free hit
counters
v8 cooling down - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
purso

v8 cooling down

Hi Guys,

Any idea after a healthy drive say circa 45 mins how long it takes for the engine to cool down?  

I am wondering as I have seen the carpet coming off of the outside of the engine bay and it looks as though some moisture has got into the glue and I am wondering if I have put cover on the car to soon after parking her up and I am getting condensation in the boot area around the engine?

Cheers

Brooke

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Carpet in the engine bay - sheer luxury!

I have my car in a garage, and I put the car back in it straight away after a drive, The garage gets very warm (and smelly) - so I think I'd wait until the engine has cooled down before covering the car up.

Makes sense mate, I wondered how long I should leave the car as today 45 mins car was left with boot up to get as much air to the engine and it was still throwing out a lot of heat.

They are excellent suggestions mate I am hoping someone does have some experience of how long the v8 takes to cool down, it is a big pain in the butt at the mo :)

I have a 30 minute drive to work and I put the car in the garage when I get home and approx 2 hours later its cold enough to put the cover over it. Still warm air coming through the rear deck vents but not too hot. Garage front and back doors left open for a nice cooling breeze.

• Like 1

Which I think Lotus should have done to the 4 pots as well.

I leave my Esprit for either an hour, then cover it up, or till' next day, what ever suits me. But that's a 4 pot. Seems to cool down quicker.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I have noticed that v8 Esprit is very powerfull garage heater, allthough not the most economical one...

• Like 1

"Older I get, faster I was"

Ha, I've just gone over 50,000! Bovvered? Do I look Bovvered? That reminds me, I need to start another thread about using your Esprit...

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)