust.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 10/12/2016 at 23:16, tim_marra said:

Will that be before or after further adjustments? Looking at the chronological reporting of your issues, and particularly the most recent one together with all the timing between each, if I were Lotus I would be telling you to FRO.

Is she your ex-wife yet? Or are you into this kind of stuff?:sofa:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

19 minutes ago, TBD said:

Unfortunately cracks in that trim panel are very common (had it twice on my former Evora S), there being at least two known issues for it:

1. Thermal - the panel expands and contracts with every engine cycle, causing strain that can lead to the fracture you showed
  2. Trunk lid adjustment - there is an incredible freedom in adjusting the trunk lid to properly fit and alihn with the body, including the sail panel.

In your case, I'll go certain that it was the adjustment, which is also what the pictures show. The lid was obviously off, so there is no question on that. If the clam was removed an then adjusted poorly, that would be further aggravate things. First the clam removal has to be aligned to the body. Then the Sail Panel to the clam and roof. The trunk lid is the last item to adjust.

Before you read on, I have to first of all say the sceptics are probably going to think I'm at it now. I think if I was reading onwards about someone else I'd be thinking that but honestly not a word you read next is a lie, I swear it is the truth.

So I had one of the dash lights come on and since the weekend my clutch has felt like it has been ready to give up on me, the bite point is practically not there now and the pedal now requires a fair amount more force that it did just a few weeks ago. So on Monday quick message to CMC and was booked in first thing this morning to drop it off before going to work. So it's about 7.15am and for the first time fairly cold so I get in the car, start her up and stick on the front and rear demister (first time i'm using the rear demister after summer). Wait about a minute and then set off. A few minutes into the journey I notice in my rear view that the demister isn't clearing the rear window. At first I think maybe it just needs a bit more time as it was quite cold and as the car is getting on a bit maybe it just isn't as quick as it used to be. So another few minutes into the journey and still no joy so now I'm thinking yep it is definitely not working. No big deal I'm dropping the car to CMC I'll get that checked out at the same time as the clutch.

So get a message from CMC this afternoon:

14647268_10153932954816179_927876774_o.j

Lead to the rear window demister and the rear centre brake light isn't connected. So clearly it hasn't been reconnected when the car was reassembled following the paint work. Now I know what you're thinking CMC must be at it now. Craig even said to me he thought Saj is going to think we are at it  :lol: and for a moment one might have thought that but then I remembered that when I was driving home the other day a member of the public took a picture of the back of my car on the motorway and posted it up on Rev Limits you'll see below:

evora_rear_m8.png

Now that was posted on Rev Limits on October 10th, but the reason for showing it is because the picture is of me braking and if you look at the centre of the spoiler no brake light working truth be told I forgot I even had a brake light in the spoiler until today. So the point i'm making is that the rear brake light wasn't working before it went into CMC. Now I had no idea my rear brake light was not working at all, the only thing I was originally going to CMC for was the dash light and the clutch. Again for any sceptics out there here is my original message to get my car booked in, nothing to do with any rear demister or rear brake light.

14672769_10153933071711179_846963559_o.j

Honestly you can't make this stuff up  #damnfunny

Edited by saj

Certainly fits the picture. Now, reconnecting that connector is fortunately not a big thing, but it does make you wonder what else they forgot. 

Problem is, you're pretty much in a loose-loose position. Obviously (and rightly) you've lost faith in your car. Worse than having an issue (even if it is easy to fix) is that grumbling in your stomach every time you take the car for a drive. What will break next? Are there more hidden issues? Who is going to pay to fix the mistakes? ... It can get to the point where you actually hate getting into the car (despite loving it so much). BTW. taking Murray's to court will only worsen that feeling.

My suggestion, take a step back and reconsider your situation. IF you still love the car then give everything a reset - forget the past and look forward. Otherwise sell it and get a new one. 

I've currently no plans to do anything drastic and I don't really expect MMC to do anything now. They've ignored me up till now, I don't really see that changing hence why I'm working with Lotus Customer Services with the remaineder of my issues.

No love for the actual car has been lost - I do love me car :)

Having CMC looking after my car means I don't have any real worries of finding anything else, if I do I'll just get it fixed. The point of the thread is to warn others that the service from MMC is not what it used to be, I could never trust them again - that's the most important thing.

Is it possible that MMC dropped the car at CMC unfinished, with the intention of collecting the car back after the windscreen replacement? This could never happen since you collected the car direct from CMC?

e.g. would you not have to sign some paperwork etc at Murray after the warranty work was completed? You may have inadvertently prevented the work from being finished.

