free hit
counters
4k!!! - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/252527994840?hash=item3acbd767d8:g:15wAAOSwWZ9Xn56K

An MG Metro was up to about 3k yesterday and looks to have sold. How can this be 4k?

If I had a bigger garage I would be sorely tempted

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Has been for sale for a long time also Dan, so not sure whats wrong with it, looks very nice in green and looks in condtion from the outside also just depends what lurks beneath !. :)  

A

Right I didn't know that.I rarely go on Ebay,  looks lovely has anyone enquired?? 

I am for the record not buying it :P

Cloth upholstery, boring wheels, dull green?

Nice but not v exciting, and in a marketplace of limited buyers.

Edited by Herc

Funnily enough, I was discussing this one with Clive this morning. I think its a nice looking car, and I quite like the cloth.

If it was on my driveway in surrey, I'd be asking a lot more for it. But its hard to gauge a cars true condition just from some pics. It mentions a re-spray, and we all know how variable they can be.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan E said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INVESTMENT-OPPORTUNITY-/252527994840?hash=item3acbd767d8:g:15wAAOSwWZ9Xn56K

An MG Metro was up to about 3k yesterday and looks to have sold. How can this be 4k?

If I had a bigger garage I would be sorely tempted

Yes , Totally agree , I mentioned t

I mentioned this in a previous post , looks way too cheap , but someone did say that the location would put some off . I suppose its a long way just to go have a look . I have just bought another narrow body excel ( from Glasgow ) , I was the only bidder , again , was this a location thing ? , or have I  got a screw loose , and a sucker for anything cheap with Lotus badge . Think my wife will break my fingers soon , to keep me off ebay !!!blue lot.jpgblue lot.jpg

• Like 1

Lee i think you are right about the location thing, Scotland is a long way for most people, obviously depending from which part of the country you come from lol.  If i had the space to store them i would be doing exactly the same as you at the moment, the way i look at it, the elite and eclat are going up in value, at some point no projects will be left, the next best thing for people to get the fix and get on the lotus ladder will be the excel and this again will see the prices rise of this model imo. :yes:  I need to bag an excel just for its HC engine to remove. :cry:

A

If that was in Aus and I was in the market, I'd be sorely tempted.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

They want around $18-$22k in Aus. I had a look at the white Excel near Bathurst a few years ago, and it was OK, but nothing special, and it is still on the market, so obviously is not in a hurry. I can have a look at it for you ramjet and can ship it out?

Thanks Clive, but once my S4 is gone, that's it. Just not up to it anymore.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.