Not on this occasion. I even said to them that if after the paintwork it was going to be a rush to do the interior trim to just send the car to CMC for the windscreen and then get it back to finish off the work on the interior as I was on holiday anyway, but they chose to do all the work first and then send it on to CMC.

I don't get you, what are you trying to get at here.

Car went to MMC for all the warranty work. MMC completed it and sent to CMC. Why are you trying to find some sort of out for them - you are looking for something that isn't there.

Saj,

I don't know why you used MMC for some work and then had the car transported to Craig for other work? Probably doesn't matter.

When you picked the car up from Craig, why didn't you get him to confirm the issues you report you have/had so you would have a second person confirming to MMC that there were faults with the car? The dealership I work at have these same sort of issues and many times it is the owner 'screwing the pooch' so to speak. Another dealer just up the road actually has all its service advisors video the exterior and interior of the car prior to service for this very reason. I am not saying that is what you have done here, but having a second witness to the faults that was not the owner (yourself) would have gone a long way to assisting you with MMC. I don't know your geographical location to MMC, but there is a part of me that would have taken the car straight back to MMC for checking.

Hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Sounds like the relationship has broken down ireversably - move on and don't look backwards.

im really not sure you will achieve anything in doing so

• Like 1

Only here once

6 hours ago, saj said:

I don't get you, what are you trying to get at here.

Car went to MMC for all the warranty work. MMC completed it and sent to CMC. Why are you trying to find some sort of out for them - you are looking for something that isn't there.

But you cannot be certain MMC completed it, as you collected the car from CMC before any opportunity for MMC to do otherwise. , but still you blame them full stop. It just does not make a good story. Maybe you fooked up too?

8 hours ago, saj said:

Not on this occasion. I even said to them that if after the paintwork it was going to be a rush to do the interior trim to just send the car to CMC for the windscreen and then get it back to finish off the work on the interior as I was on holiday anyway, but they chose to do all the work first and then send it on to CMC.

They chose to, but maybe didn't get it completed but delivered the car to Craig for the windscreen due to it being booked in with Craig. Maybe with the intent of getting it back to complete as mentioned by Tim. Surely Craig and hi people would have noticed things being awry when they started/moved the car as well and would have let you know of issues?

The more this goes, there appears to be a communication issue which has led to a relationship breakdown. There is a part of me that is not sure if it was totally MMC's fault?

You were away, on holiday as you said, and multiple car dealers were involved in that time.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

23 hours ago, ramjet said:

I don't know why you used MMC for some work and then had the car transported to Craig for other work? Probably doesn't matter.

My car was already booked in for the following Monday with CMC to have the front clam removed so that Autoglass could fit the windscreen for me. MMC was supposed to have completed the warranty work on my car for the Thursday so that I could pick it up and take it to CMC on Friday morning before I went on holiday. However MMC told me they wouldn't be finished for Thursday so they said they'd drop the car off to CMC once they had completed their work. MMC dropped the car off to CMC by 9.00am on the Monday.

22 hours ago, tim_marra said:

But you cannot be certain MMC completed it, as you collected the car from CMC before any opportunity for MMC to do otherwise. , but still you blame them full stop. It just does not make a good story. Maybe you fooked up too?

MMC told me they had completed the work!!! Honestly why don't you just go and troll some other thread.

22 hours ago, ramjet said:

You were away, on holiday as you said, and multiple car dealers were involved in that time.

So explain to me how taking the front clam off would disconnect the head unit, would disconnect the 12v power socket on the replaced interior trim and would have my mobile phone charging wire stuck in the rear seat that was reinstalled during the warranty work. A bit of common sense please.

Edited by saj
typo
27 minutes ago, saj said:

My car was already booked in for the following Monday with CMC to have the front clam removed so that Autoglass could fit the windscreen for me. MMC was supposed to have completed the warranty work on my car for the Thursday so that I could pick it up and take it to CMC on Friday morning before I went on holiday. However MMC told me they wouldn't be finished for Thursday so they said they'd drop the car off to CMC once they had completed their work. MMC dropped the car off to CMC by 9.00am on the Monday.

MMC told me they had completed the work!!! Honestly why don't you just go and troll some other thread.

Hey fella, I ain't no troll FFS. Your storyline up to this point was less than clear to me. I hope you get it sorted soon & continue to enjoy the car.

My last word.....honest!

I'm finished as well because this post makes no sense whatsoever to the comment I made.

Best of luck with it all Saj.